Moisture in C3

Anyone else having this problem? When I leave the lid on my melter, the condensation is really bad. Of course I started taking it off, but I've ruined so much wax already. I've been heating it above 200 just to get the moisture out. Such a pain!

It's a direct heat. I had my husband to fill it up and when to get started, I heard popping, so after investigating I noticed small droplets of water in the empty bag. Pretty sure that's where it came from.

I've  not been using the lid at all since this started.

C3 is new to me, I've used 435 for years, but it's been discontinued. I tested several waxes and decided on the c3 because I had great results when I tested. Now that I have a full pallet, not much.

Just wondering who might have problematic batches of C3 so that I know where not to order from. I've been working with it in blends and was hoping to continue testing, but if C3 is now having issues... back to testing non-soy blends.

Lordy just what we need.... more soy problems.  

The cases of C3 i bought in late August from Fillmore seemed damper than prior, but ended up working ok. Have been leaving all soy cases open for as long as possible before using out of habit. The flakes need to feel crunchy before they seem “right”.

like you @Kerven these alternative waxes still seem like the better long term direction.

• Like 1

I have 3 cases opened now, hoping that will help. They definitely  don't feel crunchy, more soft and pliable.

It has gotten better as long as I leave the lid off. It seems like I have more problems when I get to the bottom of the case. 

I can't seem to stop the sink holes either. I've tried pouring at every temperature from 170 to 110, in 5 degree increments.

Do you think the moisture is causing this?

On 10/6/2018 at 9:59 PM, LanaH said:

I have 3 cases opened now, hoping that will help. They definitely  don't feel crunchy, more soft and pliable.

It has gotten better as long as I leave the lid off. It seems like I have more problems when I get to the bottom of the case. 

I can't seem to stop the sink holes either. I've tried pouring at every temperature from 170 to 110, in 5 degree increments.

Do you think the moisture is causing this?

Have you read this thread?

• Like 1