C&S Gingerbread Applesauce

Moonstar

No-- haven't tried that one. I do use a few from C&S and think they have some hidden gems when it comes to FOs. But with them you have to be prepared for a lot of misses before you find the really good ones. That's my opinion anyway. But the ones that are good are ones that I stick with from year to year.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Candybee said:

they have some hidden gems when it comes to FOs. But with them you have to be prepared for a lot of misses before you find the really good ones. 

Totally agree, I marked them off my list of suppliers. The last fo that I got from them i wasn't impressed at all. They had a few good ones that was on their "scent special' list. Had way more misses though. 

• Like 2

On 10/16/2018 at 8:10 PM, Candybee said:

No-- haven't tried that one. I do use a few from C&S and think they have some hidden gems when it comes to FOs. But with them you have to be prepared for a lot of misses before you find the really good ones. That's my opinion anyway. But the ones that are good are ones that I stick with from year to year.

Well I ordered the Gingerbread Applesauce and its just ok OOB . I smell more apple than gingerbread. Which are their hidden gems ? 

On 10/16/2018 at 9:32 PM, ShelleyF said:

I don't order from them. Out of all the fragrances I have so only have 4 bottles from them. I buy a lot of destash so that tells you nobody hardly likes them lol

LOL ! Yeah , the Gingerbread Applesauce wasn't too impressed with  :( Have you by chance tried Crounut from Lonestar ? 

6 hours ago, Moonstar said:

LOL ! Yeah , the Gingerbread Applesauce wasn't too impressed with  :( Have you by chance tried Crounut from Lonestar ? 

No I haven't. You would think I would have by now. I buy a lot of destashes. What is it? A doughnut kind? 

On 10/19/2018 at 8:10 AM, Moonstar said:

Yeah, its a donut scent. Ive heard positive reviews in other groups .

I didn't see it on their website. I will check again. If I can get it in a destash I will buy it and send it to you. I'm not too impressed with doughnut ones. People love cider donut and I hate it. Only had a little bit of it and got rid of it. 

18 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Amber sensual and cream brulee threw nicely. Warm vanilla sugar as well. Those are the only 3 that I can even think of. 

If you ever get Crème Brulee from BC you will be blown away. I wonder if it's just as good lol I have BC and it throws like crazy. Mix it with coffee and make a Frappe lol that's what I do. 

On 10/20/2018 at 9:37 AM, ShelleyF said:

If you ever get Crème Brulee from BC you will be blown away. I wonder if it's just as good lol I have BC and it throws like crazy. Mix it with coffee and make a Frappe lol that's what I do. 

Is that Bitter Creek ? May I ask what wax your using ? I make melts + have been using a blend of 4626 -4630 & 464. Thanks !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Is that Bitter Creek ? May I ask what wax your using ? I make melts + have been using a blend of 4626 -4630 & 464. Thanks !

Yes it is Bitter Creek:) I have made melts with 464 with a tablespoon of coconut oil. I also tried it with just 464. I made it with 4627 by itself. This stuff is heavenly. I buy destashes a lot and had bought a lot of soy, 464,415,444, CB-135 and then beeswax.paraffin  4627, 4630. So I've been experimenting lol I love 4627 the best. It is the Cadillac of waxes, to me. The cold and hot throw is out of this world.Very messy but so worth it. I hate soy but some people love it. I love how easy it is to melt but hate long cures. Forcing myself to make it and cure it. After I run out I'm going to just 4627. I make melts but no candles. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2018 at 4:22 PM, ShelleyF said:

Yes it is Bitter Creek:) I have made melts with 464 with a tablespoon of coconut oil. I also tried it with just 464. I made it with 4627 by itself. This stuff is heavenly. I buy destashes a lot and had bought a lot of soy, 464,415,444, CB-135 and then beeswax.paraffin  4627, 4630. So I've been experimenting lol I love 4627 the best. It is the Cadillac of waxes, to me. The cold and hot throw is out of this world.Very messy but so worth it. I hate soy but some people love it. I love how easy it is to melt but hate long cures. Forcing myself to make it and cure it. After I run out I'm going to just 4627. I make melts but no candles. 

Thank you 😊 so what's a good ratio to blend with coffee FO ?

i think your the one that suggested mixing the two ? If you what's the result of mixing those 2 FO ?

i use WSP espresso. It's so good!

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 9:37 AM, ShelleyF said:

I have had it from bc and I have liked all that I've ever purchased from them. 😂 

I've been trying to expand out of my.box and try scents that I normally wouldn't. Since the topic was c&s those were the only ones I could think of that had a good throw

• Like 2

On 10/23/2018 at 4:22 PM, ShelleyF said:

Very messy but so worth it. I hate soy but some people love it. I love how easy it is to melt but hate long cures. Forcing myself to make it and cure it. After I run out I'm going to just 4627. I make melts but no candles. 

To avoid the mess I cut the bag up the sides and put it in my warmer roll the plastic up as far as I can and let it melt, then just pull the bag out. Very little mess or waste. My order came yesterday and I thought of another idea. Will know results tomorrow

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I have had it from bc and I have liked all that I've ever purchased from them. 😂 

I've been trying to expand out of my.box and try scents that I normally wouldn't. Since the topic was c&s those were the only ones I could think of that had a good throw

Whats a Frappe lol ! lol ! I use WSP expresso , what ratio do you use when you mix BC creme brûlée + coffee. Im thinking the creme brûlée can easily overpower ?

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Whats a Frappe lol ! lol ! I use WSP expresso , what ratio do you use when you mix BC creme brûlée + coffee. Im thinking the creme brûlée can easily overpower ?

Like a frappuchino from Starbucks I'm thinking. I have never mixed those 2 but I'm thinking the coffee should be a bit more than the creme brulee. Maybe 60-40 ?? I guess it would depend on how strong the coffee fo is.

I mixed maple and panna cotta with coffee. I call it maple macchiato.

7 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

To avoid the mess I cut the bag up the sides and put it in my warmer roll the plastic up as far as I can and let it melt, then just pull the bag out. Very little mess or waste. My order came yesterday and I thought of another idea. Will know results tomorrow

That is a great idea. I just don't have a melter. I use prestos. I wish I had a melter.

7 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Thank you 😊 so what's a good ratio to blend with coffee FO ?

i think your the one that suggested mixing the two ? If you what's the result of mixing those 2 FO ?

i use WSP espresso. It's so good!

I don't have WSP Expresso but wish I did since you say  it's great. I mix 60 coffee with 35 creme brulee. They are both strong. Then add 5 percent french vanilla for the "cream" effect lol 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

That is a great idea. I just don't have a melter. I use prestos. I wish I had a melter.

I do not have one of those expensive melters. I have an electric roaster. The ones that walmart will have on sale for $25 They have some now for $35. I have 2 of them and thinking about getting a third for my wax tart blend only

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

I don't have WSP Expresso but wish I did since you say  it's great. I mix 60 coffee with 35 creme brulee. They are both strong. Then add 5 percent french vanilla for the "cream" effect lol 

Wow that sounds awesome ! Who has a good french vanilla ? WSP Espresso really is good , you should give it a try :) I have BC Creme Brûlée in my cart and was also thinking 

of adding blueberry muffin ? Their Butter Rum allspice is good as is their Spiced Cranberry 

37 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Wow that sounds awesome ! Who has a good french vanilla ? WSP Espresso really is good , you should give it a try :) I have BC Creme Brûlée in my cart and was also thinking 

of adding blueberry muffin ? Their Butter Rum allspice is good as is their Spiced Cranberry 

It is Just Scent. Not very strong but good for mixing. It smells really good. I find all vanilla bland but  lot of people love them.

Yes get the Blueberry Muffins lol I have it and it is strong and amazing. Never had the Butter Rum Allspice but sounds good. I love spices.I have the Spiced Cranberry too and it is great but the Blueberry is out of this world. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Thanks 1