Rusty/Organge colored Tins

Some of the scents I use eat away at the tins and cause them to rust.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  I have tried 2 different tins and happened to both of them.  I know the easy solution is to just use Glass, which I do, but some of my sales are in tins.  I will probably just stop selling those scents in tins, but thought before that I would ask.

48 minutes ago, MilosCandles said:

Some of the scents I use eat away at the tins and cause them to rust.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  I have tried 2 different tins and happened to both of them.  I know the easy solution is to just use Glass, which I do, but some of my sales are in tins.  I will probably just stop selling those scents in tins, but thought before that I would ask.

I don't have experience making candles in tins but I have bought some candles in tins that ended up rusting. I wondered what had happened. Makes sense that some scents could have a chemical reaction with the tin after time.

I used the Candle Science Tins orginally, but found these to be a bit cheaper  - https://www.candlewic.com/store/product.aspx?q=c72,p808&title=-8-oz.-Tinplate-Candle-Tins

They get them from here - http://allstatecan.com/seamless-tins

I had problems with the Candle Science ones as well.  The worst one I have is the CS Sex on the Beach Scent, and I use GW444.

8 hours ago, runner14jc said:

I usually run into issues with tins if I'm using a high fragrance load with fragrances that have a lot of citruses, vanilla, or cinnamon in them

I had the rust in them too,mine happened to the high cinnamon vanilla and citrus as well. Cutting back on fo load worked for me. 

• Like 1