4627 for tarts dilemma lol

ShelleyF

3 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

Well it came with a 25 watt but I've heard people buy a larger bulb. But heard it's a fire Hazzard? So I have no idea. I just know the cheap new Glade hot plates  work amazing. 

I d k. I've seen both listed in different warmers. I know that I thought my warmer had issues because the palm wasn't doing anything. I put a new bulb in and haven't had issues since.

Some people leave theirs on all the time and just rotate wax. I can't imagine that but what do I know lol

• Like 2

On 10/13/2018 at 8:21 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

I d k. I've seen both listed in different warmers. I know that I thought my warmer had issues because the palm wasn't doing anything. I put a new bulb in and haven't had issues since.

Some people leave theirs on all the time and just rotate wax. I can't imagine that but what do I know lol

Lol I have a few customers like that. Never turn it off. No I turn mine off.

• Like 1

Which pillar wax did u mix with the 4627 to make your clams? If you don't mind sharing.

I mixed in some of the ky133 and got pretty good results. I believe I might have a good scoopable formula with the 4627. Gotta trial and error a bit more but so far the spoons that I'm using are coming back nearly clean. Nearly is not what I want lol

• Like 2

On 10/20/2018 at 11:55 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

Which pillar wax did u mix with the 4627 to make your clams? If you don't mind sharing.

I mixed in some of the ky133 and got pretty good results. I believe I might have a good scoopable formula with the 4627. Gotta trial and error a bit more but so far the spoons that I'm using are coming back nearly clean. Nearly is not what I want lol

I am just seeing this. I used 4625 with 4627. I am going to make soy Scoopable with my soy wax. I bought some very cute shovel spoons in bright colors. Not the see through spoons. I don't like those. These are very nice. Making this week so can cure soon. Would make great gifts or stocking stuffers. I have miniture bows for them too lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

As much as this pains me to say @ShellyF I believe Aztec is going to be closer to you. Maybe they will price match CW for the sale 😂😂👍🤔

I just checked. They want more for the wax, taxes (not their fault on taxes lol) and the shipping is cheaper but they are the same price total  as Candle Wic BUT Candle Wic has the free oil lol and I refuse to put my card number since they get hacked and don't worry about it. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ShelleyF said:

I just checked. They want more for the wax, taxes (not their fault on taxes lol) and the shipping is cheaper but they are the same price total  as Candle Wic BUT Candle Wic has the free oil lol and I refuse to put my card number since they get hacked and don't worry about it. 

I can't blame you there.  I have taken them off my list of suppliers 

• Like 1

@ShelleyF I got my samples in today of the containers. The blue is gorgeous. 

I believe I might want to mix in a harder wax with 4627. The cups are flimsy. If shipping out I don't think they would survive especially in the summer. My lil cup was dented just from shipping to me. The 4 oz fits perfectly on the warmers that I tried today.  I also got the 8oz,4 inch and the heart. I thought the heart would be good for vday scoops. 

I was expecting them to be a bit thicker tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

@ShelleyF I got my samples in today of the containers. The blue is gorgeous. 

I believe I might want to mix in a harder wax with 4627. The cups are flimsy. If shipping out I don't think they would survive especially in the summer. My lil cup was dented just from shipping to me. The 4 oz fits perfectly on the warmers that I tried today.  I also got the 8oz,4 inch and the heart. I thought the heart would be good for vday scoops. 

I was expecting them to be a bit thicker tho

I wanted the heart ones but they were kind of high on the price. I didn't want them too thick because I wanted the heat to get through quickly. I don't have any dented ones. I think I will harden them up a little for summer. I can't believe what some sellers say on eBay and Etsy. Lol they say your melts might come melted. Don't worry it might look ugly but just put in the refrigerator and it will be fine lol No way. I'm not selling stuff like that. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Spelling
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I wanted the heart ones but they were kind of high on the price. I didn't want them too thick because I wanted the heat to get through quickly. I don't have any dented ones. I think I will harden them up a little for summer. I can't believe what some sellers say on eBay and Etsy. Lol they say your melts might come melted. Don't worry it might look ugly but just put in the refrigerator and it will be fine lol No way. I'm not selling stuff like that. 

The hearts would be really cute for scoops and the others would look super cute for bakery scoops especially since the way the lids are designed for them. You can really dress them up. I think a firmer wax would help.

Now I'm wondering about rust. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

The hearts would be really cute for scoops and the others would look super cute for bakery scoops especially since the way the lids are designed for them. You can really dress them up. I think a firmer wax would help.

Now I'm wondering about rust. 

I think that would be cute. It is just the people I sell to just want it cheap enough and work. I love cute stuff lol if I had a store I would. I hope they don't rust. I test daily and they haven't. I am on day 6 of Apple Butter. These last forever with 4627. I run my burner all day for about 8 hours. Then turn off. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I think that would be cute. It is just the people I sell to just want it cheap enough and work. I love cute stuff lol if I had a store I would. I hope they don't rust. I test daily and they haven't. I am on day 6 of Apple Butter. These last forever with 4627. I run my burner all day for about 8 hours. Then turn off. 

Is the Apple butter spicy? 

I'm testing to see if I get rust. The lids aren't polypropylene they are pet. I just seen their ad on Amazon. Hopefully they don't cause issues for u after your hard work. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Is the Apple butter spicy? 

I'm testing to see if I get rust. The lids aren't polypropylene they are pet. I just seen their ad on Amazon. Hopefully they don't cause issues for u after your hard work. 

No it's not spicy. It's a dupe of Apple Butter Caramel BBW. I know the lid is PET but so are the lids on the plastic souffle cups. Only the cups are Polypro. I've had researched  before I bought it. It says since the lid doesn't touch it it won't affect it. I have melts from a long while back in plastic souffle cups that are stronger now than before. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

have melts from a long while back in plastic souffle cups that are stronger now than before. 

That's what happens. The longer the sit the stronger they get in most cases. 

The lids aren't a concern for me,I'm just wondering about rusting because there is no coating on them.  The blue is so pretty I want it to work lol. 

I told u about the cotton ball thing. So I go look and it's something called little squirts or something like that and they squirt it on a cotton ball and put in a cup. They charge. $0.25 each 😂😂😂  

Squirts are something u put in the trash can they say the fragrance last for hours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

That's what happens. The longer the sit the stronger they get in most cases. 

The lids aren't a concern for me,I'm just wondering about rusting because there is no coating on them.  The blue is so pretty I want it to work lol. 

I told u about the cotton ball thing. So I go look and it's something called little squirts or something like that and they squirt it on a cotton ball and put in a cup. They charge. $0.25 each 😂😂😂  

Squirts are something u put in the trash can they say the fragrance last for hours. 

Lol that's hilarious. I never heard of that. 

• Haha 1

I tried those foil cups from Kitchen Dance with 4627.  I also found they don't melt all the way in the 25-watt bulb warmers.  After about an hour there was still some unmelted wax in the cup and not much throw.  They work AWESOME on the plate warmers though.  But I would not feel right selling to someone only with the 25-watt bulb warmers.  I would have to warn them about it and then that limits sales too.

My only worry was when the customers are trying to open and sniff.  I sometimes had a hard time getting them open without denting in the sides of the cup.  Can you imagine at a craft show or in retail?  You would probably end up with a bunch of dented up cups that some people might want not to buy. The only workaround would be to have some sniffles and have some behind the counter to actually sell to the customers.  That's all I could think of but I am still thinking.  :)

• Like 1

I have a work around solution to the cups denting. Well I'm testing it out. Lol they burn perfectly in my 25 watt bulb burner and throw through the house. I wonder why yours didn't? I only sell in person and online. I don't have a store. The throw is phenomenal with the 4627. Customers are loving this. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

I have a work around solution to the cups denting. Well I'm testing it out. Lol they burn perfectly in my 25 watt bulb burner and throw through the house. I wonder why yours didn't? I only sell in person and online. I don't have a store. The throw is phenomenal with the 4627. Customers are loving this. 

I'm not sure why the 25-watt bulb didn't work for me either.  Weird!  

4 hours ago, pcbrook said:

I'm not sure why the 25-watt bulb didn't work for me either.  Weird!  

I don't have any idea why it didn't.Everyone that has used mine it works great for them so far.maybe your light bulb is old sometimes you have to replace them even when they don't die out.

• Like 1