GW 444 and cold and hot throw issue

Hi All

I have been making candles for sometime now. I am having issue with cold and hot throw. Some of the soy candle gives medium hot throw whereas some are giving no hot throw at all. 

2 wick jar candles

I add FO at 150 F to 180 F.

Pour temperature is 110 to 120 F

I let it cure for one week or more before testing the candle. 

Please advise.

Hi ... you might try adding your f/o at the high end of your 150-180dF.  I add my scent at about 170 and pour at about 130-140, lightly stirring once again prior to pouring.  If you could let us know the diameter of your jar and the type and size wicks you're using, that would be helpful too.  Also, what % f/o, what scent/supplier?

I am using libbey 15 oz and 22 oz container right this time with 3 wick. I have also made my test candle in ball jar 8 oz pint size in 2 wick. I do not know what type of cotton wick to use but i have used ericX brand.

https://www.target.com/p/ball-4ct-8oz-collection-elite-glass-mason-jar-with-lid-and-band-wide-mouth/-/A-12911515

I hate to say it, but 444 has had more misses than hit for the last few years.  Two cases I have dated from  11/17 wick very easily and throw amazingly well. Two cases from 12/17 don’t burn well or throw at all. Cracking and cavities ave also increased in frequency. Same containers. Same wicks. Same bottles of fo. They are like 2 entirely different waxes. 

Quite a few of us have had had issues with GB waxes since early 2017. Several threads have discussed similar frustration with G (now AAK/AKO soy). Sale of the company followed by movement of production of those waxes moved to Central America coincided with the start of the changes, 

I tried to work with that wax and eventually gave up.  Sorry, I know some have success with it but I had very little.  Guess it depends on the level of frustration you are at with it.  I'd look for a different wax that was available in your area even try 464.   All soy has issues but that one almost made me jump off the pier with cement boots.  I'm glad I switched and tried other waxes.