How long should body spray last?

bfroberts

What I mean is, once applied, how long should the scent last on the skin?

I've tried to measure the longevity of a couple of B&BW sprays I have and I'm getting varied results depending on the scent.  I want to start offering body sprays so I'm testing various FO's in my base.  I'm trying to determine how long it needs to last to be acceptable to the customers.  I'm really not sure what they will expect.

Thanks!

I think a lot depends on the scent and the persons chemistry. I noticed if I lightly spray on my hair it seems to last longer. Which base are you using ? 

Plus, I don't think you'll satisfy everyone. Which BBW sprays did you try. They have some really nice ones . 

2 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I think a lot depends on the scent and the persons chemistry. I noticed if I lightly spray on my hair it seems to last longer. Which base are you using ? 

Plus, I don't think you'll satisfy everyone. Which BBW sprays did you try. They have some really nice ones . 

I've got Sweet Pea, Cotton Blossom & Sensual Amber.  The Amber lasted the longest...about 3 hours.  Sweet Pea faded the fastest.  I also tried a couple of VS sprays I had and they didn't last very long either.  Just a couple of hours at best.  I'm just spraying on my wrists, dry skin, no prep, no scent layering, not after the shower or anything like that.  Just a plain old spritz on the wrist.

I've got various bases.  What I have came from Flaming, TCS, and RE.  I've been testing a lot of FO's, multiple combinations.  My best sprays are lasting about 4 hours, so that's kinda what I've been using as a benchmark, and I think that is acceptable based on what I've seen with the commercial sprays, but IDK.  I'm just so uncertain what customers will expect in this field.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I've got Sweet Pea, Cotton Blossom & Sensual Amber.  The Amber lasted the longest...about 3 hours.  Sweet Pea faded the fastest.  I also tried a couple of VS sprays I had and they didn't last very long either.  Just a couple of hours at best.  I'm just spraying on my wrists, dry skin, no prep, no scent layering, not after the shower or anything like that.  Just a plain old spritz on the wrist.

I've got various bases.  What I have came from Flaming, TCS, and RE.  I've been testing a lot of FO's, multiple combinations.  My best sprays are lasting about 4 hours, so that's kinda what I've been using as a benchmark, and I think that is acceptable based on what I've seen with the commercial sprays, but IDK.  I'm just so uncertain what customers will expect in this field.  

Who's  TCS ? I have a base from Catalina,  hydrating ???? It's aloe based . It is hydrating but it's really tricky  to work with, for me anyhow 

if too much FO is added it gets sticky or maybe tacky is a better word. Not sure I'll order it again 

i noticed bulk apothecary has a base , I think I might  try that one. 

I love their lipbalm base. 

On 10/20/2018 at 12:30 AM, Moonstar said:

Who's  TCS ? I have a base from Catalina,  hydrating ???? It's aloe based . It is hydrating but it's really tricky  to work with, for me anyhow 

if too much FO is added it gets sticky or maybe tacky is a better word. Not sure I'll order it again 

i noticed bulk apothecary has a base , I think I might  try that one. 

I love their lipbalm base. 

The Candlemaker's Store. I think I like it the best.  It doesn't leave that oily residue behind that some of the other bases do.  I guess that's the hydrating part, but I don't like it. 

• Thanks 1