4627 for tarts dilemma lol

ShelleyF

2 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I checked out the cups on the site u posted above . They have multiple colors and look nice. I really like the black ones the best. 

The black ones of the ones I bought.I am very annoyed because it should have been delivered yesterday and I still haven't got it. It's coming FedEx and I'm thinking it should be here soon I hope.I bought 500 of them because it's a lot cheaper like that.if you can afford more than that it gets even cheaper but I am not an established business yet lol it's also free shipping if you spend $50 or more. It was $70 for 500 of them.On eBay and Amazon and there's a lot more than that I checked.I thought about getting different colors but I don't have time to color coordinate lol I'll let you know how I like them when the mail gets here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

According to YouTube channels that I've been watching people prefer the scent shot cups over the clamshells because they can try more fragrances. But some still get the clamshells however they get them from Wal-Mart etc

I looked on eBay this morning and it said some lady selling them for $2.99 each. Plus $3 and something for shipping and then an extra $0.50 per cup after the first order to combine the shipping. I was like I'm in the wrong spot. Lol that's good to know people like the cups better. I was trying to sell the cups but I thought I can make more money selling the boxes. But then people been telling me it's more affordable to buy the cups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

scent shot cups are cheaper, more profitable per unit and easier for sure. Though the actual $ profit on a single cup is pretty small compared to a clam. When selling at markets, [portion cups are much more difficult to merchandise and keep looking nice. Clamshells that hang solved the huge mess for me.

This all puts me in a strange grey area - I dislike single use plastic packaging but need it to protect my wares at public venues, and maximize the profit per transaction to keep the business healthy.

I'm glad to hear that it's more profitable to make those cups cuz it's so much easier. It's hard for me to see those boxes with the 6 compartments and I overfilled some of them. I'm going to be much happier this way. I can pour twice as fast to as before.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I'm glad to hear that it's more profitable to make those cups cuz it's so much easier. It's hard for me to see those boxes with the 6 compartments and I overfilled some of them. I'm going to be much happier this way. I can pour twice as fast to as before.

profitable "by cup". In order to make as much "real" money, i need to sell 4x as many. In the end you're going to be working a little harder to make the same profit ($ in the pocket after COGS)- at least that is what I discovered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShelleyF said:

I'm glad to hear that it's more profitable to make those cups cuz it's so much easier. It's hard for me to see those boxes with the 6 compartments and I overfilled some of them. I'm going to be much happier this way. I can pour twice as fast to as before. Also I think the mental thing is different too. LolI tell somebody the price of a box and then like oh okay then they asked me how much of the price of the cups are.   Well the  three of those cups cost more than the one box but they buy the cups.I actually don't blame them because I like a variety of flavors too. I guess it's sort of like Dollar Tree mentality. Wow Everything's a Dollar!so then you start throwing things things in your basket and  the next thing you know they're so that'll be $40 for a bunch of junk. Lol I hate that store. There's not much I really like from there. But they make tons of money because they are dirt cheap. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TallTayl said:

profitable "by cup". In order to make as much "real" money, i need to sell 4x as many. In the end you're going to be working a little harder to make the same profit ($ in the pocket after COGS)- at least that is what I discovered.

Oh I know I'll have to sell a lot of those.But I'm going to try eBay because somebody else is selling them for $2.99 each. How much is the regular going rate of those things?I know a lady that told me she sold them for a dollar that's not worth your time.But she also hasn't made candles in about 3 years so things have went way up since then she said. But she said she sold tons of them.

• Like 1

Just now, TallTayl said:

after fees, packaging, COGS, damage/waste and time that $2.99 is practically zero profit.  Make sure you do your math to figure out if it's worth it in the end

Okay I will figure it all out.This really is not a cheap business to be in that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

scent shot cups are cheaper, more profitable per unit and easier for sure. Though the actual $ profit on a single cup is pretty small compared to a clam. When selling at markets, [portion cups are much more difficult to merchandise and keep looking nice. Clamshells that hang solved the huge mess for me.

This all puts me in a strange grey area - I dislike single use plastic packaging but need it to protect my wares at public venues, and maximize the profit per transaction to keep the business healthy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

looked on eBay this morning and it said some lady selling them for $2.99 each. Plus $3 and something for shipping and then an extra $0.50 per cup after the first order to combine the shipping. I was like I'm in the wrong spot. Lol that's good to know people like the cups better. I was trying to sell the cups but I thought I can make more money selling the boxes. But then people been telling me it's more affordable to buy the cups.

I do not go by eBay prices. Their fees need to be included in  and some vendors on ebay do not completely  fill their containers so they can charge less but still use the same size because that's the container size they used, l o l plus some just have garbage for a product

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I do not go by eBay prices. Their fees need to be included in  and some vendors on ebay do not completely  fill their containers so they can charge less but still use the same size because that's the container size they used, l o l plus some just have garbage for a product

I fill mine up as I can't stand buying stuff half empty.i definitely don't like garbage. 

• Haha 1

L o l. Nope I spent thousands when i first started and now again im back to experimenting on waxes just for melts etc

L o l. Nope I spent thousands when i first started and now again im back to experimenting on waxes just for melts etc

I get great deals but can never seem to have enough fragrances. Lol and someone asked the other day and the 2 she wanted I didn't have. Lol but do now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

The black ones of the ones I bought.I am very annoyed because it should have been delivered yesterday and I still haven't got it. It's coming FedEx and I'm thinking it should be here soon I hope.I bought 500 of them because it's a lot cheaper like that.if you can afford more than that it gets even cheaper but I am not an established business yet lol it's also free shipping if you spend $50 or more. It was $70 for 500 of them.On eBay and Amazon and there's a lot more than that I checked.I thought about getting different colors but I don't have time to color coordinate lol I'll let you know how I like them when the mail gets here.

The notification now's says tomorrow by end of day. I think that's wrong to give information like this. Said yesterday, then today. Now it's tomorrow. Ugh 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

We never do. I was just asked for a plain Apple and a plain pear well I have neither. 

Lol I do have those but I know what you mean. How boring though. I like complex scents don't you? Usually anyway. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I have only ordered Apple 1 time and seemed to take fore v e r to unload lol. 

I hear you I'm not a huge Apple fan not a plainApple anyway. My cups finally arrived and they are so cute. I put a melt  it to use it but I'm going to make my melts in it. It looks much better in person and it's high quality aluminum and it's thick.

IMG_20181005_141304171.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

My cups finally arrived and they are so cute. I put a melt  it to use it but I'm going to make my melts in it. It looks much better in person and it's high quality aluminum and it's thick.

I like them! Did you just use the 4627 or is that the blend with pillar?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I like them! Did you just use the 4627 or is that the blend with pillar?

That one is 60 percent 4627, 40 percent pillar. But I made some melts with just 4627 and it works too. I've been busy lol since you just throw away it doesn't matter. I really love the 4627 the best. I cut that melt up because I was in a hurry. The lids are great and snug fitting and stack. That scent is Cornucopia from Peaks. It is awesome. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Spelling
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ShelleyF said:

That one is 60 percent 4627, 40 percent pillar. But I made some melts with just 4627 and it works too. I've been busy lol since you just throw away it doesn't matter. I really love the 4627 the best. I cut that melt up because I was in a hurry. The lids are great and snug fitting and stack. That scent is Cornucopia from Peaks. It is awesome. 

Awesome,and super easy if you decide to only use the 4627. Woohoo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShelleyF said:

That scent is Cornucopia from Peaks. It is awesome. 

I have never smelled that. It seems to me that my mom made a cornucopia before but that's been awhile. I have candlewic coastal kale in my warmer. I swear I can sniff it all day everyday lol 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I have never smelled that. It seems to me that my mom made a cornucopia before but that's been awhile. I have candlewic coastal kale in my warmer. I swear I can sniff it all day everyday lol 

It is a combination of a lots of different fruits and pumpkin. I never smelled the candle wick coastal kale.

• Like 2