Golden wax for tarts and melts

ScentedPleasurez

On 10/24/2018 at 12:55 AM, aptommo said:

Wow my 3D bears slid out like a dream too! I'm quite loving this wax!!

Hi @aptommo, your wax melts look great and I love the bear too. Sorry but I lost track of the wax you are using and the one you say you are loving. Which wax is it?

8 hours ago, Laura C said:

Hi @aptommo, your wax melts look great and I love the bear too. Sorry but I lost track of the wax you are using and the one you say you are loving. Which wax is it?

The wax I've been testing in this thread and the pics of my melts were all with the GW for Wax and Melts. :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay after much deliberation and testing various suppliers FO and molds I've come to the conclusion that the GW just frosts too much for me in dark colors. The first time I used it, I had success but even then with the bear mold it frosted a bit. Luckily the things I posted here you don't see the frosted parts so they turned out really nice. The macarons probably the best. I've had to glitter up hearts and other melts I didn't really want to because it covered this happening on the top that I wanted to display. 

I've purchased bulk of the EcoSoya PB instead of this because I went back and forth on my testing with them both and although the PB doesn't release quite as easily the overall end effect is better for me. There's virtually no frosting when poured at recommended temps and I think the HT may be a bit better as well. 

• Thanks 1