CANDLE SCIENCE 1 OZ SAMPLE SALE- 99 CENTS

Marleigha

13 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

CS's cotton candy is my FAVORITE cotton candy. I also really love their Raspberry Sangria, and if you don't make soap/bb items it's a good one because it's not skin safe. Found that out AFTER I ordered it, but I love it. I *think* that's where I got the Violet Lime and loved it. I also really like their cucumber mint. There are several others, but those are the ones right off the top of my head from them that I love. . 

Thank You @Jcandleattic  I actually did end up adding the Raspberry Sangria but the Violet Lime has been discontinued.  I have 2# well about 1 1/2 pounds of WSP Cotton Candy so will try the CC at a later date.  Thanks again for your help.  Much appreciated!!! 😇

11 hours ago, RedRoomGraduate said:

Red Ginger Saffron is one of my favorites! It is a STRONG and very true to life ginger scent, so if you aren't a fan of the smell of fresh ginger you won't like it, but if you are you'll absolutely love it. 

So excited!  Thank you!  The Red Ginger Saffron is one of the pound sizes I just went for.  I think it was @Scented that suggested this one to me as well as Red Saffron from RE.  I didn't get to try the red Saffron from RE so grabbed this one.  😇  TFS!  

7 hours ago, Sunday said:

so tell me how you really feel about the pumpkin souffle Marleigha hahahaha.

..looks like I will be SOL with another purchase from Candle science...apparently their computer system can't handle it if you have a Canadian credit card...although my shipping address is in Washington state...They told me it would be straightened out last sale and it looks like nothing was done...oh well

LMAO!  I seriously fell head over heels in love with their Pumpkin Soufflé.  This is one I was so grateful I tried first from CS.  It's a year round staple for me.  

And OH NOOO!!!! Couldn't you call them Monday morning and tell them what happened and that it wouldn't go through again and see what they say?  That's terrible!  I'm so sorry!!! I hope they fix it for you.  😕

11 hours ago, Hopie said:

These are the ones I ordered, really wanted to try the Pumpkin Souffle as well as others.

Cedarwood Vanilla 1 oz Bottle      

Cinnamon and Vanilla 1 oz Bottle      
ECO 14 6" Pretabbed Wick 12 pc Bag      
ECO 4 6" Pretabbed Wick 12 pc Bag      
ECO 6 6" Pretabbed Wick 12 pc Bag      
Dragon's Blood 1 oz Bottle      
Very Vanilla 1 oz Bottle      
Strudel and Spice 1 oz Bottle      
Sandalwood 1 oz Bottle      
Red Ginger Saffron 1 oz Bottle      
Pumpkin Souffle 1 oz Bottle      
Plumeria 1 oz Bottle      
Nag Champa 1 oz Bottle      
Mistletoe 1 oz Bottle      
Macintosh Apple 1 oz Bottle      
Lavender 1 oz Bottle      
Himalayan Bamboo 1 oz Bottle      
Fresh Coffee 1 oz Bottle      
Frankincense and Myrrh 1 oz Bottle      
Coriander and Tonka 1 oz Bottle      
Christmas Hearth 1 oz Bottle      
Chocolate Fudge 1 oz Bottle      

Black Cherry 1 oz Bottle

I really liked their Macintosh apple, the sandalwood is pretty good, too. Also liked their Cinnamon Vanilla. I got the White Birch free, so that will be a fun one to try.

I hope that you enjoy everything you ordered!  I'm sure that you will love the pumpkin Soufflé.  If you like anything pumpkin I'm certain you will.... It's out of this world!  Please keep us posted on your thoughts when they arrive & you get to sniff them.  😇

5 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I was going to try this one but i ordered 4 1lb bottles of pumpkin something and they are all overbearing spice imo. Made my stomach churn while blending them lol. I would like a pure pumpkin of some sorts

Ugh!  So sorry to hear that!  What were the overbearing pumpkin spice bottles you ordered?  I can almost guarantee you would fall in love with CS Pumpkin Soufflé.  My husband absolutely loves when I make this one and always wants to melt it when I'm not making it.  LOL.  He goes to work and comes home with orders because he melts PS & other wax in his office at work. 😇  

5 hours ago, GailC said:

I Haven't tried CS Clean Cotton so can't compare the two. And I am terrible at describing fragrances.  I just smelled Cotton Tree and it is clean and fresh, not just soapy smelling.  

My favorite Cotton FO is HIgh Cotton from Mill Creek so I stick to that one or Sea Island Cotton from Cierra which I also really like.

I am trying my best to avoid buying more FO's since I have two cabinets just full of 1 pounds bottles.  I was on a buying frenzy for awhile.  :) 

Oh okay.  Sadly I had to end up placing my order literally at like 3 minutes until midnight and they had sold out of a few 1 oz bottles so I ended up getting a 1# bottle of Cotton Tree as well as about 15 others.  I failed yet again and got sucked into the 99 cent sale and got 45-50 more 1 oz bottles ugh!  Not that I need them!  Well the good news is my friend is just starting so I will give her some for her MP soap journey.  I need to do what you did Gail!  I have been buying like a mad woman!  It's CRAZY!!! And I have so much so you would think I would stop?!???? NOPE!  I seriously think this is an addiction for some of us waxies/soap makers! 😬  Well,  It could certainly be worse!    

Oh oh adding a response to the RE Pipe Smoke FO.... Shocked that you don't like this one.  Is it OOB that you don't like it or in wax?  

Edited by Marleigha
Added on

6 hours ago, Marleigha said:

.  I failed yet again and got sucked into the 99 cent sale and got 45-50 more 1 oz bottles ugh!  Not that I need them!  Well the good news is my friend is just starting so I will give her some for her MP soap journey.  I need to do what you did Gail!  I have been buying like a mad woman!  It's CRAZY!!! And I have so much so you would think I would stop?!???? NOPE!  I seriously think this is an addiction for some of us waxies/soap makers! 😬  Well,  It could certainly be worse!    

I've stopped telling people I make candles and on my husbands insistence I now tell them I'm a fragrance collector...you know it's true when you would rather be perusing fragrance websites than make candles...I'm embracing it...don't drink....don't smoke...but I LOVE putting fragrances in my cart...could be worse...I used to be crazy about dahlia websites and had 800 in my garden....now that was a lot of work!....these little babies just sit on my shelves waiting for me.

• Haha 1

@Sunday 800 dahlias?????  Wow!  I imagine your flower garden was a beautiful sight to see.  I can't grow anything hardly.  

For some reason my overwhelming urge to buy, buy, buy fragrance oils has simmered down.  I just want to use what I have for awhile. But whenever I need to reorder some of my staples, I'm sure I will add a new one or two.  I am trying to hold out till the Black Friday sales.  Or Fragrance Buddy's 20% off sale.  I love that one!  

Every once in a while, I get out one of my boxes of samples and sniff away.  I would also like to try some blends, which would make new fragrances.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GailC said:

800 dahlias?????  Wow!  I imagine your flower garden was a beautiful sight to see.  I can't grow anything hardly.  

LOVED them Gail...I knew each by name ....so much fun growing dahlias...but we moved and sadIy had to let them go.....but I have one more weakness....TEACUPS

I hope my desire to buy fragrances settles down as well ....you give me hope....I too like to go out to my shop and sniff them...(gosh that sounds ridiculous hahaha)

DSCN5844 (Small).JPG

DSCN1510.JPG

IMG_3624.JPG

• Like 4

@Marleigha, I bought the Pipe Smoke per special request from my cousin who wanted a large order of melts, but ended up buying 4 packs I think.

I don't hate the scent, but it's sure not one I would ever burn for myself.  I've tried 2 or 3 smokey scents through the years, but my customers just don't buy them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marleigha said:

And OH NOOO!!!! Couldn't you call them Monday morning and tell them what happened and that it wouldn't go through again and see what they say?  That's terrible!  I'm so sorry!!! I hope they fix it for you.  😕

I'll give it a shot on Monday Marleigha...fingers crossed...but honestly if it doesn't work out I will just move on to another supplier

• Like 1

@Sunday, Your flowers were gorgeous!  I have a jigsaw puzzle that looks like the up close flower picture...I haven't tackled it yet.  :) 

It must have been heart wrenching to move off and leave them.  I hope the new owners appreciated the treasure they were getting.  

I love teacups too!  And tea pots.  Nine years ago, I was at a garage sale, and a lady was selling her grandma's old cups and saucers.  Out of the blue, the thought popped in my head that those cups would make pretty candles.  And thus it began.  For a few years, I made candles in cups and mugs, mostly from the Goodwill.  Then I got interested in the beautiful bone china cups and saucers from England.  I had a booth at a flea market and sold my candles, as well as tea cups and saucers and lots of other goods.  But the cup candles just didn't sell at the booth, although I had sold a bunch outside of the booth.  So in 2014, I found some round jars to make pumpkin candles and the jar candles sold much better.  Then my supplier quit carrying those jars, so in January of 2015, I found a new jar, designed my own label and Colby Creek Candles was born.  :)  

I have had some of the same cups you have and still have some displayed in a couple of cabinets, but I have sold some.  Because I go overboard every time I get into something and overbuy.  I also have a shelf with tea pots that I kept.

From a fundraiser craft show in 2012:  Image may contain: coffee cup and indoor

35 minutes ago, GailC said:

, Your flowers were gorgeous!  I have a jigsaw puzzle that looks like the up close flower picture...I haven't tackled it yet.  :) 

It must have been heart wrenching to move off and leave them.  I hope the new owners appreciated the treasure they were getting.  

I love teacups too!  And tea pots.  Nine years ago, I was at a garage sale, and a lady was selling her grandma's old cups and saucers.  Out of the blue, the thought popped in my head that those cups would make pretty candles.  And thus it began.  For a few years, I made candles in cups and mugs, mostly from the Goodwill.  Then I got interested in the beautiful bone china cups and saucers from England.  I had a booth at a flea market and sold my candles, as well as tea cups and saucers and lots of other goods.  But the cup candles just didn't sell at the booth, although I had sold a bunch outside of the booth.  So in 2014, I found some round jars to make pumpkin candles and the jar candles sold much better.  Then my supplier quit carrying those jars, so in January of 2015, I found a new jar, designed my own label and Colby Creek Candles was born.  :)  

I have had some of the same cups you have and still have some displayed in a couple of cabinets, but I have sold some.  Because I go overboard every time I get into something and overbuy.  I also have a shelf with tea pots that I kept

I was kind of lost without my  flowers....but the minute autumn rolled around and I didn't have to dig clean , store and label thousands of tubers I kinda got over it hahahahha

Your teacup candles are beautiful. ...I really enjoy hunting for special teacups and have made teacup candles as well...and like yours they we're not big sellers ...not sure why but that happens...yes I sold some on craigslist but they did not sell at the summer vintage market even at 10.00...so now the minute someone compliments them I give them a free  Teacup candle hahahah ... 

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2378.JPG

• Like 2

Oh your cups are so beautiful @Sunday! I don't make candles in cups anymore at all.  

When I first started, I would go to all the nearby Goodwills on Senior day to buy mugs and tea cups.  My granddaughter went with me once and said it was like a treasure hunt. But once I got into the bone china cups and saucers, Goodwill mugs didn't appeal to me anymore. I used to try to find the appropriate cup for a fragrance sometimes.  That was fun.

But jars are so much easier...the diameter is the same all the way down, so choosing the right wick is much easier.  :)  I may take a picture of my cups in the cabinet later.  I love to just look at them sometimes.  

9 hours ago, Marleigha said:

What were the overbearing pumpkin spice bottles you ordered?

I ordered pumpkin spice so of course it would be spicy,pumpkin cornbread,pumpkin creme brulee, not from CS. To me all i can smell is spice in them all. The creme brulee i was expecting to smell vanilla and brown sugar etc. 

I ended up adding in verry vanilla to the pumpkin creme brulee to tone the spice down..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GailC said:

I love to just look at them sometimes.  

I would love to see them Gail... in the meantime here are some  more ...sooo pretty.

I agree jars are  much simpler gail

well I've already forgotten about missing out on the candle science sale....sorry for getting off topic on this thread...my bad!

I would love to hear about everyone's orders once they arrive ..please post your thoughts on your new fragrances

IMG_3561.JPG

• Like 2

On 8/23/2018 at 10:52 PM, Marleigha said:

OHHH... Anyone tried the following:

Bamboo & Coconut 

Amber Noir

Egyptian Amber 

Cotton Tree

of these that I have tried in 6006 wax, my very favorites are Amber Noir and Cotton Tree.  I love anything amber so that's a no brainer for me.  I do like the Lone Star Mahogany Woods a bit better than this--more scent layers but this is great.  Cotton Tree is fabulous and doesn't smell anything like a clean linen scent--it's fresh and light and clean--love it

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 11:56 PM, Marleigha said:

@bfroberts If you don't mind me asking... What are some of your absolute favorites from CS?  Have you tried Pumpkin Caramel Crunch and Toasted Pumpkin Spice?  I'm up in the Air on what one to get a full pound size bottle of.  😊

Sorry I'm so late responding.

If I had to choose absolute favorites from CS, they'd probably be Christmas Hearth, Frasier Fir & Rain Water.  Other constant reorders are the MacApple, Apple Maple Bourbon, Pineapple Sage, Snickerdoodle, Honeydew, Oakmoss & Amber, Peach Nectar, Pink Magnolia, White Tea & Berries.

I don't care that much for pumpkin scents in general, so I'm not the best judge.  I didn't care for the Pumpkin Caramel Crunch - kinda generic to me.  The Toasted Pumpkin Spice is a more unique pumpkin scent, although some people say it's too toasted.  I like it.  The Pumpkin Chai is nice, as well, but not special.  I do use the Pumpkin Pie, but I mix it with Sweet Pumpkin from RE to tone down the spice.  Pumpkin Souffle sells well, but I don't care that much for it.

On 8/25/2018 at 11:05 AM, Sunday said:

LOVED them Gail...I knew each by name ....so much fun growing dahlias...but we moved and sadIy had to let them go.....but I have one more weakness....TEACUPS

I hope my desire to buy fragrances settles down as well ....you give me hope....I too like to go out to my shop and sniff them...(gosh that sounds ridiculous hahaha)

DSCN5844 (Small).JPG

DSCN1510.JPG

IMG_3624.JPG

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Sunday!! Wow!  I betcha those were hard to let go!!! Hopefully you dig a few up to take with you?  And those teacups are also beautiful!  I love the one in the very middle with the Heavy pink and gold scrolling.  But then I also love the one on the far left with the roses.  😇

On 8/25/2018 at 11:07 AM, GailC said:

@Marleigha, I bought the Pipe Smoke per special request from my cousin who wanted a large order of melts, but ended up buying 4 packs I think.

I don't hate the scent, but it's sure not one I would ever burn for myself.  I've tried 2 or 3 smokey scents through the years, but my customers just don't buy them.

Ahhh!  That's terrible!  I'm sorry that happened.  If you want to destash the pipe smoke LMK.  I just ordered a 1# bottle when they had the scent event but I absolutely love blending with that one! 

On 8/25/2018 at 11:21 AM, Sunday said:

I'll give it a shot on Monday Marleigha...fingers crossed...but honestly if it doesn't work out I will just move on to another supplier

I'm sure that they will help you.  CS truly has great customer service.  Fingers crossed for you! 🤞🏼 

5 hours ago, lightmyfire said:

of these that I have tried in 6006 wax, my very favorites are Amber Noir and Cotton Tree.  I love anything amber so that's a no brainer for me.  I do like the Lone Star Mahogany Woods a bit better than this--more scent layers but this is great.  Cotton Tree is fabulous and doesn't smell anything like a clean linen scent--it's fresh and light and clean--love it

Good to know!  I'm excited!  I took a chance and just went ahead and ordered the Pound six bottles of both Amber

Noir and Cotton Tree.  Gail said Cotton Tree smelled fab so I just went with it.  😇 I did get a sample of Egyptian Amber but had to cancel my order for Bamboo & Coconut and one other one at the very end because thy were gonna charge me an additional $14.60 because I guess the rest of my order was shipping from another warehouse but 2 of the 1 oz samples was going to be coming from the NC warehouse.  So I canceled both of them.  It stinks because I did want to smell them but it is what it is I guess.  I have to place an order with 3 places soon.... BC, JS & now Lonestar.  That Mahogany Woods is calling my name.  LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Sorry I'm so late responding.

If I had to choose absolute favorites from CS, they'd probably be Christmas Hearth, Frasier Fir & Rain Water.  Other constant reorders are the MacApple, Apple Maple Bourbon, Pineapple Sage, Snickerdoodle, Honeydew, Oakmoss & Amber, Peach Nectar, Pink Magnolia, White Tea & Berries.

I don't care that much for pumpkin scents in general, so I'm not the best judge.  I didn't care for the Pumpkin Caramel Crunch - kinda generic to me.  The Toasted Pumpkin Spice is a more unique pumpkin scent, although some people say it's too toasted.  I like it.  The Pumpkin Chai is nice, as well, but not special.  I do use the Pumpkin Pie, but I mix it with Sweet Pumpkin from RE to tone down the spice.  Pumpkin Souffle sells well, but I don't care that much for it.

Thank you @bfroberts  Better late then never, so no worries.  😊  I agree about Christmas Hearth!  I absolutely love. At one.  I just ordered a sample of rain.  The only ones I do t have from your list are:

Frasier Fir

Pink Magnolia

White Tea & Berries

I do have White Tea though.  One of my friends told me that she likes White Tea & Berries better than White Tea though.  😬  

Out of the Pumpkin Caramel Crunch & Toasted Pumpkin Spice the TPS sounded more appealing to me.  So I ordered the Pound size of that one and a sample of the Pumpkin Caramel Crunch.  So we shall see.  Thanks so much for your opinions on them.  Greatly appreciated!