HALP! Mold making materials

Sponiebr

Ok! So I'm "stuck" doing MORE sword restorations... I've really gotta work on my "boundaries" but HEY! I'm getting paid in SWORDS so... yeah! (don't JUDGE me! :o )  

I happen to be in the rare case with one of these sword where I actually have ALL of the bits and pieces unmounted, which means I can make copies of them with mold making material! 

I know copyrights and plagiarism is a hot topic, so so let's hash that out right now.

These are restorations so I have no issues with "copying" the patterns because the different pommels, quillions, and scabbard mounts, chapes, and footes crests, will be used to make or repair the same swords they belong to and (most importantly) THAT AREN'T MANUFACTURED ANYMORE, BY ANYONE, ANYWHERE.

SO! Having gotten that out of the way, what's your favorite mold making material to produce extremely high detail copies? If even all that I get are master specimens of each type I'd be thrilled. 

Anywho all y'all's help is appreciated!

Slainte, 

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TallTayl said:

RTV silicone

Any particular kind or brand you prefer? Or should I just do the cornstarch and food coloring thing with the type I clear caulk?  

BTW... WHY DO we use cornstarch in that mess instead of gypsum or Plaster of Paris? I may need to play with that concept. 

DANKE!