schmee123

adding beeswax to coconut and ugly jar adhesion

Recently I have been experimenting more with adding a tiny amount of beeswax to my coconut wax to help with the burn. (.25oz per 8oz of coco)

The jar adhesion looks so ugly. Normally when I use the coconut wax on its own, the wax adheres perfect even without preheating the jars.

But with beeswax it has a streaky look, or maybe it's jump lines? I've tried hand washing the jars as well as washing in the dishwasher, I've also tried preheating them. 

I think I read that beeswax isn't really meant for containers. So is this just something I am going to have to deal with or is there a way to fix it from looking this ugly?

IMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2555.JPG

It's certainly shrinking away from the glass, even at the top of the candle.  It seems that maybe beeswax in combination with your coconut wax isn't a good match ...?  I wonder would happen if you were to add just a hint of coconut oil to soften it up? 

What are you trying to achieve by adding the BW? What coconut wax are you using? So that is 3% you are adding it at, right? Does it do this if you add it at 1 or 2%? Are you pouring hot enough? Many coconut waxes say to pour close to 200 to get jar adhesion. 

You’re hardening the wax and lessening the adhesion. Try half of what you added. You can also heat your glasses that can help as well.