My Username should be Confused!

aptommo

Hi there! Just found this site by google searching why my melts were coming out bad and I'm overwhelmed with information and excited at the same time! 

What's your name? Amber

How old are you? 39

Where do you live? Ohio

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? 2 weeks? I made candles a few times like 15 years ago and they were great so I think I just got lucky then because I'm a ball of confusion now

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? Tired of buying melts from others that I never end up loving

Are you married? Any kids? No just me and my kitty!

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? I do voice overs for radio

Anything else we should know? Probably :)

I had no idea there was a cure time for melts. I also had no idea there were 100 variations of soy wax and that I was using the wrong one and that's why my ears on my kitty mold break every single time! 

I'm here to learn and I hope you all will be patient with me!!

So far I've ordered from VA Candle, Nature's Garden, Candle Science and Amazon lol. 
I was using 415 soy which is probably why those 3D melts were not coming out as I hoped. I don't think I've been using nearly enough FO either and some of my tarts seems to have next to no throw when melting unless I put my nose directly over the burner. Funny enough after reading about cure times I just pulled out the second batch I ever did 2 weeks ago and it's starting to melt and I think I'm smelling it already so maybe I didn't do as bad as I thought. 

I want to make fancy melts. Cute molds, herbs instilled in the melt process, lots of glitter. My target audience is 20-35 year old college kids and the people that frequent my mom's tax office all winter! :)

Okay I've rambled enough but I'm happy I've found this site! 

Edited by aptommo
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, aptommo said:

I just realized I typed Amber as my name and I have no idea why I did that. It's my middle name and I literally never have gone by that in my life. My first name is Cristina! :)

And yes, thank you! It's fun! 

Well, hello Cristina! LOL

• Haha 1