What should i make?

ScentedPleasurez

Holy crap, that's a lot of wax!

I personally am not a fan of soy for tarts, so I can't advise there, but I am really loving the palm wax for shaped tarts! They come out so pretty, and the throw lasts forever. I wish I could get them just a teeeeny bit stronger, but even 6% FO is pushing it with the fragrance load. I don't use the glass glow though, I use CWs Palm so maybe you'd have different results. I do recall some old threads on here about mixing palm and soy, you lose a lot of the crystalization, but it might be fun to play with.

Can I ask, why not candles? The more Palm candles I make, the more I love them. Palm is so easy to work with once you get the hang of it, and the results are absolutely gorgeous.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Before i had my spinal surgery i had ordered a case of ez soy from bc and a bag of glass glow palm from cs. 

I will not make candles with it so i come to ask yall what should i make? 

Ive been thinking on making tarts. 100 lbs of wax sure would make a ton of those 

Do you like making wax chunks ? I am not familiar with soy or palm ,if the wax is soft enough ,you could certainly make alot of chunks .

I have some palm to play with ,waiting for time to experiment a bit with candle making . I love the look of palm candles . If you do not want to make candles ,tarts or chunks will be the solution .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Do you like making wax chunks ?

Ive never made them lol. I only made up clamshells in the past. 

The only candles i do are with the 4627, i havent came close to that wax as far as scent throw from anything that ive tried in the past. I tried and my regulars noticed. 😂

3 hours ago, Sarah S said:

Can I ask, why not candles?

The 4627 throws like crazy. Its super soft like butter so alot do not work with it for that reason,but i love it, it has been the only wax that i will use. The 4630 also had a great h&c throw but nothing is like the 4627

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

The 4627 throws like crazy. Its super soft like butter so alot do not work with it for that reason,but i love it, it has been the only wax that i will use. The 4630 also had a great h&c throw but nothing is like the 4627

I really like 4630 .

Have you ever tried 4636 ? I ordered a slab from Lone Star ,due to good reviews . 

49 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Ive never made them lol. I only made up clamshells in the past. 

The only candles i do are with the 4627, i havent came close to that wax as far as scent throw from anything that ive tried in the past. I tried and my regulars noticed. 😂

You can always offer it for sale here on CS .I am sure many would be interested in this wax 😉

8 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

Have you ever tried 4636

I havent. I will have to go check it out.

7 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

You can always offer it for sale here on CS

I thought about that, im not able to lift that much then have to take it for shipping so it just makes sense to use it up on something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Ah, I know exactly what you mean. Even though I love the palm, I could never give up my beloved CBL125!

3 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

The palm is very pretty once finished. Im going to dip some tp and see what i end up with😂

Ha! That's something I've never tried! You have GOT to post results for that! 😆

On 9/18/2018 at 11:01 AM, ScentedPleasurez said:

Have you ever worked with the 4627?

I did use 4627 years ago & found it to be messy to work with ,so I never really gave it a chance .

I lack patience in candle making

& make lots of melts . I have finally mastered a few scents with 4630 & had great results . I plan to start on more testing soon ,when I can get the time to do so .

I stay so busy with melts & my candle making has been put on the back burner . I have always loved the look of palm candles 😀

1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

I lack patience in candle making

& make lots of melts . I have finally mastered a few scents with 4630 & had great results . I plan to start on more testing soon ,when I can get the time to do so .

I stay so busy with melts & my candle making has been put on the back burner . I have always loved the look of palm candles 😀

Which wax do you use for melts? I really do not want to do the clamshells. I ordered some molds, they should be here sat.

I turn my warmer on i slice the sides of the bag up, i drop it in my wax melter (aka turkey roaster)peel the plastic up as far as i can and let it go from there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Which wax do you use for melts? I really do not want to do the clamshells. I ordered some molds, they should be here sat.

I turn my warmer on i slice the sides of the bag up, i drop it in my wax melter (aka turkey roaster)peel the plastic up as far as i can and let it go from there. 

I use 4630 & 4625 blend for melts & I also use C Wic in house 129 blend for many scents . I do not blend the 129 ,performs good on its own .

I recently ordered some 4636 container to blend with the 4625 .

I have been wanting to test many different combos for a while now .

I also have read JC a member here blends 4794 with 4625 & gets good results . I plan to test this blend as well .

I do like the blend I use ,just enjoy blending waxes & see what I come up with . It's very interesting to me to play around with different formulas. 

I only use 4630 alone when making container candles . I do have some palm on hand to try ,when I find some extra time .

Lol I only have a presto with a spiget for my melting .I have to slice & hammer to break into smaller portions for melting .

The 4630 slices easily & the others I break with a hammer ,kind of fun if my neck is not bothering me .

I have major neck & spine issues & have to take many breaks when super busy .I know what you mean about spine issues ,chronic pain is not a walk in the park . I have good days & bad . I try to stay positive 

& do the best I can . I love my wax crafting & refuse to quit lol.

• Like 2

I liked the 4630. I ordered the 4627 on accident. When i got the box i was like wth is this? I never switched back 

I was going to order some wax from bc because i seen that they had an ez para soy blend. Their ez soy was pretty good but nothing was close to the 4627 lol. I keep asking myself why???? I think just tl offer something with soy. Idk for real. 😯 i also wanted to order a cw blend but i havent put my order in because i dont want to be limited to one supplier for wax..

I have thought about the 4794. 

I will probably just get a slab and doodle with it. 

39 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

I have major neck & spine issues & have to take many breaks when super busy .I know what you mean about spine issues ,chronic pain is not a walk in the park . I have good days & bad . I try to stay positive 

& do the best I can . I love my wax crafting & refuse to quit lol.

Its brutal some days. I went to a new neurologist and she still says that steroid injections is worth a shot. It looks like they didnt even read my history because she told me it didnt look bad enough for surgery. I already had that lol. I will refuse another surgery. 

1 minute ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I liked the 4630. I ordered the 4627 on accident. When i got the box i was like wth is this? I never switched back 

I was going to order some wax from bc because i seen that they had an ez para soy blend. Their ez soy was pretty good but nothing was close to the 4627 lol. I keep asking myself why???? I think just tl offer something with soy. Idk for real. 😯 i also wanted to order a cw blend but i havent put my order in because i dont want to be limited to one supplier for wax..

I have thought about the 4794. 

I will probably just get a slab and doodle with it. 

Its brutal some days. I went to a new neurologist and she still says that steroid injections is worth a shot. It looks like they didnt even read my history because she told me it didnt look bad enough for surgery. I already had that lol. I will refuse another surgery. 

I have had steroid injections ,helps for a little while . I have not had surgery & do not plan to kwim.

I have spinal stenosis & let me tell you ,it is awful at times . I have to it in my cervical & thoratic spine .

I get most of my pain in my neck area & I tend to aggravate things alot by being hard headed . I should not lift more than 3lbs ,do I listen NO lol.

A slab of wax is 10 & I have been known to lift way more . Lol my grandson is a year old & he weighs near 30 lbs. I pick him up constantly & pay dearly afterwards. I am pretty hard headed & determined to stay as active as possible,being 55 with this condition is certainly no fun .

I just keep on keeping on. I pour my wax ,along with gardening & many other task. I am a work Aholic lol.

It sounds like your doctor actually needs to read your chart right .

Did the surgery help you at all? 

I am no way going to let them cut into my spine .The surgery does not have a great success rate & just to terrified of ever getting surgery . I do not think it's worth the risk at all. I admire your determination with candle making ,after going thru such a major surgery.

I look forward to the new waxes I ordered & results.

I may have to try some 4627 again after reading your post lol. I just remember the wax being really soft & greasy . I think it would be worth the mess if performance turned out  really great . 

1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

have spinal stenosis & let me tell you ,it is awful at times . I have to it in my cervical & thoratic spine .

I have the same. Plus bulging disc in the lower portion of my spine which is what i originally  had the surgery on, after two years of seeing the same orthopedic dr that did my surgery i refused to back. His assistant never told him that i had fallen after my surgery, and i wonder if that had some issues. I had seemed to be getting better but i went for an appointment which was my last and i sit there for nearly 2 hours. When they finally called me back i could barely get up, i got home and had to get help to even get out.

I went to a second neurologist and he was a waste of time. I finally have now my third neurologist 2nd orthopedic and the surgery did nothing for me. ....... its been a bumpy road. My motivation came from a few of my customers,mainly the ones that i had to see when picking up my meds lol. Omg this one said everytime " you know i only buy your candles and ive been out awhile lol"  so i finally  gave in😂😂😂

People do not understand the pain unless they experience it. 

You can get the turkey roaster at walmart for $20-25.  Right before thanksgiving they are $20 online lol if u decide to try it

• Like 2

On 9/19/2018 at 10:26 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

I have the same. Plus bulging disc in the lower portion of my spine which is what i originally  had the surgery on, after two years of seeing the same orthopedic dr that did my surgery i refused to back. His assistant never told him that i had fallen after my surgery, and i wonder if that had some issues. I had seemed to be getting better but i went for an appointment which was my last and i sit there for nearly 2 hours. When they finally called me back i could barely get up, i got home and had to get help to even get out.

I went to a second neurologist and he was a waste of time. I finally have now my third neurologist 2nd orthopedic and the surgery did nothing for me. ....... its been a bumpy road. My motivation came from a few of my customers,mainly the ones that i had to see when picking up my meds lol. Omg this one said everytime " you know i only buy your candles and ive been out awhile lol"  so i finally  gave in😂😂😂

People do not understand the pain unless they experience it. 

You can get the turkey roaster at walmart for $20-25.  Right before thanksgiving they are $20 online lol if u decide to try it

I know exactly how you feel ,your correct no one can possibly know how bad the pain is ,unless they have the same condition . That's so sad about your fall , unbelievable . 

I have finally found a great doctor & he is very helpful . He does not believe in surgery ,unless  it is absolutely necessary . I respect him for that kwim. I know surgery would be my last resort & I am doing ok for now . I have ok days & not so good days as well . 

I am glad you still make your crafts & this does help in my opinion to stay as active as possible. I probably have this in my lower as well ,just never got a MRI on the lower spine ,it bothers me ,not near as much or often as my neck thou .

I do  realize the pain you have to face. I deal with chronic pain so much & it's become a part of life now . We just somehow learn to deal with it .

I just stay positive as I possibly can & keep strong . I refuse to quit & love pouring wax ,making bath bombs & car freshners . I also  love cooking & gardening .I love your waffle melts ,just saw your pic,awsome . 

Edited by katmeltswax
Spelling error
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I did 2 dipped tp. I have 1 left. I'm not happy with it. I didn't get the feathering but I also am not getting a good fo throw. 

Pretty sure my nose is messed up since I'm having severe allergy issues.

Maybe give it a couple weeks? How much FO did you use?

I have noticed that the CT for my palm candles gets crazy strong after about 3-4 weeks. To the point where I almost don't need to light them to fragrance the room. That's at 6% load.