4627 for tarts dilemma lol

ShelleyF

15 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Awesome,and super easy if you decide to only use the 4627. Woohoo

I know I am very excited.I'm just worried can somebody take this idea and get a trademark and then I won't be able to do it? Do you know TallTayl do you?

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Moonstar said:

What do you do with a wickless tin 

do you scoop it out ? 

no you use the whole thing in the warmer so you don't have to scrape wax anymore. You can use 4627 wax in the burner without making a mess. It works fantastic.

• Like 1

I’ve used these cups for melts for myself and I really like them! I haven’t sold any though because I’ve been worried about liability issues since they are not made for this type of use. I might be over thinking it but also not sure about placing a label on the cup. I don’t like to only have label on the lid. 🤔

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 9:26 AM, gls said:

I’ve used these cups for melts for myself and I really like them! I haven’t sold any though because I’ve been worried about liability issues since they are not made for this type of use. I might be over thinking it but also not sure about placing a label on the cup. I don’t like to only have label on the lid. 🤔

They can stand the heat of an oven for making cupcakes. I put the label on the  lid. Most people who sell souffle plastic cups only put label on cup or lid. Not both I don't think. I don't think the label can handle the heat of being on the cup. This works for me. The melts come out beautiful. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 11:52 AM, ShelleyF said:

I know I am very excited.I'm just worried can somebody take this idea and get a trademark and then I won't be able to do it? Do you know TallTayl do you?

Anything is possible. It’s not “likely” for that application since wax in commercially available metal cups is probably too broad to trademark. I’d be inclined to research the Scenterpiece trademarks by Yankee to see what they included in their trademarks. (As an aside I wish i had grabbed that first as it is a great play on my own company’s name. 😡)

To protect your interest, make sure you keep proof of when you offer the product. For instance, screen caps of an etsy listing can provide ‘proof of first use’ should you need to challenge a new trademark application. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Anything is possible. It’s not “likely” for that application since wax in commercially available metal cups is probably too broad to trademark. I’d be inclined to research the Scenterpiece trademarks by Yankee to see what they included in their trademarks. (As an aside I wish i had grabbed that first as it is a great play on my own company’s name. 😡)

To protect your interest, make sure you keep proof of when you offer the product. For instance, screen caps of an etsy listing can provide ‘proof of first use’ should you need to challenge a new trademark application. 

Thank you very much.I don't use Etsy but it would be the same on eBay right? That's a great idea and I will definitely do it. I am sorry that you didn't get to do it before they got a hold of it. Also is every bath and body and Victoria's Secret name trademarked? I'm assuming it is so I'm just changing everything but it's very frustrating having to come up with a ton of different names. I see lots of people selling Lemon Verbena but I changed mine. I am pretty sure that one's not allowed correct?

• Like 1

I just researched about the Scenterpiece. I didn't even know it existed. I never heard of it. You have to buy a special warmer for it it says. Also be cups are $5 and only last a few hours a bunch of people said. Some people said it lasted longer but a lot of people said about 5 hours. That is ridiculous. I can't find anywhere where it says you can't have a cup. I'm still taking pictures though.

• Like 1

eBay should be the same concept. You just need a way to prove first use that is pretty bullet proof. 

The first place to research Spain of a trademark is uspto.gov. 

The TESS system allows you to search words and such. http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=4805:37mz7a.1.1

TESS is the first place the legal teams search when applying for new trademarks. 

Lush trademarked quite a few things, including what and how bath bombs and bubble bars are made.  Those seem pretty hard to defend, but not impossible. If sticking to the letter of the trademark, lush has the span of protection to stop most, of not all, indie business bath bomb production... 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

eBay should be the same concept. You just need a way to prove first use that is pretty bullet proof. 

The first place to research Spain of a trademark is uspto.gov. 

The TESS system allows you to search words and such. http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=4805:37mz7a.1.1

TESS is the first place the legal teams search when applying for new trademarks. 

Lush trademarked quite a few things, including what and how bath bombs and bubble bars are made.  Those seem pretty hard to defend, but not impossible. If sticking to the letter of the trademark, lush has the span of protection to stop most, of not all, indie business bath bomb production... 

Thank you. I don't think that's fair that they can do that . I can see trademark  one thing but not to where nobody can make bath bombs and bubble bars  at all. I read recently that the words sugar cookie you can't even use on your labels. It  is such a generic name I can't believe they are  getting away with that one.I don't want to name my sugar cookie anyway because I think it's playing but that's not the point. I will definitely check out those websites you tell me about.

• Like 1

Just saw that lemon verbena is indeed trademarked for quite a few categories. How about That? Pretty sure bath and body works and Meyers clean day offered it before this trademark, and its in use all over, so very difficult to defend. Foreign products in this scent are also readily available in the us. 

The trademark Does not currently include candles, or home fragrance though. 

D9CEA94A-65D3-4F03-A1AF-569EB6D060DC.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Just saw that lemon verbena is indeed trademarked for quite a few categories. How about That? Pretty sure bath and body works and Meyers clean day offered it before this trademark, and its in use all over, so very difficult to defend. Foreign products in this scent are also readily available in the us. 

The trademark Does not currently include candles, or home fragrance though. 

D9CEA94A-65D3-4F03-A1AF-569EB6D060DC.png

It's hard to understand the way trademarks are written. But it appears as long as it's just candles or melts, but not body products it's okay? if some of the names are trademarked we're going to have to make our own alphabet to get this stuff sold? Lol I like the fragrance called Jack Frost but that's Yankees I believe. So I change the name to Winter Frost. Surely they can't come after me for that I hope not? I'm going to start naming everything Mimi's and Nene's and Gigi's, MeMaw's, Granny's in front of everything. Lol not really but it's ridiculous.Before you know it you won't be able to use the word pumpkin or apple anywhere.I had change the name of my Lemon Verbena and it still sold on eBay. The lady loved it and gave me great reviews on it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

It's hard to understand the way trademarks are written. But it appears as long as it's just candles or melts, but not body products it's okay? if some of the names are trademarked we're going to have to make our own alphabet to get this stuff sold? Lol I like the fragrance called Jack Frost but that's Yankees I believe. So I change the name to Winter Frost. Surely they can't come after me for that I hope not? I'm going to start naming everything Mimi's and Nene's and Gigi's, MeMaw's, Granny's in front of everything. Lol not really but it's ridiculous.Before you know it you won't be able to use the word pumpkin or apple anywhere.I had change the name of my Lemon Verbena and it still sold on eBay. The lady loved it and gave me great reviews on it.

Correct, as far as I can see. Candles are not ithin this particular trademark. 

Winter frost should be ok, so long as there’s not that combination in TESS for candles. 

Being unique is a good thing! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Correct, as far as I can see. Candles are not ithin this particular trademark. 

Winter frost should be ok, so long as there’s not that combination in TESS for candles. 

Being unique is a good thing! 

Yes it is a good thing. You are very unique and you are great at this I wish I lived closer by I would have came to your fair  and bought something from you.

One more question. Do you know anything about the Glade hot plate warmers? I have a new one that I bought last month and it gets hot but not that hot. I have two other ones that I bought at yard sales and plug them in today and they are so hot. Is that normal?I tried researching and it said the new ones aren't as hot. I don't want to fire so I'm scared to use the other two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

Do you know anything about the Glade hot plate warmers? I have a new one that I bought last month and it gets hot but not that hot. I have two other ones that I bought at yard sales and plug them in today and they are so hot. Is that normal?I tried researching and it said the new ones aren't as hot. I don't want to fire so I'm scared to use the other two.

I do not know about the glade ones but I had another brand and I thought it was way to hot, I moved it and watched and the white plastic started turning brown, so I know it wouldve eventually caught fire.  I purchased it at either Joannes or Michael's on sale. Can't remember the brand name

download.jpeg

Edited by ScentedPleasurez
Typo typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I do not know about the glade ones but I had another brand and I thought it was way to hot, I moved it and watched and the white plastic started turning brown, so I know it wouldve eventually caught fire.  I purchased it at either Joannes or Michael's on sale. Can't remember the brand name

download.jpeg

The first one is a new one and is way less hot. 

• Like 1

On October 10, 2018 at 1:23 PM, ShelleyF said:

Yes it is a good thing. You are very unique and you are great at this I wish I lived closer by I would have came to your fair  and bought something from you.

One more question. Do you know anything about the Glade hot plate warmers? I have a new one that I bought last month and it gets hot but not that hot. I have two other ones that I bought at yard sales and plug them in today and they are so hot. Is that normal?I tried researching and it said the new ones aren't as hot. I don't want to fire so I'm scared to use the other two.

Are you talking about the ones they sell at the grocery stores for melting their tarts? I have two different models, and they do get very hot. I love to use my palm wax tarts in them, the throw is phenomenal. They do very well with pillar paraffin too. I would definitely be nervous about putting anything other than the ceramic bowls or a heavy tin on them.

6 hours ago, Sarah S said:

Are you talking about the ones they sell at the grocery stores for melting their tarts? I have two different models, and they do get very hot. I love to use my palm wax tarts in them, the throw is phenomenal. They do very well with pillar paraffin too. I would definitely be nervous about putting anything other than the ceramic bowls or a heavy tin on them.

Yes the new Glade ones I bought are sold at Dollar General for $10. They are not nearly as hot as the 2 Glade ones I bought at yard sales. The other 2 look different. I really like the new ones. I bought another one yesterday. I put my tins on it and can take it off the melter without cooling. It does not burn my hands. I don't have palm but do have pillar wax. Is that why it gets so hot so it  handle the hard waxes? The throw is phenomenal I agree but it is like that with this new one too. Just as much but you don't get burned. I hate the lightbulb burners. Is that for people who don't like really hot throws? It throws good but nothing like the hot plates lol

Another strange thing is that the Scentsy burners can melt the 4627 with no issues but not in the tin. It had to have higher heat because of the tin. But this 4627 in the tin is amazing. I made Chocolate Turtle Brownies melts  a few days ago and it really smells like I've been baking. Didn't need to cure. It was amazing right after I made them but it got even better today. It was awesome then so now I'm really excited about it lol

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I was curious as to how hot my warmers were getting. (Light bulb) I put an 8 oz jj candle in the glass dish and it was half way up the jar in no time. It looked crazy up on top there but people do crazy mess anyway. 

I wonder why my lightbulb ones barely get warm? That's awesome yours did that. Mine would only melt halfway in the lightbulb kind.  Does having a cold house cause issues? I keep my house like a freezer. 62 degrees year round. I hate being hot. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I wonder why my lightbulb ones barely get warm? That's awesome yours did that. Mine would only melt halfway in the lightbulb kind.  Does having a cold house cause issues? I keep my house like a freezer. 62 degrees year round. I hate being hot. 

I'm not sure, maybe it's the bulb?? I believe some are 25w and some are 35w.

I keep my house cool too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I'm not sure, maybe it's the bulb?? I believe some are 25w and some are 35w.

I keep my house cool too.

Well it came with a 25 watt but I've heard people buy a larger bulb. But heard it's a fire Hazzard? So I have no idea. I just know the cheap new Glade hot plates  work amazing. 

• Like 1