MrDan

Tis the season (almost)!

As the holiday season is rapidly approaching I thought it would be a good idea to dust off this original Pourette mold from the 1970s. Just shy a pound of CBL-141, 7% of a wonderful Christmas fragrance, and a splash of some leaf green liquid dye, and see for yourself. It's really too bad you can't smell for yourself, because this smells just like the department store at Christmas when you were a kid!

20181020_134835.jpg

• Like 4

Awww! So cute. Wish I could smell it, I love christmas scents. Bet that candle is fun to burn, watching it burn slowly down. That's a christmas candle that would make a wonderful gift.

Haven't heard the name Pourette's in years! So sad they went out of business years ago.

Edited by Candybee

1 minute ago, Candybee said:

Awww! So cute. Wish I could smell it, I love christmas scents. Bet that candle is fun to burn, watching it burn slowly down. That's a christmas candle that would make a wonderful gift.

That's actually the only reason I got it out of storage; I figured my mom and my mother in law would love them as presents! 

Hooray for the hobby that costs me so much money but saves me hundreds on gifts!

I actually haven't burned one yet. That'll happen on Monday or Tuesday. A little cure time (whether it's actually needed or not, I dont know but what the hey, right?), and also gives me time to finish up all the other candles I've started!

• Like 1

I'm actually considering adding some ornaments, maybe by just rolling up small balls of colored beeswax; I'm not sure quite yet.