So Many Waxes

I'm having such a hard time finding a wax that works for me. I've used 464, 415 and joy wax from Nature's Garden. Nothing I do gets a good hot throw from any of them. I'm open to any kind of wax except beeswax. I'm currently working with joy wax and I love working with it, it's justreally picky about the fragrances and as for the two soy waxes I've used i got zero got throw from either. I've done tons of testing with wicks, fragrance amounts, temperatures. Sofar I've had the best luckwith joy wax. I'm most definitely done with the soy. Any tips or suggestions on different waxes. I'd really love to try just paraffin.

• Thanks 1

@Courtney, there are many here who use and love soy, and get fantastic results from it. I am not one of them. 😆

No patience for all that!!

My favorite paraffin wax is Candlewic's CBL125. It is super easy to use, and consistently gives me great results. I use HTP wicks with it, but Premiers work too, and zincs.

If you'd rather try something from a major manufacturer, IGI 4630 is really easy to work with as well, and is very similar to the 125.

IGI 4627 is another power house thrower, although it's a little messy.

You CAN get great candles with soy! It just takes patience and a lot of testing. I was not very impressed with Joy wax, personally, so it could very well be the wax and not you!

I'd suggest going into the veggie wax forum and perusing some topics about 464, 415, and C3 to see what other soy users have to say. We have a lot of soy gurus here that could shed some light on the topic for you!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Courtney said:

I'm most definitely done with the soy. Any tips or suggestions on different waxes. I'd really love to try just paraffin.

I've only been doing this candle stuff for about a year + a couple of months. I consider myself a beginner, so the only advice I can give to you is what I was told on this forum. I too thought that my problem had to be the wax or just "weak" fragrances. I started with pillars and paraffin from the beginning. Disaster after disaster, including candles that caught on fire! Some of these were actually quite dramatic.:faint: But to get to my point (finally) the really good stuff the folks here finally convinced me of, is the critical importance of paying close attention to temperatures and the timing of when you add your ingredients.  I was doing things all wrong when it came to that topic. After all, what difference should it make when I put the dye in as long as it melted and mixed in, right?:huh: WRONG! Once I decided to go along with what they were trying to tell me, things started to change for the better. When they see your topic posted here, you will most likely get the same advice. Don't waste time like I did.:whistling:  Just go along and do what they say. Don't give up on soy either, even though it can feel sticky, gooey, and just plain yucky.:lol: 

• Like 1

It would probably be easier and cheaper to troubleshoot what you've already got rather than jumping into something totally new.  If you're inclined to try and figure out what the problem is, let us know what wax, wick, FO, container you're using and we'll see if we can help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1