Revising My Process

I changed my process yesterday while pouring some tins. When I’m doing one off candles I weigh my FO in a small beaker and mix in a larger beaker. Between the FO and the beaker the temp of the mixture was dropping below 180 before stirring. So I turned the oven on to 220 and heated the beakers before using them. I cut a strip off of a silicone hot pad to handle the hot glass. After that there was only a small temp drop when poured the wax into the beaker. I stirred vigorously for 90 seconds; I don’t worry about bubbles in my tins, and pour as soon as I’m finished stirring. I have been concerned about the HT in my last batchs of tins, and I’m hoping this will help the situation. I guess I’ll find out in two weeks.   

• Like 2

Why?    Well, I don't use tins for myself personally....but I have store accounts that sell them and they are big sellers.....there is a calling for them, they are small, easily priced, people love them!    They are a quick candle for me to make and I can make tons of them and fast and turn a profit then I really don't care as long as it puts money in my pocket..that's the name of the game for me.   There is something for everyone out there and this is one container I don't mind doing what so ever.

Trappeur:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pam W said:

Boy, I'm having a real brain-fart here.  I really have no understanding on why anyone wants to pour tins...but that's just me

lots of $

they feed my family and farm year round,  it’s good enough for me.

17 hours ago, Pam W said:

Boy, I'm having a real brain-fart here.  I really have no understanding on why anyone wants to pour tins...but that's just me

Because I bought them before I knew what I was doing, so I have them, and I know the wicking for them. Most of my extended family likes wicks, but they'll take what I give them.