Soy vs Paraffin

• 2 weeks later...

From my experience I find some fragrances throw better in some waxes than others. I mean this in a very very general way as there are always exceptions.

Having said that I mean in a very general way soy seems to be the perfect wax for bakery types, while paraffin is outstanding for fruity and floral types. Currently I use palm and just about everything in palm throws well with a few exceptions but spice, ambers, woods, evergreen, and resin types seem to be best. JMO:)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 2:37 PM, kizzy said:

Ive noticed fragrances smell a little richer or creamier in soy wax vs paraffin. Has anyone noticed the same thing?

I have never poured a soy wax candle..........so I can not respond to this question,....................

• 2 months later...

I'm a little late to this conversation, but what the hey?

Like @Candybee says, different waxes will have different strengths with different fragrances. I generally have a poor HT with paraffin when compared to soy, but one of the main reasons I use paraffin is because of the bright colors you can get.

My paraffin candles are usually animals and such, so the cold throw is more important on those. But if I want a good hot throw I have to have some soy.