Eyeballs and Wachs Wax Paint

Hopie

Okay, so I finally got around to posting my wax figures after painting their eyeballs, etc. I found this paint that is actually made in Germany that is made of wax, and it does have the shiny finish I was going for. I found it on Amazon. The Smiley and Alien really came alive, huh? Nope, I'm sure no artist, but I just haaad to give them the whimsy they deserved :lol:

IMG_20180824_134251.jpg

• Like 6

On 8/24/2018 at 4:52 PM, Hopie said:

Okay, so I finally got around to posting my wax figures after painting their eyeballs, etc. I found this paint that is actually made in Germany that is made of wax, and it does have the shiny finish I was going for. I found it on Amazon. The Smiley and Alien really came alive, huh? Nope, I'm sure no artist, but I just haaad to give them the whimsy they deserved :lol:

IMG_20180824_134251.jpg

Hi Hopie.  They look awesome!!  I tried searching for this paint but no luck 😕.  Would you mind sharing?  

1 hour ago, barbaranj said:

Hi Hopie.  They look awesome!!  I tried searching for this paint but no luck 😕.  Would you mind sharing?  

Do a search on Amazon for Viva Decor Liquid Wax Pens. There are two listings, I bought the one with the most colors, one of them only had a limited color selection, it's sold by Treasuresbyina. They do come with a fine tip, but it can get a little "gloppy" if applying directly ( I tried that first). I used a small paint brush and it worked better. I was able to clean the brush with a wet paper towel, so I can reuse the brush.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, barbaranj said:

Thanks so much Hopie, for the info and for the application tips!  Looking foward to more of your creations! 

You are truly welcome! I've got a skull mold I'm going to pour later tonight, lol! I got a pumpkin and skull for the upcoming Halloween season, I have to devise my own "pumpkin orange" and had to wait for the white dye chips to arrive for the skull, as I wanted a pure white skull. Maybe I'll make a few, and give one of them red eyeballs?  :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, they are too much fun to unmold and make them "come alive", heehee. My Kingman customers will love the whimsy of them! They also buy a lot of incense and oils from me. Haven't been melting any wax since we got back to Lake Havasu, temps were topping out at 113 degrees, and finally "cooling" a little to about 105 degrees. Can't wait for cooler nights so I can melt wax! I've got skull, pumpkin and cactus molds I'm dyin' to play with! :lol:

• Like 1