LOVE fall. Record sales today

Crafty1_AJ

This morning at farmer's market was chilly, so I left some of the jar candles in the warm car to prevent wet spots.  Set out the soy candles, lip balms, soaps, and a few pillars.  As I milled about my booth, I noticed the CT from the pillars was making the place smell very fall-ish.  (Apple, pumpkin, vanilla, woodsy scents.)  Then as the morning warmed, I set out the rest of the jar candles.  We had sunshine all day and decent crowds of customers.  There was a surprisingly good chunk of vendors on my side of the square for this time of year.

Sold a LOT of fall scents and a few fresh/clean scents.  Very first customer (a regular) bought a case of 12 candles and 3 bars of soap, not to mention some lip balm.  :)  We had record sales!  Whoot!  Today, we sold DOUBLE what we normally do on a typical farmer's market day.  Gotta. Love. FALL!!  We beat our previous record high by about $50.  Happy dancing.  Not sure if my increased sales were because of the good smell coming from the pillars?  Or the fact that the display was less cluttered because I brought it out more gradually, as things sold?  Or were people just in a really good mood because of the weather?  Who knows.  I'm just thankful for excellent sales today!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I hope that holds true for my first show of the year in 2 weeks. I thought it was much later in the month, but glad I checked. I have so much packaging and labeling to do!! 

It's still in the mid 90°'s here, so hopefully the weather turns so people are in the mood to buy. 

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to you @Crafty1_AJ It's such a rewarding feeling to break your sales records.
I've been doing festivals since August, dealing with heat & sun at least one day at each show 😖
This past weekend was absolutely perfect !

Those crisp days really put folks in a candle buying mood ... One more weekend to go and I'm hoping for a weather repeat😀

I did my first show a week or so ago, in early Oct.  Sales were good!  Typical fall candle scents sold well, such as spice fragrances, and my top-selling soaps were Cinnamon Clove (my blend) and Chai Tea (I use the one from OT).  Turnout at the show was kind of lower than normal, probably due to stormy weather.  But my sales were still about average for what they normally are at this show.  Onward to the rest of my fall / Christmas shows!  :D 

Congrats AJ! I too have been having some good fall sales this season and sales are better than last year as a whole. This past Sunday I was having $30-$50 sales for just about every customer. That adds up fast! 

I have noticed that my candle sales have really picked up this year compared to the last couple of years and that makes me so happee!! Some days I feel candle sales out pace my soap sales and that is very unusual.

26 minutes ago, Candybee said:

I have noticed that my candle sales have really picked up this year compared to the last couple of years

'Tis the season I guess. 

The 2 shows I have done so far this year, have surpassed almost all my other years. Almost to the point to doubling my best year! People must be in the mood to buy!! Of course, this year, it's colder sooner than normal, so maybe that's why? I just don't know, but I'll take it!!