4627 for tarts dilemma lol

ShelleyF

3 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Thank you! 1 wax for everything would make me very happy 

I know and definitely more cost effective. 

I made Vanilla Champagne melts yesterday and it  is blazing through the house. I don't have a huge house but it isn't tiny. 1700 square feet and the kitchen is not close to my bedroom. I can smell it everywhere. I turned it on at around 12 Noon today and then fell asleep with it on. Woke up unexpectedly at 11PM and was confused at the lovely smell I was breathing in lol then realized I left my burner on. I just turned it off about 30 minutes ago. It is 12:40AM here. So 12 hours straight blazing scent and it still has a lot of life to go. And this was only part 4627. I'm excited to use just 4627 and see that it will last a very long time. Have to order more tins  but my experiment worked fantastic. One lady asked me the other day if my melts lasted 5 hours at the most likely Walmart. I said no lol mine last for 2 days most of the time and longer sometimes. I had some that lasted 3 weeks. Yeah I had to stop doing that. There's no profit in that. I want to have long lasting products but if nobody needs to buy anything then there is no money. 

• Like 3

Just now, ShelleyF said:

I know and definitely more cost effective. 

I made Vanilla Champagne melts yesterday and it  is blazing through the house. I don't have a huge house but it isn't tiny. 1700 square feet and the kitchen is not close to my bedroom. I can smell it everywhere. I turned it on at around 12 Noon today and then fell asleep with it on. Woke up unexpectedly at 11PM and was confused at the lovely smell I was breathing in lol then realized I left my burner on. I just turned it off about 30 minutes ago. It is 12:40AM here. So 12 hours straight blazing scent and it still has a lot of life to go. And this was only part 4627. I'm excited to use just 4627 and see that it will last a very long time. Have to order more tins  but my experiment worked fantastic. One lady asked me the other day if my melts lasted 5 hours at the most likely Walmart. I said no lol mine last for 2 days most of the time and longer sometimes. She ordered a bunch of melts.  I had some that lasted 3 weeks. Yeah I had to stop doing that. There's no profit in that. I want to have long lasting products but if nobody needs to buy anything then there is no money. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

made Vanilla Champagne melts yesterday and it  is blazing through the house. I don't have a huge house but it isn't tiny. 1700 square feet and the kitchen is not close to my bedroom. I can smell it everywhere. I turned it on at around 12 Noon today and then fell asleep with it on. Woke up unexpectedly at 11PM and was confused at the lovely smell I was breathing in lol then realized I left my burner on. I just turned it off about 30 minutes ago. It is 12:40AM here. So 12 hours straight blazing scent and it still has a lot of life to go. And this was only part 4627. I'm excited to use just 4627 and see that it will last a very long time. Have to order more tins  but my experiment worked fantastic. One lady asked me the other day if my melts lasted 5 hours at the most likely Walmart. I said no lol mine last for 2 days most of the time and longer sometimes. I had some that lasted 3 weeks. Yeah I had to stop doing that. There's no profit in that. I want to have long lasting products but if nobody needs to buy anything then there is no money

I bet that smells amazing. 

So are they the molded melts or are they in the tins? 

I will tell you my mix up. I added a carrier oil,instead of fragrance oil to the 4627 and it was hard.  It came out of my silicone mold but not the metal molds. It wouldnt hold up in summer selling or shipping heat. Im still amazed at how hard it got from a bit of carrier oil.

• Like 3

I want to have long lasting products but if nobody needs to buy anything then there is no money.

Some will keep buying if they really like it. Ive seen people spend a hundred or so on fragrances that they like,and quality product

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I bet that smells amazing. 

So are they the molded melts or are they in the tins? 

I will tell you my mix up. I added a carrier oil,instead of fragrance oil to the 4627 and it was hard.  It came out of my silicone mold but not the metal molds. It wouldnt hold up in summer selling or shipping heat. Im still amazed at how hard it got from a bit of carrier oil.

I made melts in the clamshell boxes. It was 4627 mixed with pillar wax. 

But I also made just  4627 in the tins and it is lasting even longer. That's great the carrier oil worked. I'm loving experiments. Lol never thought I would.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I made melts in the clamshell boxes. It was 4627 mixed with pillar wax. 

But I also made just  4627 in the tins and it is lasting even longer. That's great the carrier oil worked. I'm loving experiments. Lol never thought I would.

Im going to mix in some palm that i have and see what happens. The 4627 in shots were to gummy but i bet this mix they would come right out of the shots... 

Its a never ending experiment  lol

• Like 2

On 9/30/2018 at 8:49 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

Im going to mix in some palm that i have and see what happens. The 4627 in shots were to gummy but i bet this mix they would come right out of the shots... 

Its a never ending experiment  lol

Today I ordered some beautiful black foil aluminum cups with lids. The whole thing except the lid goes into the wax  burner. Then you can save for another day and just throw the whole thing away when the scent goes away. I'm excited as I think this will take off or at least I hope so lol

Now for the summer shipping I will have to harden it but people are still lazy. So no fuss, no muss still should work. lol

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Today I ordered some beautiful black foil aluminum cups with lids. 

I bet those look nice. The site that i seen the drops on actually used the entire portion cup in the warmer,but it seemed to be a different type of warmer and it actually fit the cup. I know if i put my cups in a warmer i would have a huge mess. I ordered a few different things, some different cups, jars and molds. I guess imma get my experiment on starting tomorrow

2 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I bet those look nice. The site that i seen the drops on actually used the entire portion cup in the warmer,but it seemed to be a different type of warmer and it actually fit the cup. I know if i put my cups in a warmer i would have a huge mess. I ordered a few different things, some different cups, jars and molds. I guess imma get my experiment on starting tomorrow

These are on KitchenDance site. Supposed to be sturdy. 

Also the silicon baking cupcake holders work for harder melts. I gave a few away to customers and they love them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

silicon baking cupcake holders work for harder melts. I

I ordered several different silicone molds to doodle with. I think I have already found a favorite. I have a bunch of the portion cups 1&2 ounce along with the clamshell.

You will have to let us know how they turned out..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I ordered several different silicone molds to doodle with. I think I have already found a favorite. I have a bunch of the portion cups 1&2 ounce along with the clamshell.

You will have to let us know how they turned out..

I will. I'm getting them in today. So you know I'm going to test it today lol If it works great in this cup then this will be great. It worked in the pie tins but this is taller so it seems better. I will make all 4627 during the cooler months and local. But for shipping I will have to harden it up. But it will be the best melts if it works. This experimenting is tiring lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

I will make all 4627 during the cooler months and local. But for shipping I will have to harden it up. But it will be the best melts if it works. This experimenting is tiring lol

If you are just placing the entire thing on the warmer just removing the lid, I wouldn't think you would have to harden it up. They have the lid to protect the wax from coming out

3 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

If you are just placing the entire thing on the warmer just removing the lid, I wouldn't think you would have to harden it up. They have the lid to protect the wax from coming out

I just meant for the hot months because it would melt during shipping  wouldn't it? Or no? If not that would be great. Still waiting for my cups lol I'm impatient. So tomorrow I will make something. I get up very early in the morning. Sometimes 1:30AM sometimes 3;30AM lol

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

just meant for the hot months because it would melt during shipping  wouldn't it? Or no? If not that would be great. Still waiting for my cups lol I'm impatient. So tomorrow I will make something. I get up very early in the morning. Sometimes 1:30AM sometimes 3;30AM lol

When u first posted I thought I were talking about the cups like I am using and no way would they handle the heat well. My new ones arrived today which are a bit thicker but I'm still unsure.

No, just make sure you pack them well. I send my 4637 candles out I typically send mon-we'd unless they are closer and have not had a problem. As long as they are upright and packaged tight you should be fine. 

You are getting up when I'm getting ready to lay down lolol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

The only problem is the post office doesn't keep packages upright. I have received boxes upside down with oils in them but everything was ok.  I'm glad to know I can ship 4627 in the summer. So I can just start using it alone then? I'm getting rid of the clamshell boxes. I hate them as they take longer to pour and people are seeming to want the cups more anyway. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

When u first posted I thought I were talking about the cups like I am using and no way would they handle the heat well. My new ones arrived today which are a bit thicker but I'm still unsure.

No, just make sure you pack them well. I send my 4637 candles out I typically send mon-we'd unless they are closer and have not had a problem. As long as they are upright and packaged tight you should be fine. 

You are getting up when I'm getting ready to lay down lolol

Which cups are you using? Is it the thick oval ones? If so I had a lady send me a couple during the summer to test her scents for her. They looked perfect and we're soy. I don't know which soy but definitely not 464. They were firmer than that. 

lol my husband has an early work schedule. Sometimes  I wake up in the middle of the night and come on here. I feel good waking up early. I seem to get more done but it is the same thing really. Just different hours.

Edited by ShelleyF
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

Which cups are you using

Mine were the 1oz cups they wouldn't stand up to the heat of a warmer. If I put that container on my electric warmer it would shrivel on down along with the wax I'm pretty sure l o l

I wouldn't mix anything with it,if your sole purpose is to place the entire cup on the warmer then dispose. As long as the lids are secured and packaged tight it shouldn't be a problem. 

6 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

I'm getting rid of the clamshell boxes

According to YouTube channels that I've been watching people prefer the scent shot cups over the clamshells because they can try more fragrances. But some still get the clamshells however they get them from Wal-Mart etc

• Like 1

scent shot cups are cheaper, more profitable per unit and easier for sure. Though the actual $ profit on a single cup is pretty small compared to a clam. When selling at markets, [portion cups are much more difficult to merchandise and keep looking nice. Clamshells that hang solved the huge mess for me.

This all puts me in a strange grey area - I dislike single use plastic packaging but need it to protect my wares at public venues, and maximize the profit per transaction to keep the business healthy.

• Like 3