Presto Pot Melters

Yes. Double boiling defeats the whole purpose of having a presto in the first place. Not sure where the poster is getting debris out of the pot. Never had such a problem. Never had to clean my pot out either since I don't use the same pot for different waxes. When I'm finished for my project, I let the wax cool completely, cover it up with the lid to keep the dust out, and when I'm ready a few months later for the next time, I just warm it up and go again.

• Thanks 1

I only have 1 presto pot and read this before using it.   The other night I made candles with 3 different fragrances, using it as a double boiler.   Since I only have 1 presto it was convenient to just use 3 different pouring pitchers.   I haven't tried using that spout yet but at this stage of the game I would rather pour.    

• Thanks 1

I’ve been thinking about a presto pot because I’m tired of the double boil method I have been using....(think this part is a stupid question but here goes...) what do you use to get the wax from the presto pot to your pouring pitcher?  I’m sure there are a million different things you could use ...lead me somewhere please!

30 minutes ago, The Candle Nook said:

I’ve been thinking about a presto pot because I’m tired of the double boil method I have been using....(think this part is a stupid question but here goes...) what do you use to get the wax from the presto pot to your pouring pitcher?  I’m sure there are a million different things you could use ...lead me somewhere please!

Just make it yourself, its real easy. If you can't then there are plenty of places that sell them already made.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, The Candle Nook said:

Not a dumb question at all... if the presto is full I label into a pour pot. If not quite full I’ve learned how to pour right from the presto into waiting pour pots.  If somewhere in between, or if I’m making loads of different scents, I pour into a wide pitcher then dispense into small pour pots.  The possibilities are endless! Prestos are the best! I own 3 big and 3 small. None have spouts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/30/2019 at 9:54 PM, TallTayl said:

Not a dumb question at all... if the presto is full I label into a pour pot. If not quite full I’ve learned how to pour right from the presto into waiting pour pots.  If somewhere in between, or if I’m making loads of different scents, I pour into a wide pitcher then dispense into small pour pots.  The possibilities are endless! Prestos are the best! I own 3 big and 3 small. None have spouts. 

This answered one of my questions, but I would like to know more about the ladle you use. I just got my first Presto Pot and I was thinking about getting some glass beakers with handles to get the wax into the pour pot. I'll never need to fill it so maybe I just need to pour directly from the Presto, OTOH given my history that seems like a risky thing to do.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Tabiann said:

If you put in a large amount of wax but don't use it all is it safe to turn the pot off and reuse the wax later?

Yes.  That is how I do it.  Just add more wax as needed.  Occasionally when the wax gets low I use it up and wipe out the presto.

Edited by franu61
  • Like 1