Black Crow Christmas Thyme

Daisymay66

3 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Anyone know if there is a dupe for this scent? I think this is such an amazing scent! It screams Christmas to me!! 

I never heard of it but looked it up. It shows Nature's Garden has one called Christmas Thyme. I don't know if it's the same but it might be.

Edited by ShelleyF

Daisy, I believe they do their own blends, Black Crow....Their description is a balsam.   I don't know what balsam they might use.   The only true balsam fir out there in the market in my opinion is Fillmores "Christmas Tree".    The Natures Garden description has bayberry in it which is so totally different than balsam.   Maybe you could buy something small from Black Crow and smell it yourself to decipher what you think is in it?    I've heard Black Crow candles are really nice.

Then again maybe they do use Natures Garden.....who knows?

I have to order a few oils from Natures Garden and I'm going to get a sample of "Christmas Thyme".

Trappeur

I had a customer ask for a dupe of theirs and I searched high and low. They wanted a dupe of the Farmhouse scent. I ordered a few scent shots to compare to fragrances. I found their Farmhouse was an exact match to NG Harvest Type so maybe they are a NG user. 

Karen in MA

I’m so very bad at describing scents. All I can know is if I like\love it or not. I have never ever smelled a scent that just screams Christmas. I do have FC  Christmas Tree but it’s not the same. Black Crow is absolutely everywhere so I would tend to think they have their own oils. I will definitely try NG one that was mentioned. I’ve smelled this so many times and I never get sick of it. Although I am not a pine lover, FC CT is a good seller for me, but this one is totally different. Thanks so much for all the help! I’ll keep trying ;) 

On 9/24/2018 at 11:13 AM, Ray said:

Black Crow has some strong candles, but boy do those suckers smoke like a chimney

Is the “black crow” you know of in this type of jar?

A0828BA7-4F5D-4B5B-A4D3-7D685C61CBB0.jpeg

If so, they are another label of McCalls. Found mine at Cabellas . And yes, SMOKE and scary, super talllllll flames. Both of these were trimmed about level with the wax before lighting. The red one has flared about 5” at times with a soot stack that extends about a foot above the candle. CrZy. I video’d but can’t post that type here.

4FCF6A21-D9CA-4159-809B-9759ED217491.jpeg96FBD47E-D740-41DA-A2E2-1BCF30523293.jpeg

2D236BC7-2BB7-4C30-BFD4-FBE6020A4573.jpeg

• Sad 3

The Black Crow she is talking about is blackcrowcandlecompany.com of which one of their scents is called Christmas Thyme.

McCalls Candles is the only candle company I carried in my shop at the time and yep as big as sellers as they were/are today, they do get huge flames....It always amazed me about that and that was way b/4 I started making candles but they sure do throw, I will say that.

Trappeur

• Like 1

They are literally EVERYWHERE in my area !
I live near Amish country and I swear, every shop has Black Crow ,Crossroads  or some other commercially made candle ☹️ I will check for that one next time I'm out , because I have the Christmas Thyme FO from NG and I'll know if it's the same.
I do know for sure that their Prairie Butter scent is indeed NG's Pumpkin Apple Butter .

• Like 3

I have been very impressed with Black Crow candles.   Their packaging is fantastic--it's something actually you want to decorate with.  They are a local to me company and I am super proud of what they have created!  Their room fresheners l are a favorite with my family.  I have no connections with this company, other than they are localish.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chevcher said:

They are literally EVERYWHERE in my area !
I live near Amish country and I swear, every shop has Black Crow ,Crossroads  or some other commercially made candle ☹️ I will check for that one next time I'm out , because I have the Christmas Thyme FO from NG and I'll know if it's the same.
I do know for sure that their Prairie Butter scent is indeed NG's Pumpkin Apple Butter .

@chevcher that would be so nice of you to do that! I sure would appreciate it. I was kinda thinking that to with the Pumpkin Apple Butter. I’ll anxiously wait for your post :);) I tried one candle from Crossroads and it was really good too. I think it was something Maple. Seems like Trapp would know. Think I remember her saying that scent was really good from Crossroads.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 11:20 AM, Daisymay66 said:

@chevcher that would be so nice of you to do that! I sure would appreciate it. I was kinda thinking that to with the Pumpkin Apple Butter. I’ll anxiously wait for your post :);) I tried one candle from Crossroads and it was really good too. I think it was something Maple. Seems like Trapp would know. Think I remember her saying that scent was really good from Crossroads.

That would be the Buttery Maple Syrup... every shop in Amish country carries Crossroads as well and they have that scent going strong in the wax melters or the candles burning.
Candlewic & FB has the best Buttery Maple fo's I've ever poured, very strong and my customers go crazy over that scent !
Crossroads is pretty close to me in Ohio.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 9:23 AM, TallTayl said:

4FCF6A21-D9CA-4159-809B-9759ED217491.jpeg

Holy cow! I get nervous if my flames get higher than 1". These have cool packaging though. Certainly when they are testing, this flame isn't acceptable to them. I wonder if something changes after sitting on the shelves for a while? 

Edited by Jeana