Facebook Giveaways

MilosCandles

On 10/15/2018 at 2:01 PM, MilosCandles said:

Anyone do any facebook give aways to increase shares and followers?  

How do you do it?  Any 3rd party programs?

I found these to help but seem expensive for me.

https://woobox.com/

https://www.wishpond.com/

This is something I don't know much about but would want to learn more.

I have, but I didn’t use a 3rd party. I just created the post and bought a Facebook ad to promote it.  

Results were ok. I think the main issue was me choosing the audience. 

It it may be cheaper in the long run to hire someone who knows how to do that for you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedRoomGraduate said:

If you want to do a giveaway or contest, I'd go with Instagram instead of Facebook--make sure you look up and follow their rules for doing giveaways. That's where people are more and more instead of FB these days, and the better place for social selling. 

Thats what I’m afraid of. I’ve yet to explore twitter and instagram. I’ve put it off longer than I should have. 😩

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 10:51 AM, Quentin said:

I'm guessing that to do a Facebook giveaway, that I would first need to set up a page separate from my personal FB page that would be specifically for the candle business. Would that be correct?

Yes that is correct. I tried it though and it was awful. One lady won my prize and was too lazy to meet me to pick it up. I had sold her a purse before so she met me before. 

Another won and said she loves my melts. Can I get more she said? I told her she could buy some. She said she wants it free that she is broke. I gave up.

• Haha 1

There are rules and regulations for giveaways of any kind, including Facebook ones. 

I do not even want to meet people now to give them candles.  Order online and pay for the shipping.  When I wasn't as busy and just starting I was happy to meet someone or have them stop over.  But you start to run into people that expect MORE.  Now my time is more valuable cause I have less of it. 

The ultimate goal is a way to get people to Like, Follow and subscribe, so when I do post something I have an audience to connect with.

• Like 2

I’ve done giveaways on Instagram with mediocre success. And, when I say mediocre, I find a semi-successful influencer (~5,000-10,000 followers) willing to try my product, and then have THEM do the giveaway on my behalf. I get the new followers and brand exposure, and someone else does all the work (minus the work spent making the candle, of course).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StanfordP said:

I’ve done giveaways on Instagram with mediocre success. And, when I say mediocre, I find a semi-successful influencer (~5,000-10,000 followers) willing to try my product, and then have THEM do the giveaway on my behalf. I get the new followers and brand exposure, and someone else does all the work (minus the work spent making the candle, of course).

Where do you find your "influencers" and what do you say to them?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MilosCandles said:

Where do you find your "influencers" and what do you say to them?

Easiest way is to do a hashtag search for whatever you’re going for. Then message the person directly. I typically say something like, “Hey, I really like your feed and your photos are on-point. I make these candles, and I think you and your followers would like it. Can I send you a few samples to try and post, and if you like, let’s do a giveaway?” 

Early-stage influencers LOVE free stuff. There’s also a site online (something like influencermarketing.com) that let’s you lookup the “value” of influencer posts. I always do my research because some influencers try to get you to pay them for their posts. This site keeps their “demands” in check. For example, if I’m courting an influencer and they want me to pay them $200/post. I can go to this site and see that their posts are only worth $75, and use that as a strong negoitating point.