How many Christmas scents?

Daisymay66

8 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Nooo I Thank you on that lol. I'll give u my share haha. I'm the only one in my entire family that will not eat seafood,fish,shellfish. I will eat an air sammich before I touch that lol

I was always in the country until I was a teenager, but later on I went to stay a couple nights with my friends grandmother. About 2 am I thought somebody was breaking into the house, I jumped up and took off running with a baseball bat....... (prepare to laugh even cry) it was a huge turkey hitting at the window. I about to pee myself and maybe something else. 😂😂😂 and grandma well she laughed and just said its okay baby lolol,of course she told my friend the story and others and they laughed and laughed. 

O m g we are way off topic 😂😂

Lol, lol

Trappeur

• Haha 1

Good idea candybee. We have found as far as seasonal scents are concerned sometimes less is better. It's kind of funny, but sometimes the more choices a customer has, the less of a chance you have of them making  a purchase. It's called "choice overload" (google it). I can't tell you how many people have come up to our table at fairs and sniffed all the candles...loving all of them. Then say "oh my God, I can't decide...I'll be back". We cut back on how many different scents we bring to fairs and sales have increased. Some people suffer from paralysis when forced to make a buying decision and don't end up buying at all.

• Like 4

One funny thread!!  I used to offer a bunch like 15-20, now I'm down to 3 or 4, a basic Pine, Christmas Hearth and then whatever I have left from last year or I try a couple new ones.  I personally like Joyous Noel (they spell it different) from the Candle Source.  This year I may only offer 2 since I'm not buying fo anymore. (yeah, yeah, I know I'll hop on the next sale)

• Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 9:35 AM, Ray said:

Good idea candybee. We have found as far as seasonal scents are concerned sometimes less is better. It's kind of funny, but sometimes the more choices a customer has, the less of a chance you have of them making  a purchase. It's called "choice overload" (google it). I can't tell you how many people have come up to our table at fairs and sniffed all the candles...loving all of them. Then say "oh my God, I can't decide...I'll be back". We cut back on how many different scents we bring to fairs and sales have increased. Some people suffer from paralysis when forced to make a buying decision and don't end up buying at all.

I totally have thought this. You proved it! :) 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 10:13 AM, kandlekrazy said:

One funny thread!!  I used to offer a bunch like 15-20, now I'm down to 3 or 4, a basic Pine, Christmas Hearth and then whatever I have left from last year or I try a couple new ones.  I personally like Joyous Noel (they spell it different) from the Candle Source.  This year I may only offer 2 since I'm not buying fo anymore. (yeah, yeah, I know I'll hop on the next sale)

It’s so crazy how everyone’s nose are different. I ordered this  a couple years ago and thought it smelled like body odor really bad and through my entire bottle away LOL

Edited by Daisymay66

9 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

It’s so crazy how everyone’s nose are different. I ordered this  a couple years ago and thought it smelled like body odor really bad and through my entire bottle away LOL

Ha!  Funny, mine probably does by now.  But OOB is entirely different than in wax.

On 10/18/2018 at 10:35 AM, Ray said:

I find the same to be true and that's why I try to put a limit on my scent offerings. I am down to 12 fall scents and 6 christmas scents. I have found that when I cut back on choices my sales definitely increased. So go ahead and have  choices just put a cap on them so you don't overdo it.

Speaking of scent choices, no matter what you offer there will always be that someone who wants one you don't carry. That does not mean you should run out and buy that fragrance and make more candles. Stick to what you planned for. Listen to your customers and if you are getting several requests for a particular scent then you may want to consider adding it. Just don't go out of your way to start making a bunch of candles just one person asked for. You will end up with a bunch of candles no one buys! Ask me how I know this. LOL

• Like 4

On 10/20/2018 at 11:30 AM, Jenni Wix said:

I recently got Fir forest from FB.  Its not my cup of tea OOB, but the SO likes it.  Still looking for a sweeter, more gentle  tree scent though.  I'm all about the bakery stuff.  

Hmmm... Have you tried CS Blue Spruce?  How about Fillmore Christmas Tree?  They are both nice Christmas scents.  Well the Fillmore CT smells more like Balsam and the Blue Spruce is definitely sweeter to my nose.  But I also really like 'Tis The Season as it is a Berry, Christmas Tree & Vanilla kind of scent.  I really like it!  And think you will if you like the more bakery type scents.   Anyways... HTH!  

• Like 1

Thanks @Marleigha.  I've thought about Fillmore's Christmas Tree but I wasn't very sure about it being phthalate free on their SDS.  I will definitely be looking into that Blue Spruce.  I've liked a few "Christmas tree candles I've smelled, even though many coniferous family fragrances can give me trouble.  I do like bakery scents the most.  I like "natural" ones too, but I tend to be pickier about those.  

While I'm at it, I'm looking for a fresh and I guess a little sweet green scent for green leaves/trees/nature in general too. Open to everyone's thoughts.  

On 10/18/2018 at 9:35 AM, Ray said:

I have heard of that. That's why for local people I'm not doing many choices at once. Doing eBay too where lots of people will buy. Wont put all choices in same listing. Amazon is way too expensive I tried it. I don't like Pines, nature, flowers that much, and know some people love them lol so want to have everything. I make then sell so it will take awhile to have too many choices. Last week I made 850 wax melts. Then I bagged them this week. 34 different scents. I have people  asking for almost 20 different scents lately. Now in person I would only do about 50. Candles by Victoria has over 1000 scents and she rakes in the money. I wish I had her website. It is gorgeous. Never tried her stuff.

Edited by ShelleyF
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 11:13 AM, kandlekrazy said:

lol

Trappeur

• Like 1