Krickett

Curing multiple scents at once, is it possible?

Holy scent batman lol

So question for you all as I'm just starting out with trial and error/testers for my friends to test.

I'm curing crystal potpourri and have been doing the scents one by one in an open sterling silver bowl for the salts to "dry" and absorb the fragrance oil overnight. One day my home smells like clean linen, the next pink berry & tonka, now today it's pumpkin spice lol 

So is there a way to "cure" and dry out the salts more than one fragrance oil at a time? If so, what methods are best? Will the salts absorb in a mason jar like aroma beads do?

Thanks for any input!

I would be interested in responses to this as well.  I made some solar salt crystal potpourri two weeks ago and mixed it in medium Pyrex glass measuring cups.  The top third is dry, the bottom is still damp.  Yes, did add more salt to the glass container.  I have been stirring every day.  I did take some of the dry off the top, put it in a small metal container and have been warming that on an electric tart warmer.  Smell is going strong for a few days.  Added five drops of fragrance oil a couple days ago, and still smells good.  Scenting one large room.

Now, I read somewhere that others spread these salts out on a cookie sheet to dry.  I will be trying that next unless someone else comes up with a better idea.  I certainly don't want the fragrance to dissipate because I'm drying it incorrectly. :)

GoldieMN

I use a #5 plastic container with lid and shake it and flip it until it dries. Drying time depends on your batch size. 1 lb usually takes a few days. I haven't made any in a while, but I'm thinking it was 3 or 4 days. ?

Got that tip from these boards and it works pretty good. You can make as many fragrances as containers you have!

• Like 1

Put them in some type of jar instead of open containers and just shake periodically and they will eventually soak up the fo and then you can do as many batches as you want.  Although I doubt the scent in the air will carry to each other in open containers from batch to batch, just may smell overpowering with many going at once and in my head I'd be losing scent.

• Like 1