Favorite wax for melts

ScentedPleasurez

2 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

That is a great idea. I don't fill them to the top only because it is being melted in the cup. I fill them almost full but this will fill the gap. Maybe make it a different scent that compliments it

Can't wait to see what u come up with. 

• Like 1

My last test on palm and palm soy was pretty good. However I revisited them and got nothing lol. 

My test on ky133 went well after I figured out how to get rid of the lumps and bumps,and it seemed to perform well after a few days only. 

When I poured my last batch of candles I poured the left over wax in mini cups. Of course my wax is peanut butter so I scooped it out but they sure have good throw. 

So I know I'm keeping my messy wax but I didn't like palm and not planning on purchasing it. 

Which brought me to CW and their blends.  Idk what magic they put in their blends but they are pretty awesome. 

I feel like I went around in a circle several times to end up back at my original plan..... idk why we keep doing this when we have "the perfect blend for us" already. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 1:49 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

@katmeltswax have u tried the 141 from CW?

Sorry for delay in response .I have some major house remodeling going on atm.

I have tried CW 141 & did not like the high melting point .I do highly recommend their 129 for melts , great throw & great wax imo.

The 129 has a much lower melting point for melts .

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 1:49 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

@katmeltswax have u tried the 141 from CW?

I will say Sarah s has the right idea on the 141 ,would have to be blended with a good container wax for melts . I use the 4625 pillar & blend with container for melts . 

I would think the 141 would be great  for blending as well . 

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

It's great mixed just wondered had you tried it. Good luck with the remodel,they can be a nightmare

Nightmare is putting it mildly lol.

It's certainly been a huge challenge ,all because we had a huge water leak ,has caused us a major overhaul in our home . Costly , exhausting & stressful .Thank you for your kind words wishing me  luck .I need some good luck soon .

Kat

Edited by katmeltswax
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

Nightmare is putting it mildly lol.

It's certainly been a huge challenge ,all because we had a huge water leak ,has caused us a major overhaul in our home . Costly , exhausting & stressful .Thank you for your kind words wishing me  luck .I need some good luck soon .

Kat

Been there with the water leak. Disaster. I literally had a pool under the house. Found the leak but had to drill part of that floor up. Which lead to this and that. Frustrating as ever. Ended up moving. 

Things will get better. Keep strong and pushing forward. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 5:52 PM, ShelleyF said:

I buy lots of destashes. I don't buy the ones that sell junk and not that charge more than the supplier. A lot of people just want it gone. I look daily.

That is actually my next project lol and the oils that go with the Crystal Rock salts. I love those salts.

Wowww... @ShelleyF  you buy so many fragrance oils girlfriend!  I for one would LOVE to see a picture of your fragrance oil collection!  I bet it's huge!  

Very lucky lady to find all of those destashes with brand new sealed oils.  Especially the ones from Peak that you mentioned for $1 per pound.   

5 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Wowww... @ShelleyF  you buy so many fragrance oils girlfriend!  I for one would LOVE to see a picture of your fragrance oil collection!  I bet it's huge!  

Very lucky lady to find all of those destashes with brand new sealed oils.  Especially the ones from Peak that you mentioned for $1 per pound.   

You just have to keep a constant eye out for it. Also the Facebook marketplace is good too. Some people just want it gone. I am reorganizing my room because I have stuff stashed here and there trying to find more room for it all. There are deals to be found. I might not get any one week but then get 3 the next. I stay away from expensive ones. Some people are wanting their space back lol so you jump on it. You have to be constantly looking as you never know when it will show up but I figure the ones I can't get aren't meant to be. I do want others to get great deals too. eBay has some often but we careful. Some are very old. I stay away from those. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

You just have to keep a constant eye out for it. Also the Facebook marketplace is good too. Some people just want it gone. I am reorganizing my room because I have stuff stashed here and there trying to find more room for it all. There are deals to be found. I might not get any one week but then get 3 the next. I stay away from expensive ones. Some people are wanting their space back lol so you jump on it. You have to be constantly looking as you never know when it will show up but I figure the ones I can't get aren't meant to be. I do want others to get great deals too. eBay has some often but be careful. Some are very old. I stay away from those.  I also pray a lot. That is how I find many treasures. I am not kidding. I really do have a lot. I pray and believe so I receive. It's that simple. I have always lived like this and refuse to pay top dollar for most things. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

You just have to keep a constant eye out for it. Also the Facebook marketplace is good too. Some people just want it gone. I am reorganizing my room because I have stuff stashed here and there trying to find more room for it all. There are deals to be found. I might not get any one week but then get 3 the next. I stay away from expensive ones. Some people are wanting their space back lol so you jump on it. You have to be constantly looking as you never know when it will show up but I figure the ones I can't get aren't meant to be. I do want others to get great deals too. eBay has some often but we careful. Some are very old. I stay away from those. 

Oh I to would love to see your huge collection . I can never get so lucky enough to find those deals ,your one lucky duck girl .Post us a pic ,so we can Dream on girl .Thank you bunches 😀 Kat 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

Post us a pic ,so we can Dream on girl .Thank you bunches

Ok ok. I'm going to say the same thing @ShellyF. 😂😂😂  we have to see your collection.  

We cant.find destashes because She finds them all lol. 

Jk. I found one on fb but I passed. 1-3 oz mostly but it was alot and that amount won't do to much for me,since I like to make a good quantity. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Ok ok. I'm going to say the same thing @ShellyF. 😂😂😂  we have to see your collection.  

Jk. I found one on fb but I passed. 1-3 oz mostly but it was alot and that amount won't do to much for me,since I like to make a good quantity. 

I know right ,she's certainly lucky to find all these , especially the great quality oils . 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

What I do when I find the small bottles is I make salt crystals. I don't make candles. I'm in the process of reorganizing my stuff. I don't store by brand. 

5 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

What I do when I find the small bottles is I make salt crystals. I don't make candles. I'm in the process of reorganizing my stuff. I don't store by brand. 

Oh girl it's okay if you don't have your oils organized.  Most soap and candle makers don't..... Just take a pic so we can all see your fabulous oils.  I too will take a

picture of my oils cabinets to share with you as well.  😇  

Just now, Marleigha said:

Oh girl it's okay if you don't have your oils organized.  Most soap and candle makers don't..... Just take a pic so we can all see your fabulous oils.  I too will take a

picture of my oils cabinets to share with you as well.  😇  

You already showed me yours. They are so neat and organized. I look like a mad scientist. I have things thrown everywhere trying to get it sorted. It is a tornado. I keep my house neat but not my candle room. It is so packed I get overwhelmed. Trying to do better.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

You already showed me yours. They are so neat and organized. I look like a mad scientist. I have things thrown everywhere trying to get it sorted. It is a tornado. I keep my house neat but not my candle room. It is so packed I get overwhelmed. Trying to do better.

I truly get it..... I do.  But trust me, not every cabinet or area for my candles is quite as neat as the entryway cabinet that's just where most of the ones I have from NG/RE/CS are.  Downstairs I have several totes with more pound sized bottles in them as well as a tote full of 1 oz samples.  So it's not all peaches and Cream over here trust me.  I'm certainly FARRRRR... from perfect girlfriend 😜  I do tend to organize by company though as it just makes things easier for me to find that way.  But some people like to keep Floral with Floral, fruity with fruity, bakery with bakery, etc.... How do you organzie yours?  

11 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

I truly get it..... I do.  But trust me, not every cabinet or area for my candles is quite as neat as the entryway cabinet that's just where most of the ones I have from NG/RE/CS are.  Downstairs I have several totes with more pound sized bottles in them as well as a tote full of 1 oz samples.  So it's not all peaches and Cream over here trust me.  I'm certainly FARRRRR... from perfect girlfriend 😜  I do tend to organize by company though as it just makes things easier for me to find that way.  But some people like to keep Floral with Floral, fruity with fruity, bakery with bakery, etc.... How do you organzie yours?  

I keep mine in ABC order for big bottles. Not in alphabetical order but have totes with A,B,C etc. Little bottles are thrown together. Was sorting but got tired of it. I cried I make what I want when I want to it's not that big of a deal. But I still want to find stuff. I'm so embarrassed I won't even let my family look in there. My husband is a professional cleaner and I won't let him in there. He would be trying to fix it lol I told him it was awful. He looked and then shut the door. He said wow you might need me to help you. No lol I will get to it. I don't have room to sort by company because I have so many companies. I don't have anywhere else but my Candle room to store anything. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I make candles,melts,crystals but I also do the warming oils and body mists so a little bit won't go far for me. 

What u do with just melts or crystals 3-4 oz would be good for u

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I keep mine in ABC order for big bottles. Not in alphabetical order but have totes with A,B,C etc. Little bottles are thrown together. Was sorting but got tired of it. I cried I make what I want when I want to it's not that big of a deal. But I still want to find stuff. I'm so embarrassed I won't even let my family look in there. My husband is a professional cleaner and I won't let him in there. He would be trying to fix it lol I told him it was awful. He looked and then shut the door. He said wow you might need me to help you. No lol I will get to it. I don't have room to sort by company because I have so many companies. I don't have anywhere else but my Candle room to store anything. 

I got shelving from Wal-Mart when I first started. I believe they were like 15 bucks and they were 5 shelves. Made of plastic. I took the bottom part off and just took a piece of PVC pipe  cut it for the legs and made another level. On the bottom I just slide my fo boxes underneath. I still have them and use them😂  

• Like 1