Jump to content
Daisymay66

How many Christmas scents?

Recommended Posts

I just do whatever I feel like each year.  So far, I have 9 scents I'm using this year, and 3 of my fall scents will also be offered through the end of the year.  I'm doing nothing but layered palm candles, and each candle will have 2 scents.  Altogether I'm only offering 6 different candles for Christmas.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been wanting to get the fragrance addiction under control for a very long time! I know it’s impossible to make money when you are constantly buying more and more oils. I know I have 200 maybe even more. My daughter came home from college a couple weeks ago and helped me go thru them all. This was NOT an easy job when you are a FO! 

We narrowed it down to 41 scents. It was not an easy task to say the least. Thinking I would rather have a cavity filled without Novocain! Um..yeah I definitely would... than get rid of my oils!  I no longer find it exciting to go all my websites. Even here is a struggle cause the FO section was my favorite topic but now it’s not :( 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

I have been wanting to get the fragrance addiction under control for a very long time! I know it’s impossible to make money when you are constantly buying more and more oils. I know I have 200 maybe even more. My daughter came home from college a couple weeks ago and helped me go thru them all. This was NOT an easy job when you are a FO! 

We narrowed it down to 41 scents. It was not an easy task to say the least. Thinking I would rather have a cavity filled without Novocain! Um..yeah I definitely would... than get rid of my oils!  I no longer find it exciting to go all my websites. Even here is a struggle cause the FO section was my favorite topic but now it’s not :( 

 

I'm not counting mine....LOL. If I did, I might realize I have a problem.  I wanted to add more fall/winter scents this year, but I reined myself in because my cabinet is overflowing.  Which was all good until I got so tired of pouring the fall/winter stuff that I dug out some spring/summer samples.  I enjoyed that so much I had to order a few new summer scents.  It's a viscous cycle.


 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, lol

I hear ya BF......

 

I'm not counting mine either....

 

Trappeur

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bfroberts said:

 

I'm not counting mine....LOL. If I did, I might realize I have a problem.  I wanted to add more fall/winter scents this year, but I reined myself in because my cabinet is overflowing.  Which was all good until I got so tired of pouring the fall/winter stuff that I dug out some spring/summer samples.  I enjoyed that so much I had to order a few new summer scents.  It's a viscous cycle.


 

 

14 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

lol, lol

I hear ya BF......

 

I'm not counting mine either....

 

Trappeur

I did that same thing for the last 13 years. Unfortunately my hubby has had to build me 4 huge cupboards :( I was/am finally to the point of I had no choice. Hubby built me a brand new shop that is 4 times bigger than what I did have. I somehow have that all filled up and it’s only been about a year. EEKS!!!! I am out of a few oils so at 1st I thought OH YAY! What new oils should I try?? And then it was OH CRAP! I can’t get any :( :( :( :( 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 1:24 AM, Daisymay66 said:

We narrowed it down to 41 scents. It was not an easy task to say the least. Thinking I would rather have a cavity filled without Novocain! Um..yeah I definitely would... than get rid of my oils! 

Hi @Daisymay66. When you said you got rid of some of your fragrance oils, did you throw them out or use them in candles and sell them? Just curious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daisymay66 said:

I think I will try to use up all the oils that I have and when they are gone there gone. It’s quite a huge amount of oils.

I listed a bunch on ebay as FO lots. They all sold in 2 days. Now I'm looking at a few more new scents that are on sale ........

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only have 8 different scents for Christmas.

Mistletoe, snow angel, snow capped mountain,holiday gathering,Christmas cheer,spiked eggnog,reindeer snacks, cranberry orange chutney.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I listed a bunch on ebay as FO lots. They all sold in 2 days. Now I'm looking at a few more new scents that are on sale ........

Lol I wonder if I bought it from you. I just bought some on eBay recently.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I listed a bunch on ebay as FO lots. They all sold in 2 days. Now I'm looking at a few more new scents that are on sale ........

Lol the struggle is real. I just bought more. Brand new Crafters Choice and WSP, Rustic Essentials.Couldnt pass it up. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

Lol the struggle is real. I just bought more. Brand new Crafters Choice and WSP, Rustic Essentials.Couldnt pass it up. 

What did u get from re? I see that they have a few on sale. The berry Bundt cake and steel reserve I have in my cart atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

What did u get from re? I see that they have a few on sale. The berry Bundt cake and steel reserve I have in my cart atm

 

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

What did u get from re? I see that they have a few on sale. The berry Bundt cake and steel reserve I have in my cart atm

I bought from a lady last night. Those  sound good. I love RE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Idk lol 2 orders went to md

No I'm in TN. I'm surprised I didn't see you fragrances on there. I look on there a few times every day. Just curious was it a lot of stuff lol

 

3 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I only have 8 different scents for Christmas.

Mistletoe, snow angel, snow capped mountain,holiday gathering,Christmas cheer,spiked eggnog,reindeer snacks, cranberry orange chutney.

I have all of those except Reindeer Snacks and Cranberry Orange Chutney. I have one called Reindeer Poo lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I have all of those except Reindeer Snacks and Cranberry Orange Chutney. I have one called Reindeer Poo lol

Those are blends of mine. I mixed them up years ago,figured I'd give them a go again.

I had around 20 bottles of fo that I listed. They were not up very long

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Which part of tn? I have family in Shelbyville. That place has NOTHING there

Are you serious??? I am in Shelbyville. You know where Blue Ribbon Pkwy is? We finally got a Popeyes chicken Monday. I am from New Orleans so that is my style of food. 

That is crazy. It is a very small world. Do they make wax melts too? So now you know why I have to go online. This place is so small. We are just now getting a Dunkin Donuts lol soon. Hardly any grocery stores either. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

Are you serious??? I am in Shelbyville. You know where Blue Ribbon Pkwy is? We finally got a Popeyes chicken Monday. I am from New Orleans so that is my style of food. 

That is crazy. It is a very small world. Do they make wax melts too? So now you know why I have to go online. This place is so small. We are just now getting a Dunkin Donuts lol soon. Hardly any grocery stores either. 

L o l! I haven't been there in several years. The biggest thing there was Wal-Mart 😂😂😂  I love Popeyes chicken. 

We had to pick up a couple things and my sister in law took me to Wal-Mart and was like "Well you have seen the entire town now"😂😂😂

 

Edited by ScentedPleasurez
Typp
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

Do they make wax melts too

No they arent very crafty. I believe my niece experiments on making perfumes but not to interested in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

L o l! I haven't been there in several years. The biggest thing there was Wal-Mart 😂😂😂  I love Popeyes chicken. 

We had to pick up a couple things and my sister in law took me to Wal-Mart and was like "Well you have seen the entire town now"😂😂😂

 

It is true Walmart is the main attraction sadly lol I am from aNew Orleans so it is so different but I hate big towns. I just miss the food. And sitting on the dock of the bayou. Nothing like a crawfish boil and sucking the Crawfish heads lol never realized how gross it looks to someone that never saw it. Lol been doing that since I was 2 years old. That is where a ton of flavor is. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

just miss the food. And sitting on the dock of the bayou. Nothing like a crawfish boil and sucking the Crawfish heads lol never realized how gross it looks to someone that never saw it. Lol been doing that since I was 2 years old. That is where a ton of flavor is. 

Nooo I Thank you on that lol. I'll give u my share haha. I'm the only one in my entire family that will not eat seafood,fish,shellfish. I will eat an air sammich before I touch that lol

I was always in the country until I was a teenager, but later on I went to stay a couple nights with my friends grandmother. About 2 am I thought somebody was breaking into the house, I jumped up and took off running with a baseball bat....... (prepare to laugh even cry) it was a huge turkey hitting at the window. I about to pee myself and maybe something else. 😂😂😂 and grandma well she laughed and just said its okay baby lolol,of course she told my friend the story and others and they laughed and laughed. 

O m g we are way off topic 😂😂

Edited by ScentedPleasurez
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Nooo I Thank you on that lol. I'll give u my share haha. I'm the only one in my entire family that will not eat seafood,fish,shellfish. I will eat an air sammich before I touch that lol

I was always in the country until I was a teenager, but later on I went to stay a couple nights with my friends grandmother. About 2 am I thought somebody was breaking into the house, I jumped up and took off running with a baseball bat....... (prepare to laugh even cry) it was a huge turkey hitting at the window. I about to pee myself and maybe something else. 😂😂😂 and grandma well she laughed and just said its okay baby lolol,of course she told my friend the story and others and they laughed and laughed. 

O m g we are way off topic 😂😂

That is hilarious lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×