Beeswax is working for me.

MrDan

It's been a while since I've posted anything, so here's what I'm getting up to: beeswax!

As of right now I'm playing with different brands as I can't find reliable source near me at this time, and I'm also using simple silicone molds I'm getting off Amazon and such.

I think I've got most of it down, so next I'm starting to work on designing my own molds. I've got the clay, I'm starting to sculpt, and hopefully I'll come up with something!

IMG_20180918_111612_141.jpg

IMG_2600.JPG

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Hopie said:

Mr. Dan! Was the dragon a silicone mold?

Yep, silicone mold! That ones a little difficult to unmold, on account of the shape. I'd slit the side, but that seems like it would be overkill. Just slow and steady and it works it's way out.

6 hours ago, Ramr said:

I would never light a candle like that. Too pretty!

But if they light the pretty candles, they come back for more! The dragon is a little dark when he burns (his snout/muzzle get sheared off), but the rose turn into something gorgeous! Someday I'll take a picture of that!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, iansmommaya said:

Yeah, I would just have a collection of beautiful candles, too. They are gorgeous.

This is test burn before I got the wicking right so there's a little bit of crap floating in the burn pool. Looks great burning though, doesn't it?

IMG_2627.JPG

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, birdcharm said:

It looks great, I had a feeling it was going to light up like a rose globe!

Is it a scented candle?

Just the natural scent of beeswax. These candles are so small (1.5 and 2.5 oz) it would be way too much of a pain to add fragrance. Plus, I don't like to add fragrance to beeswax if I can help it. It just seems wrong, lol.

11 hours ago, Scented said:

The burn of the rose globe is intriguing. The dragons ... now those you should be able to find a way to make colorful. 

I'm thinking of looking into natural dyes for beeswax, but I also think that's further down the road. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...