4627 for tarts dilemma lol

ShelleyF

I love 4627 but don't make candles. I have mixed it  with some pillar wax to make melts and it is great. The scent throw hot and cold is amazing. But I think it is even better alone but of course too soft. It is even more fantastic alone. I tried melting in a silicon liner and it was great. Put in freezer for a few minutes and it comes out a little messy but not sell worthy. For my use, yes but I don't sell junk. Can you melt it in the souffle cups and market it as a totally disposable product? Or should I just harden it up. I did do well with it harder but I think softer wax burns better and longer  lol help!

• Like 1

I tried it in the portion cups (souffle) cups for a scoopable wax but imo its to gummy. The scoopable are literally just that "scoopable " not gummy. You can put a spoon in it and when placed in the warmer the spoon will be clean. I am still experimenting though because 4627 is the bomb. 

4630 is a good one and i wonder if that would make a better one for the portion cups. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I tried it in the portion cups (souffle) cups for a scoopable wax but imo its to gummy. The scoopable are literally just that "scoopable " not gummy. You can put a spoon in it and when placed in the warmer the spoon will be clean. I am still experimenting though because 4627 is the bomb. 

4630 is a good one and i wonder if that would make a better one for the portion cups. 

It is the bomb. I'm wanting to melt it directly in the souffle cups but don't know if the cup would break. I guess I can try it lol I have some 4630 but think 4627 is the best. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShelleyF said:

I'm wanting to melt it directly in the souffle cups but don't know if the cup would break. I guess I can try it lol I have some 4630 but think 4627 is the best. 

Are you talking about the ceramic ones? If so they should be fine. I thought you were talking about the plastic ones. The ones that they are calling scent shots lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Are you talking about the ceramic ones? If so they should be fine. I thought you were talking about the plastic ones. The ones that they are calling scent shots lol

Lol I am talking about the plastic ones. 

• Like 1

What about using a small tin and making it like a wickless candle? I'm pretty sure you can get tins from most suppliers in .5oz or 1oz sizes. Or a 2oz tin would make a great wickless candle with massive throw, and if you're selling the price point would allow a good amount of profit considering the higher initial cost of the container.

For personal use, any size aluminum container could be reused, making it a pretty cost-efficient way to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

What about using a small tin and making it like a wickless candle? I'm pretty sure you can get tins from most suppliers in .5oz or 1oz sizes. Or a 2oz tin would make a great wickless candle with massive throw, and if you're selling the price point would allow a good amount of profit considering the higher initial cost of the container.

For personal use, any size aluminum container could be reused, making it a pretty cost-efficient way to go.

Around here, a 4 shallow wickless tin retails with a popular hand made seller for $7. Nice margin! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sarah S said:

That is a great idea. I did have some small aluminum tins and I hope I didn't throw them away. I had bought them for a different plan and didn't use them.I hope I didn't get rid of it. lol They are cheap though so if I don't find it in the next hour I'm ordering some lol 

• Like 2

Another question lol should I also make the 4627 mixed with the harder wax like I've been doing? Or just make it plain by itself for the tins? right now I have a lot of both but when I run out it would be more cost-effective just to stay with one wax right? Or do you need to try to cater to tons of people?

Edited by ShelleyF
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be catering to all walks of people that is for sure and be offering different blends......  Just develop your own blend that you are happy with, performs well and throws wonderful and there you have it.   That is all anyone wants anyway.     That's my opinion.

Trappeur

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I wouldn't be catering to all walks of people that is for sure and be offering different blends......  Just develop your own blend that you are happy with, performs well and throws wonderful and there you have it.   That is all anyone wants anyway.     That's my opinion.

Trappeur

Thank you. That's what I was thinking either they take it or leave it right lol I had the laugh though I just watched the video from a very popular company. Well at least they say they are anyway but they said they're the only ones that sell wickless soy candles. I know that ain't true because I saw a ton of them on the internet a few minutes ago. Well anyway what made me laugh was the man said after you make the soy wickless  candles them on a baker's rack to cure. Then he said how long it needs to cure for soy which is two to three hours he said and then voila they're ready to ship and sell lol yeah right that's not true at all. Lol another thing that makes me cringe is I've been seeing a lot of videos this week where people are saying as soon as the soy candle hardens up in a couple hours you ready to light it and there you go. Say what they must be drinking something crazy huh?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I think its the best thrower on the market. Im going to try another for molded melts. Its supposed to be good but i have my doubts lol

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I think its the best thrower on the market. Im going to try another for molded melts. Its supposed to be good but i have my doubts lol

I hope it works out for you let us know. You don't have to say what it is just let us know if it works out.lol I used to not like experimenting but it's starting to get more fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

So it is being suggested to put a small tin container of wax on a warmer? 

GoldieMN

Yes. I had some already for a different project that  didn't work awhile back. lol It works great. I had no idea about this. So I came here for help.  I love everyone here as everyone is so helpful and smart. Also the wax can come out of the pan too without sticking. It is supposed to be throw away and is but I wanted to see what would happen. I'm very excited about this.

Edited by ShelleyF
Added more info
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

Yes. I had some already for a different project that  didn't work awhile back. lol It works great. I had no idea about this. So I came here for help.  I love everyone here as everyone is so helpful and smart. Also the wax can come out of the pan too without sticking. It is supposed to be throw away and is but I wanted to see what would happen. I'm very excited about this.

Did you happen to see the post @Trappeur put up about using cat food tins? I have a bunch of tuna tins that I'm washing up to try this out with. @TallTayl had an excellent point about the sharp edge and safety, but for just personal use I think it could work. Fingers crossed, I'm hoping I'll have time this weekend to play around with this. 

• Like 1

Ha!  I was wondering about those cat food cans @Trappeur asked about when you guys started talking about tin cans.  I believe there is a hand-held can opener that cuts without the edges getting sharp.  I actually don't think the edges of my cat food cans are sharp anyway.  I have been using a star tin muffin for my salts as well as tarts and warmer as I broke the ceramic dish.  It does get hot.  May have to try a cat food can. :)

GoldieMN

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sarah S said:

Did you happen to see the post @Trappeur put up about using cat food tins? I have a bunch of tuna tins that I'm washing up to try this out with. @TallTayl had an excellent point about the sharp edge and safety, but for just personal use I think it could work. Fingers crossed, I'm hoping I'll have time this weekend to play around with this. 

No I didn't see that post. That is a great idea. I love this place because you and everyone else comes up with great ideas. Trappeur is very smart as well.

• Like 2

lol, oh your funny...smart?     Well,  don't know much about that........

And yes, there are hand held can openers I came upon on Amazon that leave clean (no sharp edges) for tins/food.....Been looking to which one to buy.    My sister has one and swears by it......and I did 1 test using 1 cd10 in 464 wax and it is SOOOO PERFECT!.....

I'll post some pictures later.

Trappeur

• Like 3