Die cutting machine

Daisymay66

It is a die cutting machine that works much like a printer. It’s easier to ask what it cannot do than what it can do with a little imagination.

I use it for just about anything from making custom paper cut outs for packaging to stencils to signage to t shirts/sweatshirts/tote bags to anything else.

Packaging

670DA976-5156-456C-BC32-010365B06C93.jpeg

6D9DDB33-3778-46E7-97F5-D527B26D11A3.jpeg

3-d birthday card

3065ED7F-47D0-4ABE-B331-A73709FD9C5B.jpeg

Fun occasion card/signs

0E099486-C0B1-4625-93FB-4D6515629959.jpeg

custom logo mold 

50FBD928-30C0-4B70-A192-610DA8307E27.jpeg

t-shirts

6A4DD0CD-C683-42FB-AE7C-48195EC52BC7.jpeg

this set of signs uses outdoor vinyl which is good for 6 years or more. 1FEAD56D-413A-43B0-8750-440A2CB00497.jpeg

Below is a wooden sign using outdoor weatherproof vinyl for a display. The “junk” part became a reusable stencil for more signs. 

274860A4-9E80-4DF8-8FFE-3E27603865FE.jpeg

I cut vinyl with it for t-shirts, retail packaging, wood signs, screen printing and such. 

Screen print stencil

844D61B9-82F0-445D-9AE5-B0269C7BD044.jpeg

The software that came with it th it allowed me to manipulate images easily to use in photoshop -which made the new logo for this forum. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is so weird!  I have a Cricut and for the life of me, I just could not get the hang of it.   It is an Explore One and I just put it on Ebay this morning!  And then I come here and see all the stuff TT does with her machine and I'm like....whaatt!  

4 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I want one of these, but we have a full size vinyl plotter so it's hard to justify.  I'd love to do balsa wood.  Maybe Santa will bring me one.

What is balsa wood?

23 hours ago, Belinda said:

I've been wanting one for the past three years and can't decide on a silhouette or a cricut. Most of my friends that have one use a silhouette and love it. Which one are you thinking about getting?

Well, my hubby bought something that is like the these except it was a whole lot more expensive. I think it can even cut tin. As well as Mylar and vinyl. I have no clue how to work it at all. It’s a commercial kind. I think it should probably be able to do the things TT showed also which is really neat. Thanks so much for sharing your pics! It was very helpful! 

You can buy different blades for this one. The deep cut blade I just picked up will cut balsa and cork.  Pretty sure there are settings for others. Won’t try tin, though, as I bet it will dull that teensy blade fast. 

Having a daughter in middle school gives loads of opportunities to play with it. I think I like it too much. 

• Like 2

I work at a school and there are a couple of people that have these and make spirit shirts and sell them. I want one SO bad but I know I won't even try to attempt to learn how to use it until school's out. But I think Santa might have to bring me one LOL! AND a heat press of course!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Belinda said:

I work at a school and there are a couple of people that have these and make spirit shirts and sell them. I want one SO bad but I know I won't even try to attempt to learn how to use it until school's out. But I think Santa might have to bring me one LOL! AND a heat press of course!

YOUR SO CUTE!!!!! ;) 

• Haha 1

I got a Cricut Explore 2 last year on Thanksgiving evening at Michael's.  I've not used it myself but my daughter uses mine and hers all the time.  She's made signage for me, t-shirts, iron on monograms for small burlap bags for wedding favors (soap inside), party picks & banners.   I just don't have the time or patience to learn to use it myself.  But they both get a lot of use. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Santa brought me a silhouette for Christmas! I don't know when I'll have time to learn to use it though, hopefully this summer. I'm excited to learn all the neat things that can be done with one of these machines. I hope this one is user friendly because I am NOT tech savvy at all! LOL!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It is really a very useful tool for cutting out delicate shapes from paper, canvas, and other materials. By die cutting, you can create amazing intricate cuts that you wouldn't normally be able to make with scissors or craft knives. One of my favorites and I would recommend it to everyone is Cricut Maker

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been having lots of trouble with printing my labels for the perfume I make.  So, was hoping to buy a Cricut machine in order to help me out!!!  Found one for a REALLY good price!!!  Just don't like the thought though of having to register it in order to be able to use it...