I worked on my website today!

iansmommaya

1 hour ago, ShelleyF said:

I'm sorry to hear this happened but am thankful you told us. I've been debating on whether to make separate listings or not. Now I'm going to make separate ones after reading your experience. I also read not to put any other products but the one I'm selling in the listing. Even if I word it as one item the customer can say they thought they were getting all of them. They need to learn to read.

Yeah, read and then reread to ensure the listing is totally clear. 

An ebay listing I wrote a long while ago was entitles Beeswax Candles. The listing was clear That thencandles werepriçed per each, with quantity options. A reviewer noted the listing should have read “beeswax candle” not the plural since they only got one.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Yeah, read and then reread to ensure the listing is totally clear. 

An ebay listing I wrote a long while ago was entitles Beeswax Candles. The listing was clear That thencandles werepriçed per each, with quantity options. A reviewer noted the listing should have read “beeswax candle” not the plural since they only got one.

That is ridiculous and sounds like they were just a scammer. I hate not having other things in my pictures but read if you have props in the picture and the buyer complains you have to give it to them. So I am going to have boring pictures. 

59 minutes ago, Quentin said:

I doubt I'll ever get one up and going. This is out of my league. 

Nah, It really isn't. I use WIX and a template, I changed things around and I am sure website makers all over the world cringe at mine but it's up and working. YOU CAN DO IT!

59 minutes ago, iansmommaya said:

Nah, It really isn't. I use WIX and a template, I changed things around and I am sure website makers all over the world cringe at mine but it's up and working. YOU CAN DO IT!

I thought yours looked really nice.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

What about if someone wants to combine shipping on eBay? Can't they claim they didn't get it all?  Is it not a good idea to combine it?How do you make sure they don't make a claim? 

It’s been a while since I have been on eBay to sell, but combining was not a problem then. The shipment has a spot to copy/paste the tracking number.

The best defense is a good offense. Taking a clue from overseas sellers of light weight things, I take weights in grams of packages, and write it on the box.  For a while I would photograph the packed box if pricey, and send the photo to the customer with the weight to dissuade any thoughts of false claims. Some co-op hosts will video themselves packing the order to again prevent false claims of something not being in the box. Crazy, right?

A big protector, though, is really taping that box to the hilt. Taping the ends and center with bands of packing tape help the package arrive intact. Make it look difficult to break into stealthily. Add stickers or easily identifiable printed washi tape under the clear packing tape as tamper evidence.  Takes seconds, but saves a load of headache later. I also tape padded envelopes as I had someone pry one open and claim I didn’t put things into the package. 🙄 the photos clearly showed it was peeled ever so carefully open yet had tear small marks. Now a wrap of super sticky tape around the closure solves that. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

It’s been a while since I have been on eBay to sell, but combining was not a problem then. The shipment has a spot to copy/paste the tracking number.

The best defense is a good offense. Taking a clue from overseas sellers of light weight things, I take weights in grams of packages, and write it on the box.  For a while I would photograph the packed box if pricey, and send the photo to the customer with the weight to dissuade any thoughts of false claims. Some co-op hosts will video themselves packing the order to again prevent false claims of something not being in the box. Crazy, right?

A big protector, though, is really taping that box to the hilt. Taping the ends and center with bands of packing tape help the package arrive intact. Make it look difficult to break into stealthily. Add stickers or easily identifiable printed washi tape under the clear packing tape as tamper evidence.  Takes seconds, but saves a load of headache later. I also tape padded envelopes as I had someone pry one open and claim I didn’t put things into the package. 🙄 the photos clearly showed it was peeled ever so carefully open yet had tear small marks. Now a wrap of super sticky tape around the closure solves that. 

Thank you so much that's crazy what people do. I definitely am going to be doing this.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:10 AM, TallTayl said:

That washi tape bit it brilliant!

• Like 1