Re-using empty Cool Whip containers?

Darbla

I have a ton and am trying to come up with a good use for them.  Storage of small items is an obvious use, and I already took a bunch to the local dog shelter.  I may drill holes in the bottoms and use them for container gardening with herbs on my back porch.  Are there any other good purposes or crafts I could put these to?

Pinterest always has some great ideas. 

My in-laws always have those containers handy. After holiday dinners everyone gets containers filled with left overs to take home. I never thought about going fancy-I always throw them into recycling. 

DF31D878-E526-487F-A167-CA2A38D783D7.png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I saw an idea to paint the outside of the containers, glue a bow on the lid, and write "Merry Christmas!" on the lid (I may use metallic paint).  I may try that and fill them with cookies for the office guys.  I'm making fire starters for the girls.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Darbla said:

I saw an idea to paint the outside of the containers, glue a bow on the lid, and write "Merry Christmas!" on the lid (I may use metallic paint).  I may try that and fill them with cookies for the office guys.  I'm making fire starters for the girls.

I was just thinking of the same thing. Recycling them as christmas cookie gift containers. They are the perfect size for it!

I reuse them for leftovers like soups, salads, meatballs, etc. I also buy pound cakes, cut them up into bit size pieces and freeze them. Then I take out a few bites at a time for snacking. My pound cake bites can stay in the freezer long enough for me to finish the whole cake. If you do that thou first put the bites in saran wrap or a freezer bag then put the bag in the container so they stay fresh.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1