Is my wax old fashion?

Candles and Supplies list 6006 as “IGI 6006 Vintage Container Hybrid Blend”. Why is it vintage? Is there some new, state of the art wax I should be using? If I get a new wax and start testing now I should be finished by sometime next summer.

• Haha 3

The fact that is says vintage means it's been around at least 25 years which means they did something right.  All these reformulations drive me bonkers, just about the time you get it down they change it.  If you are happy with it, I would only look to change if they decide they are discontinuing the wax at some point.

• Like 2

My wax is "old fashioned". There is enough of us still using the wax that it is still being manufactured, however I rarely hear of anyone using the wax I do anymore. And you know what? I don't even care. I like it, I have my testing down to a tee, and make a great candle with this "old fashioned/vintage" wax. So people/suppliers can call it whatever they want as long as they keep making it. :)

• Like 3

And here I thought that meant if you were pouring in a vintage containers, then this is the wax you need.   If you are pouring in modern containers, use a modern wax, you know, for the right wax look.  I am easily confused.

• Like 2