Suggestions for Fragrance Buddy Oils????

Trappeur

Just now, katmeltswax said:

Dang Trapp ,You can pour circles around me lol....I do not know how you manage to pour soooo many at once . 

Lol I feel you on the $ ,it's a never ending cycle right . I can manage to spend all my profits on oils in no time. 

Hey it takes $ to make money right lol...

I even jumped in on 2 lb bottles of scents I have never even tested .lol they sounded good ,so went ahead & purchased lol. I usually do NOT ever do that lol...

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

I could see how that is misleading...I really could.   They say through the 4'th at 12 AM.....Well it's not even through the entire day but at the minute of the day  right when the 4'th starts....but yes 12 AM would be midnight of the 3'rd....Did I just say that?

Trappeur

Yah.... But I'm glad that you also see how it was a bit misleading.  I was legit ready to place my order last night about 10:30 pm but figured ya know what maybe I can help my friend and help Fragrance Buddy at the same time so I waited and checked with my friend this morning.  😔  So I'm truly hoping they will honor it for me still as I emailed them when this all happened.  The funny thing is I still had. It even known the sale was over.  I tried entering the $5 off coupon code I had and it erased the LABORDAY code I already had entered from the other day.  So I erased the $5 off code and tried re-entering the LABORDAY one and it kept saying invalid.  At this point I'm thinking you gals are right that it ended at 12 am on the 3rd.  I just hope they see where I thought it was midnight the 4th as I had 17 # bottles in my cart.  If they won't honor it, I will not be ordering this go round.... 😔   But I am happy that kat thought the same and you gals see how misleading it was.  Not that they did it on purpose at l, it's just better to say it the way they gave always said it and say it ends at midnight on the 4th or midnight on the 3rd.  It's far more clear.  

• Like 1

Got my FB order yesterday already! I thought they would be backlogged and the order would be delayed.

I am pleased with all I got OOB.  I especially like the Pumpkin Sugared Donut. Yum!

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar smells nuttier than JS, which smell more buttery than nutty to me.  C&BS seems to be a fragrance that smells different from different suppliers.  I used to have some from Mill Creek and it was different too if I recall.

I was very pleasantly surprised at Lavender Fields. I have had Lavender from different suppliers and haven't really liked any of them.  I'm not a Lavender fan, but I actually like this one. FB description says it's a true Lavender with light floral notes.

Fairy Garden is fruity and strong.  I smell some grape I think.  But it doesn't smell like Kool-aide which is a plus to me.

Vanilla Bean Noel is the only one I'm not sure of.  I'll have to put it in wax to see if it's as good as the VBN from Flaming or ICS.

The other two I got were Spiced Apples & Peaches and Salted Caramel which I needed to restock.  They are both pretty popular with customers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

Got my FB order yesterday already! I thought they would be backlogged and the order would be delayed.

I am pleased with all I got OOB.  I especially like the Pumpkin Sugared Donut. Yum!

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar smells nuttier than JS, which smell more buttery than nutty to me.  C&BS seems to be a fragrance that smells different from different suppliers.  I used to have some from Mill Creek and it was different too if I recall.

I was very pleasantly surprised at Lavender Fields. I have had Lavender from different suppliers and haven't really liked any of them.  I'm not a Lavender fan, but I actually like this one. FB description says it's a true Lavender with light floral notes.

Fairy Garden is fruity and strong.  I smell some grape I think.  But it doesn't smell like Kool-aide which is a plus to me.

Vanilla Bean Noel is the only one I'm not sure of.  I'll have to put it in wax to see if it's as good as the VBN from Flaming or ICS.

The other two I got were Spiced Apples & Peaches and Salted Caramel which I needed to restock.  They are both pretty popular with customers.

Lucky You Gail,I am still waiting for my order ,hope it receive it today .

The fruit note your smelling in Fairy Garden is actually blackberry & your going to love this one ,well I think  you will lol...

It is definitely not a Kool aid scent .

Fairy Garden is a dupe of Philosophy Falling in Love scent from many years ago .A beautiful floral fruity scent .

I do pick up a Mulberry note too, however it is actually blackberry . This scent is super duper strong & you can actually cut back on it if you want kwim. A lil bit goes a long long way  

The spicy apples & peach sounds really great ,I will have to order this one on the next go round . 

I to need to back off from buying oils for a while ,. I am going to grab a few from RE & Bitter Creek ,then I need to stop for sure . Oh also some I have been wanting to try from Nature's Items lol...

It's just so dang hard to pass up the sales right .

• Like 1

I just received my order a few minutes ago .

I really like the Champagne & Pomegranite ,may add a bit more pom to this one ,heavy on the Champagne ,however smells awesome oob .

I like a bit more fruit,so can be fixed easily by adding  more pom.

S'mores smells delicious !!!

I also ordered a sample of Blueberry maple Pancakes ,can't wait to test this one ,great oob,

can smell the blueberry & maple .

Celestial Sea smells really good oob ,softer fresh deep ocean blend ,no heavy citrus detected just a mellow sea & a hint of masculine note ,just a tad thou.I think this one will be great for ocean scent fans . It is a very unique compared to other ocean scents  . I will say one of my all time fav is Sea Witch ,thanks to Gail lol...Love this one .

I also like Aztecs Coastal & Sea Minerals (love) I call this one Mermaid Island lol

C sea is a keeper imo.One cannot have to many ocean scents right .

Pumpkin pie Perfection ,is just that pumpkin pie without too much spice . I like it !

Hot cocoa dreams a winner ,not to heavy on the chocolate & will make a great blender scent ,maybe a spalsh in the S'mores will be great.

Lol I have my Fall supply of FB mulberry now ,go thru 3 lbs of this one , best Mulberry I have ever found .Mulberry sells great in car freshners during the Fall as well. 

I hope everyone is super Happy with your orders .I am a happy camper oob thus far . Let the testing begin 😉 

Kat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GailC said:

Lol Gail ,I thought you said mulberry earlier when I posted back to you about the FG ,you said grape lol.  Think I have mulberry on the brain lately kwim.

Well anyways sorry about that ,I wanted to  explain my last post to you lol... The fruit in FG is blackberry ,lol I have been staying up late nights making alot of mulberry melts & car freshners . 

Well I hope you end up loving.the 

Fairy Garden as much as I do lol

Kat

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 9:02 AM, GailC said:

So glad to hear that you are happy with your FB order OOB.  For the C&BS from FB would you say that you actually like it better than the one from JS OOB?  

Then the Lavender Fields... Is this one more Herbal or Fresh?  Or maybe even sweet?  Please LMK as that is one I had my eyes on initially.  

Then finally for the VBN.... Do you prefer it from ICS or FC?  Or are they similarly strong throwers?  I need a good VBN.  I will be picking up the one from WSP when they have their 20% off sale but for now I need some but don't want to pay $40 a lb.

i do also love their spiced apple & peaches.  It's an amazing thrower in my wax.  I do love their salted caramel too.  But FC also has a wonderful Salted Caramel.  Thanks so much Gail!  😇

On 9/21/2018 at 2:14 AM, Marleigha said:

So glad to hear that you are happy with your FB order OOB.  For the C&BS from FB would you say that you actually like it better than the one from JS OOB?  

Then the Lavender Fields... Is this one more Herbal or Fresh?  Or maybe even sweet?  Please LMK as that is one I had my eyes on initially.  

Then finally for the VBN.... Do you prefer it from ICS or FC?  Or are they similarly strong throwers?  I need a good VBN.  I will be picking up the one from WSP when they have their 20% off sale but for now I need some but don't want to pay $40 a lb.

i do also love their spiced apple & peaches.  It's an amazing thrower in my wax.  I do love their salted caramel too.  But FC also has a wonderful Salted Caramel.  Thanks so much Gail!  😇

I haven't put FB Chestnuts & Brown Sugar in wax yet, so I can't say if I like it better than Just Scent's yet.  As I said, they do smell different. JS; more buttery. FB; more nutty, at least to my nose.

Lavender Fields is a little sweet I think...I really can't describe it well.  I just like it OOB.

VBN smells similar to Flaming Candles OOB.  Again, I won't know if I prefer it from FB until I use it.  It's been so long since I've have some from ICS.  I just remember it was very good too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

So you like VBN from Indiana Candle Gail?   A good thrower?

Which is your favorite supplier of VBN?

Trappeur

It's been years since I've had VBN from Indiana Candle Trappeur.  I just remember I liked it.

The only other one I've used is VBN from Flaming Candle and I think it is good.  I will have to see about the one from FB once I put it into wax.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GailC said:

It's been years since I've had VBN from Indiana Candle Trappeur.  I just remember I liked it.

The only other one I've used is VBN from Flaming Candle and I think it is good.  I will have to see about the one from FB once I put it into wax.  

Yes thank you Gail.  I am on a mission to find the perfect VBN.  I have 2 (JS VBN and NG Mrs Claus Cookies) I do like them, just want to find "THE"  perfect one.  😇  

• 3 months later...

Just ordered these with their sale.  Clearly I have a problem!!  :)

Cinnamon Broom Fragrance
Cucumber Melon Fragrance
Lemon Pound Cake Fragrance
Mulberry Fragrance
Mulled Cider Fragrance
Spiced Apple and Peaches Fragrance
PEACE FRAGRANCE
Vanilla Ice Cream Fragrance
Iced Cranberry Type Fragrance
November Rain Type Fragrance
Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Type Fragrance
Gaia MW Type Fragrance
Sea Witch MW Type Fragrance
Lavender Sage MW Type Fragrance
Fall Festival MW Fragrance
Bergamot Tobacco MW Type Fragrance
Goddess MW Type Fragrance
Spring Meadow by BBW Type Fragrance
This Old House Type Fragrance
EXONERATED FRAGRANCE
BLONDE MOMENT Fragrance
Smores Type Fragrance

Edited by Scented

2 hours ago, Sunday said:

I don't see a problem hahahaha ....have you tried any of them before Paintguru or are they all new to you?

All new and just 1 oz sample sizes.  Just what I needed was another FO supplier though!  Trying to narrow down my final candle lineup with a good selection of diverse choices, and it looks like plenty of folks here like them, so I figured I'd give them a shot.  

Just got the order.  Some interesting OOB smells.  I particularly like the Lemon Pound Cake, Mulberry, November Rain, Spiced Apple/Peaches, and Lavender Sage.  We'll see how everything performs in wax. 

I will say the Smores reminds me of Hot Cocoa from NG.  I smelled both next to each other and I'd say the Hot Cocoa is a bit more cocoa-y.  I don't get much toasted marshmallow from the FB Smores.  

2 hours ago, Paintguru said:

Just got the order.  Some interesting OOB smells.  I particularly like the Lemon Pound Cake, Mulberry, November Rain, Spiced Apple/Peaches, and Lavender Sage.  We'll see how everything performs in wax. 

I will say the Smores reminds me of Hot Cocoa from NG.  I smelled both next to each other and I'd say the Hot Cocoa is a bit more cocoa-y.  I don't get much toasted marshmallow from the FB Smores.  

Two of my best selling candles are Lemon Pound Cake and Spiced Apples & Peaches from FB.  

16 hours ago, Paintguru said:

Do you do Apples/Peaches year round or just in the fall/holidays?  I'm not sure which way to go on it.  

I just do it in the fall/winter.  Most spicy scents I offer in the fall and winter months although some people like to burn spicy candles year round, especially the cinnamon ones.

In the spring/month months I offer straight up apple scents like Apple Orchard without the spice.  For peach, my favorite is Peach Magnolia Raspberry and Georgia Peach from Aztec has been popular.

Edited by GailC
  • Like 1