Favorite wax for melts

ScentedPleasurez

3 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Where do u get your oils?

I wouldn't focus on things that people aren't interested in. Maybe an alternative would be getting a carrier and do warming oils?? I am doing those as well

I buy lots of destashes. I don't buy the ones that sell junk and not that charge more than the supplier. A lot of people just want it gone. I look daily.

That is actually my next project lol and the oils that go with the Crystal Rock salts. I love those salts.

• Like 1

Where do u get your oils?

I wouldn't focus on things that people aren't interested in. Maybe an alternative would be getting a carrier and do warming oils?? I am doing those as well

I buy lots of destashes. I don't buy the ones that sell junk and not that charge more than the supplier. A lot of people just want it gone. I look daily.

That is actually my next project lol and the oils that go with the Crystal Rock salts. I love those salts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShelleyF said:

buy lots of destashes. I don't buy the ones that sell junk and not that charge more than the supplier. A lot of people just want it gone. I look daily.

I know some day they get from off fb groups but I couldn't find any lol.

I have a ton of the salts, my warming oils are the same blend that I use for my salts

• Like 1

I know some day they get from off fb groups but I couldn't find any lol.

I have a ton of the salts, my warming oils are the same blend that I use for my salts

I sometimes don't find any destashes one week. Then the next week I get 2 or 3. I look on eBay too. 

I am really thinking of doing those oils. Cheap and a great product .just worry about leaking during shipping. I hate electrical tape on bottles but it does work. Just not pretty lol

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

sometimes don't find any destashes one week. Then the next week I get 2 or 3. I look on eBay too. 

I am really thinking of doing those oils. Cheap and a great product .just worry about leaking during shipping. I hate electrical tape on bottles but it does work. Just not pretty lol

I've been using Amber cylinder bottles. Haven't had an issue yet with them. 

I thought about using the Boston round with a  dropper top but everyone that has gotten from me just said they use the cap to measure their oil into the warmer so I said to myself no need to put more money into packaging if they like that..  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

W s p had washi tape on sale. Different patterns. Maybe you could tie it in with your label design or something along that line

I will check that out. I don't even know what that is lol I know the company but never heard of Washington tape.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

Well at least I can see why since Washi is part of Washington. Lol but sometimes it's way off.

My mom uses speech to text and oh man you should see half of them. I cant even decipher it some times. I told her she needs to slow down. 

Her posts on fb I swear it looks like she's drunk texting but she doesn't drink. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

My mom uses speech to text and oh man you should see half of them. I cant even decipher it some times. I told her she needs to slow down. 

Her posts on fb I swear it looks like she's drunk texting but she doesn't drink. 😂😂😂

I'm originally from New Orleans and we talk very fast! I'm in TN now and people say slow down. You talk too fast lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On one hand I like really simple design and functionality, on the other, cuteness.  As a customer, if it costs more due to labor or molds, I would just go with simpler melts.  I'm also one that doesn't personally need color in wax.  At the same time I would definitely buy fun molded/colored melts that didn't cost significantly more per ounce.  I just got some molds, excited to try them out.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jenni Wix said:

just got some molds, excited to try them out.  

What kind did you end up getting? I also picked up a few of the mini brownie trays that I seen at Wal-Mart. 

I found a few more online that were to cute,however their price was way to ugly for me. Lol

My take on the ky133 now that I know what I need to do to prevent the lumps and bumps, i prefer ky133 over 4794. 4794 is super hard. You have to beat it harder than a teenage boy who found himself (can I say that?😂😂😂) to even break it up enough to get into the pot for melting.  4794 has decent results,for ease of use and cure time ky133 wins hands down imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2018 at 1:47 PM, Jenni Wix said:

On one hand I like really simple design and functionality, on the other, cuteness.  As a customer, if it costs more due to labor or molds, I would just go with simpler melts.  I'm also one that doesn't personally need color in wax.  At the same time I would definitely buy fun molded/colored melts that didn't cost significantly more per ounce.  I just got some molds, excited to try them out.  

I'm going online so I don't think it will be a problem. I know local customers around where I live don't care about shapes. They just want great melts. I like the cute shapes but I really love these cups. And it is easier too since you use it on the warmer. It does cost more but the throw is amazing with 4627. Very productive as I can make these quicker. Shapes are cuter though. But you can't use all 4627 with the shapes and that is what I love the best. 

• Like 3

On 10/12/2018 at 6:00 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

Well I revisited my palm/soy waffle bars that I made. After 1 week cure there was no throw,now what seems to be a month ago they are all through the house within 5 minutes.

I had that happen. Some soy I made took 4 months to cure. Some less but that is crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

Very productive as I can make these quicker. 

I just finished pouring some clams and every fifth or sixth I overpoured. 😂😂

I need better lighting in that corner

Now I remember why I quit doing them b4.

Going to use up my palm and soy in clams,and be done with those waxes.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I just finished pouring some clams and every fifth or sixth I overpoured. 😂😂

I need better lighting in that corner

Now I remember why I quit doing them b4.

Going to use up my palm and soy in clams,and be done with those waxes.

This is exactly what happens to me. I said forget it. It is hard to see inside the clamshell so I made what I had and not ordering more. 

Using my soy to make Scoopable then when I run out don't get more. Really love the 4627. It is amazing and throws like crazy. Also so pretty to look at. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

You could always make shapes and put on top of the cups, unless u fill them to the top

That is a great idea. I don't fill them to the top only because it is being melted in the cup. I fill them almost full but this will fill the gap. Maybe make it a different scent that compliments it.

• Like 1