Sign in to follow this  
strugglebrother

Primo Wax Melter

Have anyone tried out the Primo Wax Melters from Waxmelters?

http://www.waxmelters.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=primo&Search.x=12&Search.y=10

We are finally expanding and I have my eyes on the 150lb melter! It looks easy to clean between scents as I look to blend straight in the melter.

They as advertised as faster than the water melter and have a digital temperature control. I'm pretty sure PF Candle Co have one or two in their facility and you can upgrade it with a hose if you expand later

I'm debating about the 150 Primo or a Coogar Melter.

Have anyone had any experience of the Coogars? They have been around for years. The cheaper model seems a bit too fragile without the stainless steel sides...

CS Melter https://coogarproducts.com/melters/cs-melter/ Price $1150

CS Melter Semi Elite https://coogarproducts.com/melters/cs-semi-elite/ Price $1445

VS

Primo 150 http://www.waxmelters.com/PRIMO150-Eco-Melting-Tank-p/primo-150-wax-melter.htm Price $1695

Somehow I have a feeling the Primo is slightly better as the design is newer and also easier to clean as it's round on the inside. But hey, there is also tried and tested.

Anyone have any of these melters and use/used them?

Hi Gills,

We bought the Primo150 but we are having problems with it. It takes a long time to melt larger amounts of wax (6 hours!!!) and the last 15lb of wax gets heated unevenly.

We are currently speaking with tech support about it, they claim this is not normal behavior, and are working on a fix.

I can report back if we can fix this if you want a proper review of it. If this can be fixed it seems like a really good melter, if not.. well

• Like 2

On 1/7/2019 at 10:07 AM, strugglebrother said:

Hi Gills,

We bought the Primo150 but we are having problems with it. It takes a long time to melt larger amounts of wax (6 hours!!!) and the last 15lb of wax gets heated unevenly.

We are currently speaking with tech support about it, they claim this is not normal behavior, and are working on a fix.

I can report back if we can fix this if you want a proper review of it. If this can be fixed it seems like a really good melter, if not.. well

Interesting! I didn't have a good customer service interaction with waxmelters.com so I ended up purchasing the Coogar CS Semi Elite and eagerly awaiting it's delivery.

Good luck with the Primo issues! Hopefully it's just a simple malfunction.

I'll let you know how it goes with the Coogar.

• Like 1

Yes, I am not having a great time with their customer support right now.

They have weird explanations instead of solutions and are blaming me more than taking my issues and fixing them. If it continues I will report them to BBB. They advertise that their melters will hold an accurate temperature of - + 1 but then now I'm hearing from them that the last 33% of the tank always has to be filled with wax for the machine to work. That is about 50lb of wax in my 150lb melter. Something they withheld from me when I bought that tank. They are still advertising the accuracy so I might have a case against them if it comes to it. 

I should probably have gone with a Coogar... Please let me know how they work.