Favorite wax for melts

ScentedPleasurez

43 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I go searching around fb and I found 1 post that is recent for 2 bottles of fo from ng. They want 30 bucks for  6 oz and 1 oz 😂😂😂

Lol at least you found a listing for oils . I never find oils local . I just stay with the suppliers kwim. Be ready for lots of Great Black Friday sales arriving soon. Many will have some bargains .

• Like 2

Just now, katmeltswax said:

Lol at least you found a listing for oils . I never find oils local . I just stay with the suppliers kwim. Be ready for lots of Great Black Friday sales arriving soon. Many will have some bargains .

I laughed when I seen that post. I was like o m goodness I gotta tell y'all I found one 😂😂😂

Yes! I have carts pending with all my main ones just waiting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

The most I paid for my mold was 7.50. They generally last a long time or supposed to.

I paid more for shipping then what I did for the other molds but my money was returned because the shipment is mia... 

The molds I'm talking about they are just silicone and nothing special. Some go for $10-100 each. Then some other molds called Nordicware I think lol they want $90-150 each for them. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Spelling
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I laughed when I seen that post. I was like o m goodness I gotta tell y'all I found one 😂😂😂

Yes! I have carts pending with all my main ones just waiting. 

Lol have fun. I love fragrance mail.

• Haha 1

If u go to ebay and look you can order from China for a buck or 2 a mold. But if u need it now us stores cost more.  

I don't need any but that is cheap. I had heard though that you aren't protected if they send junk. I do know if that's true but heard that.

Just now, ShelleyF said:

The molds I'm talking about they are just silicon and nothing special. Some go for $10-100 each. Then some other molds called nordicware I think lol they want $90-150 each for them. 

I have silicone ones the mooncake Celtic or love knot. I c r. 3x3 each and makes 6 per mold. Then I also have the waffle and mini waffle and I purchased 2 mini tart pans at am. Don't get the wilting ones in with the candy melts and things. They were 10 bucks. I got the ones from the bake section for u bucks. Same pan. And I got several cookie sheet pans from dollar tree to make my chunks. 

The wax plops right out once cooled. Haven't had issues with anything. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

If you go to Facebook fragrance groups they post all day long. Some great deals. Some aren't. They do ship and take PayPal. Haven't got any bad deals. FB Marketplace too is good. Some have met local and some I get shipped. I don't have a store so I can get what is available that I like.

I have silicone ones the mooncake Celtic or love knot. I c r. 3x3 each and makes 6 per mold. Then I also have the waffle and mini waffle and I purchased 2 mini tart pans at am. Don't get the wilting ones in with the candy melts and things. They were 10 bucks. I got the ones from the bake section for u bucks. Same pan. And I got several cookie sheet pans from dollar tree to make my chunks. 

The wax plops right out once cooled. Haven't had issues with anything. 

I thinking of making chunks. So you just pour on pan and then break up? Sounds easy. I will do that.

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I don't need any but that is cheap. I had heard though that you aren't protected if they send junk. I do know if that's true but heard that.

I have not had any issues with any that i purchased from china. Shipping takes awhile but sometimes it only takes 2 weeks

• Like 1

Pour in a pan and break up for wax brittle.  

Pour into a pan a bit thicker and cut into chunks.  If U look at home depot or Lowes they have a super long sparkling knife that goes across the entire pan for around 9$

Edited by ScentedPleasurez
Phone said I I said U 😂
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2018 at 9:16 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

The most I paid for my mold was 7.50. They generally last a long time or supposed to.

I paid more for shipping then what I did for the other molds but my money was returned because the shipment is mia... 

Just throwing this out there for everybody. If you want to shop now and avoid shipping and if you live near a Michael's or JoAnn's they have candy, soap and baking molds on sale regularly. Molds range from $1.50 - $12 or so and you have the option to shop online and then go pick them up for free.

On 10/31/2018 at 9:28 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

I have not had any issues with any that i purchased from china. Shipping takes awhile but sometimes it only takes 2 weeks

And who is going to complain on a 2.00 item anyway...Not worth it.   Only 1 time did one of the candy molds get here warped.   But I wasn't going to waste my time or even ask for a credit.  I use it anyway.

Trappeur

• 3 weeks later...

New year, new adventures with wax testing!  Trappeur was so kind as to start a thread in the candlemaking section titled "Taking a poll on the best "proven" best throwing wax".   I thought maybe we could update / add to this thread for the wickless / melts aspect.  

I am stuck between CW 141 and 129.  The 141 is creamier but slightly dimples and may have a hard time achieving its best throw on some warmers due to its higher MP (as I started in a separate topic) whereas the 129 takes color easier as it is more transparent and has a lower MP...but may not last as long or be as forgiving on oils that 141 is.  Has anyone else debated between these two by chance?  I like CW over IGI as they seem more consistent usually.  Having said that, the recent thread on 129 in the clamshells that looks and performs totally different has me a little put back in my statement.  Will continue to battle these two out.  Really do not like blending waxes which to me is just additives overload and extra work if one is superb on its own.  

• 2 months later...
On 2/19/2019 at 9:23 PM, Fireside said:

I am still stuck between CW 141 and 129.  The 141 is creamier but slightly dimples and may have a hard time achieving its best throw on some warmers due to its higher MP (as I started in a separate topic) whereas the 129 takes color easier as it is more transparent and has a lower MP...but may not last as long or be as forgiving on oils that 141 is.  Has anyone else debated between these two by chance?  I like CW due to prices, free shipping on their blends, and they carry some of my soap ingredients.  Having said that, I still would purchase IGI wax from somewhere else to have a quality, consistent wax.  The recent thread on 129 in the clamshells that looks and performs totally different has me a little put back.  Will continue to battle these two out against IGI.  Really do not like blending waxes which to me is just additives overload and extra work if one is superb on its own.  

@Fireside, it has been a while since I've used the 129, but I like both of those waxes. I can't remember if there was something about the performance of the 129 that I didn't like, but it certainly was not a bad tart wax. Very easy to use, nice smooth finish. I didn't like the slight translucency of the wax, so I mostly use 141 for paraffin melts. I love to mix the 141 with just a bit of 125 for single-serving little melt cups that look so creamy and wonderful. 

I've already waxed on (haha!) about the awesomeness of CW's waxes in other threads, so I'll just say that I think if you test the 141 against the 129, and test the two of them against the IGI waxes, you'll find there is not a massive difference. CW is a convenient supplier for me, and I like the performance of their blends. If I lived on the West Coast, it might be a different story, and perhaps the IGI waxes would be a better choice. At the end of the day, I think you have to consider price, convenience, and performance, weigh each in accordance with your personal preference, and use whatever ranks highest in those factors. The only "best wax" is the one that you love to use! 😉

• Like 1