Christmas Fragrance for CP soaps

Barbara AL

I only do 1.  Applejack & Peel.   I carry a Cedar & Balsam & Cranberry Citrus that I carry all year round.  I just never had much luck selling holiday fragrances so stopped making them.  I have a pumpkin brulee I made 3 years ago and still have 6 of 16 bars. I tried Apple Cinnamon and no bueno.  I soap cupcakes with NG's Winter Garden and they sold well but I don't think they still sell it. A

I don't generally make Christmas soaps but have made a few in the past and these are the fragrances that worked well in CP and also sold well during the holidays:

Cedar Garland - Fillmore Container

Fragrant woodsy cedar blend reminds me of Christmas time but not your evergreen type. More woodsy cologne that both men and women like.

Dark Knight - FB, mixed 50/50 with Burberry for Men - PFO

Dark Knight is what I call Bay Rum on steriods. MW made the BEST bay rum and this version sold by FB is spot on. Burberry for Men is rich, mascaluine, and sexy with deep dark spice notes that blend perfectly with the bay rum. I thought this would attract only men but women love it too.

Purely Peppermint- Peaks

What can I say, peppermint, peppermint, peppermint! Just use sparingly or it can tingle sensitive skin. I use at no more than about 3% and tend to mix it with something that works well with peppermint, like eucalyptus EO. Or try a vanilla. The Chemistry Store carries a non-discoloring vanilla.

Rocky Mountain Christmas - Elements (Flickers)

Nice and strong in CP and scent holds fast. You would not believe how lovely your bathroom smells with a bar of soap made with this scent. Anyway its a nice evergreen that is mellowed with notes of woods and berries but still smells like a christmas tree. Flickers used to call it "Christmas Pines" and thats how I think of it. A lovely soft, sweet pine that is not a yucky pinesol type at all. Just a beautiful fragrance period!

Witches Brew - C&S mixed 50/50 with Honey L O'ccitaine - EBB

Who knew C&S had a great Witches Brew?!! Dark patchouli with notes of spice. Mellow it with the honey fragrance and you have a rich dark spicy patchouli with a lovely sweetness. Honey L O'ccitaine is a golden honey fragrance thats pure honey without the sharp honey comb or floral type notes of other cheap honey fragrances. Just rich golden honey that blends lovely with so many FOs.

On a side note, I currently make a beer soap with a blend of witches brew and orange FOs from C&S. Its my best selling beer soap and sells out at EVERY craft show I do. People can't get enough. I am also amazed a simple single note orange fragrance holds up well in CP without fading. I mix 60/40% orange with witches brew.

• Like 1