Marketing

MilosCandles

I am slowly starting to do more marketing.  Whether it is signs, Logo, Facebook, Instagram, Website.  I am interested in what others are doing and what is or is not working.  Always looking for the best ROI for some of these items.  I have used Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Etsy Advertising, along with regular posts on social media.

You may have noticed some other posts I made recently with more defined question.   I am always looking for new ideas, ways to spread the word. 

I think after the holidays I am going to explore some different ideas like "Sales Funnels" (If you are not sure what this is look up Click Funnels).  

I have a Mail Chimp list which is slowly growing, though I have not emailed anyone on it yet.

I thought about having a facebook "like" counter at my booth at times - https://www.smiirl.com/   Seems interesting, but a little pricey.  They have Apps I could also use for an ipad or something.

Always on the look out for a new idea.   I am happy to talk about some the things I have done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MilosCandles said:

I thought about having a facebook "like" counter at my booth at times - https://www.smiirl.com/   Seems interesting, but a little pricey.  They have Apps I could also use for an ipad or something.

That smiirl counter is kinda neat. Could be an attention getter for your booth at a craft fair/farmer market event.

• Like 1

Marketing. One of my favorite topics, no doubt. Actually, ANYTHING you do will work. If you think of it and can pay for it, do it. With one exception. I used to be in the the direct mail business. At one time, that was the way to go. But that media has gone the way of smoke signals and the telegraph. I'd stay away from postcards and letters, etc.

2 hours ago, Quentin said:

I used to be in the the direct mail business. At one time, that was the way to go. But that media has gone the way of smoke signals and the telegraph. I'd stay away from postcards and letters, etc.

Junk mail would make great ingredients for fire starters. 🔥 LOL 

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2018 at 3:53 PM, Laura C said:

Junk mail would make great ingredients for fire starters. 🔥 LOL 

Like I said, it WAS the way to go. Then along came a thing called the internet around 1994 and the rest is history.:lol:

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2018 at 2:25 PM, MilosCandles said:

I have used Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Etsy Advertising, along with regular posts on social media.

I'm curious. How well has Etsy worked for you? I think I set up a "store" with them but never stocked it.:lol:

• Haha 1

@Quentin In regards to etsy, I have a more unique product than most.  I know my tins and melts do not sell great on the site, so many people do basically the same thing.  I did lots of reading to figure out Etsy SEO, and how increase sales.

Short answer is I have over 150 items now listed and doing very well.  

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Regarding Marketing and Branding, this specifically relates to your marketing plan and the verbiage you use. Anyway, I came across this very interesting and eye-opening TED Talk video of Simon Sinek discussing his Golden Circle model.  https://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action?language=en#t-127374

• Like 1