Warming oils

ScentedPleasurez

I'm just wondering if we could simply bottle our fragrance oils as simmering/warming oils, nothing added.  By the way, I planned to include a small bottle of fragrance oils with my solar salts to refresh the salts which may be used in a tart warmer by the customer.  Wasn't planning to add anything else.

GoldieMN

13 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

I'm just wondering if we could simply bottle our fragrance oils as simmering/warming oils, nothing added.  By the way, I planned to include a small bottle of fragrance oils with my solar salts to refresh the salts which may be used in a tart warmer by the customer.  Wasn't planning to add anything else.

GoldieMN

You will need to test to make sure that they do not burn in the warmer without anything added.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

I planned to include a small bottle of fragrance oils with my solar salts to refresh the salts which may be used in a tart warmer by the customer.  

How much do you sell your salts for? I have mine for $10 but they include refresher oil, my refresher oil is mixed not straight fo though

24 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

How much do you sell your salts for? I have mine for $10 but they include refresher oil, my refresher oil is mixed not straight fo though

I haven't packaged any as they are taking FOREVER to dry.  So far I've added 5 additional cups of salts to each mix!  I started with 10% oil to salt.  So now I am at about 5%.  Anyway, I only use salt and fragrance oil in the mixture.  Did you add something else?

I bought small bakery bags with windows, polypropylene bags for lining (just in case as I don't want anything staining the outside bakery bag), small bottles (.5 ounce?), and Zazzle labels.  I think the bakery bags hold a half pound.  What is the weight of the salt bag you are selling?  What are you mixing with your fragrance oil?  I never saw anything about adding something until recently on this thread.

GoldieMN

I have wet and dry salts. I guess i do mine differently. The wet salts are in a decorative jar with about 1 oz of refresher oil. The dry are bagged in poly bags. Different sizes because some i give as samples. I mainly do 8oz or 1lb. 2.5oz sample bags. 

Some add glycerin to their refresher oil, mine is same as warming oils. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 1:23 PM, Faerywren said:

Straight FO will smoke and get gummy in a warmer. The FOs are mixed with DPG to prevent that.

Do I need to add DPG to my salt+fragrance oil mixture that is to be used in a warmer?  Or is your suggestion for those wanting to put FO in a warmer without salt.

GoldieMN

11 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Dpg or coconut oil will keep the fo from burning when placed alone in the warmer.  Salt will do the same, so no extras needed. 

DPg can help with hot throw, so if you want to experiment with it, that’s not the worst idea. 

OMG, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  My salt/fo mixtures are throwing like crazy so I was going to package for my sale starting this Thursday.  I have little bottles to package additional fo to go with the salts but didn't want to put something out there for sale that was going to be a problem for the customer.  You have saved me so much time running around town to find DPG. :thumbsup2:❤️

GoldieMN

• 1 month later...