Favorite wax for melts

ScentedPleasurez

3 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I got shelving from Wal-Mart when I first started. I believe they were like 15 bucks and they were 5 shelves. Made of plastic. I took the bottom part off and just took a piece of PVC pipe  cut it for the legs and made another level. On the bottom I just slide my fo boxes underneath. I still have them and use them😂  

That is a great idea. I have 12 bookshelves right now and it is not enough. Need more money to get more. It's crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Mine are by supplier and I have a list of my fragrances. Easier for me that way but I quit ordering from some suppliers

I have some identical fragrance ces for multiple suppliers. They all smell a little different lol

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

That is a great idea. I have 12 bookshelves right now and it is not enough. Need more money to get more. It's crazy. 

12 Bookshelves?!? 😳  Whaaa?????  Approximately how many pound sized bottles do you think you have?  

22 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

12 Bookshelves?!? 😳  Whaaa?????  Approximately how many pound sized bottles do you think you have?  

I can only imagine bc she has 12 bookshelves .I don't feel like I have a fo addiction any longer after reading about Shelly's collection kwim girl .

Kat 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ShelleyF said:

Wow that's absolutely alotttt of  oils girl . Do you think you can get them all used in a certain amount of time ?

I try to hold back with oils bc I am leary that they may go bad before I can  possibly use them all up kwim. I do have  neck & spine issues ,so limited to my pouring .

I do get some major pain ,if I do not take breaks often kwim.

I really admire your collection of oils . I will try & get a pic on soon of my work space . I read earlier wherev you were saying all was a mess . It's fine because if you don't have a mess ,your doing something wrong right lol. 

I am constantly trying to stay organized ,just gets out of handdyrjng busy seasons .

Try to get us a pic soon .I would love to see your great finds, such a blessing 😇 Kat 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

Do you think you can get them all used in a certain amount of time

I used to keep a candle of each fo I used so I could remember the scent. I could only imagine the hurt if they went rancid. I've only had 1 but o m g it was bad. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

I have some identical fragrance ces for multiple suppliers. They all smell a little different lol

Yes they do all smell a little different.  Kinda strange how some smell the same and some smell completely different even when they are the same name.   Maybe choose the one you enjoy most and destash the other one.  😇

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 7:25 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

My candles i cure for at least 2 weeks. Sometimes longer. When i make them up i make at least a case of each scent..

Melts is a new project for me, they are very popular and being near a college campus it gives an option to them since they are not allowed to have candles

I was liking your post here ,about living near a college .I am so excited about finishing our remodel disaster ,then selling our home. We are moving to a much larger town & it  happens to have the University of Houston college in this town .It is the Victoria Tx branch . I know I will be able to move alot of melts in this bigger city kwim. A college is very convenient t

12 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

I was liking your post here ,about living near a college .I am so excited about finishing our remodel disaster ,then selling our home. We are moving to a much larger town & it  happens to have the University of Houston college in this town .It is the Victoria Tx branch . I know I will be able to move alot of melts in this bigger city kwim. A college is very convenient t

The best thing it only takes 1 person. Word of mouth is all my sales

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

The best thing it only takes 1 person. Word of mouth is all my sales

I know your certainly right about this . I look forward to moving to a college town . I am sure I will stay overwhelmed with melts lol.

I am limited to how many hours a day I can pour ,due to chronic neck pain ,I have a few girls that want to help me out with my business . This town also has a monthly craft market ,with a huge turn out of customers.  This move will benefit me tremendously . I am so looking forward to this change . I hope your hanging in there with your pain  issues . I know how frustrating chronic pain can be . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

I know your certainly right about this . I look forward to moving to a college town . I am sure I will stay overwhelmed with melts lol.

I am limited to how many hours a day I can pour ,due to chronic neck pain ,I have a few girls that want to help me out with my business . This town also has a monthly craft market ,with a huge turn out of customers.  This move will benefit me tremendously . I am so looking forward to this change . I hope your hanging in there with your pain  issues . I know how frustrating chronic pain can be . 

I do what I can do when I can and don't worry about the rest. This is 1 reason why I call myself stocking my candles and such before I announce that I'm back. My candles sold like crazy b4 and i know my back and neck issues will not allow me to meet that demand. 

I will start all my new scents that I just got in today tomorrow hopefully. Lol. All my things are ready to go. I just have to pour. 

I have a customer that wants to help me but I refused because I probably would only get help a few weeks and they would be in production lol

I was hoping that my 1 niece would come live with me and I could teach her.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Wow that's absolutely alotttt of  oils girl . Do you think you can get them all used in a certain amount of time ?

I try to hold back with oils bc I am leary that they may go bad before I can  possibly use them all up kwim. I do have  neck & spine issues ,so limited to my pouring .

I do get some major pain ,if I do not take breaks often kwim.

I really admire your collection of oils . I will try & get a pic on soon of my work space . I read earlier wherev you were saying all was a mess . It's fine because if you don't have a mess ,your doing something wrong right lol. 

I am constantly trying to stay organized ,just gets out of handdyrjng busy seasons .

Try to get us a pic soon .I would love to see your great finds, such a blessing 😇 Kat 

I don't worry about using them quickly. I pray on what to buy and since  it's a great deal I wouldn't be losing much money if I lost a few bottles. I have a bad knee and 2 bad feet from a fall 3 years ago. Every day hurts but I'm trying to keep trying. Some days are better than others.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I don't worry about using them quickly. I pray on what to buy and since  it's a great deal I wouldn't be losing much money if I lost a few bottles. I have a bad knee and 2 bad feet from a fall 3 years ago. Every day hurts but I'm trying to keep trying. Some days are better than others.

Yes you have to keep forward & I have found a positive attitude ,helps tremendously when dealing with chronic pain. I struggle daily with neck & back pain. I have spinal stenosis & believe me it's horrible ,pinching nerves & muscle spasms . I do have good days & bad kwim. I think the deals you find are so awesome. 😀 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Yes you have to keep forward & I have found a positive attitude ,helps tremendously when dealing with chronic pain. I struggle daily with neck & back pain. I have spinal stenosis & believe me it's horrible ,pinching nerves & muscle spasms . I do have good days & bad kwim. I think the deals you find are so awesome. 😀 

I will pray for you. I know it is awful feeling like that. I have nerve pain in my feet but not every day. Thank you. I will pray you find these deals too. You do have to look every day and set notifications for your phone. Check every time something is posted and respond immediately. I don't get them all. Some people get them before me but I want others to get some too. The Lord has way more than enough for everyone. 

I guess I think a bit differently. Getting such good prices on fragrances means more profit in your pocket. Losing them means lost profit to me even if I only spent a few dollars to get them. 

The 1 oz or 2 oz I'd mix away and have "limited" or "black label" edition. Mix them lol leftovers up until I had a 16 oz bottle of something. With u only making melts 16 oz would go further.

IF you want to get rid of some of your stash but want to revisit the scent you could always do the portion cups with cotton balls and put scent on the cb. Or even get u a box and wax 1 up.

This is what I just did. I got rid of a few of my fragrances. I used the mini portion cups and waxed them,next I'll just cotton ball them though. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I guess I think a bit differently. Getting such good prices on fragrances means more profit in your pocket. Losing them means lost profit to me even if I only spent a few dollars to get them. 

The 1 oz or 2 oz I'd mix away and have "limited" or "black label" edition. Mix them lol leftovers up until I had a 16 oz bottle of something. With u only making melts 16 oz would go further.

IF you want to get rid of some of your stash but want to revisit the scent you could always do the portion cups with cotton balls and put scent on the cb. Or even get u a box and wax 1 up.

This is what I just did. I got rid of a few of my fragrances. I used the mini portion cups and waxed them,next I'll just cotton ball them though. 

That's a good idea on the cotton balls. I haven't heard of that. I get such great deals that I'm still ahead even if I would lose one. I bought $4000 worth of stuff from a lady I know for $385. That was the highest I've paid. Lots of 1-2 pounders. She had quit the business. I bought 167 1 oz. Bottles new for $12 a few months ago. Some people just want it gone. I'm always searching. 

• Like 1

Just now, ScentedPleasurez said:

You could buy 2 lb bottles for that lol

I know it's crazy what some ask. And then some ask a ton for hard to find scents. If I didn't want it I sure wouldn't up the price like that. And I have a question. Why are molds like gold?

1 minute ago, ShelleyF said:

I know it's crazy what some ask. And then some ask a ton for hard to find scents. If I didn't want it I sure wouldn't up the price like that. And I have a question. Why are molds like gold?

The most I paid for my mold was 7.50. They generally last a long time or supposed to.

I paid more for shipping then what I did for the other molds but my money was returned because the shipment is mia...