Melting wax & then melting more wax in the same melting pot

I feel that this is a stupid question but I've only been making candles for a month now and I just want to make sure cause I honestly don't know.  Ok, up until now I've been making 3 8oz. candle tins at a time.  That's 1 lb. of soy wax I'm using for that.  Now I've got friends who want some candles of different scents and I have to make them all in one night or I won't get it to them on time.  So my question is, if I melt my soy wax and make 3 candles; can I then not clean out the melting pot and just pour in another pound of soy wax flakes and just melt away or should I first clean out the pot even though I'm using the exact same wax?  

Also, is the left over wax okay to use with the next batch as long as it didn't have time to cool to a solid again? Or can I just remelt the cooled off wax with the next batch of the same wax?

Thank you so much for your help! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! 

Are you asking if you can re-melt scented wax? I re-melt  unscented wax in the presto pot all the time.  Don't see why it would be any different in the pour pot.  If you are putting scent in the pour pot I would definitely clean out with each new scent..  On another note: I'm wondering how you get 3- 8 ounce tins out of 16 ounces of wax?

There’s probably very little left in the pot to worry over. Usually a quick heat gun then Paper towel gets things clean enough if you’re worried.

If you can plan your batches so that the scents kinda go together in some sort of order it works out pretty well. Like don’t start a session with nag champa as it will likely carry a bit over to the next scent. 

ETA I read it as make 3 candles with one lb of wax. After pouring, measure in another lb of wax, melt, scent, pour, etc. if that’s wrong my answer might change, but probably not.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably a little late to the party here....but I put the total amount of wax in my large melt pot, then pour the required amount of melted wax for 3 candles into a large measuring cup.,.tare it to 0 and add the fragrance.  Then I pour the required amount for another 3 candles into another measuring cup, and do it all over.  If you need more melted wax, just keep adding it to the melting pot, since there is no scent in that. Let the large measuring cups full of scented wax cool, the pour.