CandleScience .99 cent sale is back!

kdmorgan

4 hours ago, Marleigha said:

I just made a post on this @kdmorgan I apologize as I didn't see this until right now.  😬  Any CS favorites that you can suggest?  

Hi Marleigha :)

My all-time favorite from Candlescience is their Banana Nut Bread. I know it's been around forever but I never get tired of it LOL

Some of my other favorite oldies but goodies...

Hansel & Gretel's House

Carmelized Prailines

Lemon Pound Cake

Mistletoe

Lavender

Strawberry Shortcake

Hazelnut Coffee

Pumpkin Souffle

Sea Salt and Orchid

Very Vanilla

Sandlewood

These all throw really well and smell great!

Some of the newer ones I have been tried...

Fallen Leaves - I didn't care for this one. I pick up a cologne smell but that may just be me

Pumpkin Chai - I really like this one a lot! I haven't got it wicked right yet but it's got a good throw so far despite that

Cypress & Bayberry - This is an amazing scent! If you like Bayberry you will love it!

Black Current Absynthe - I can't decide if I like this one or not LOL. It is definitely different and interesting and STRONG!

Hot Apple Pie - I'm not impressed with this one. I can't smell it real well. It is in wax I decided not to use though because I was having trouble with cold throw so I may give it another shot. Also, I have always had trouble picking up apple scents so I'm probably not the best person to review it LOL

Cardamom and Star Anise - It's an interesting scent and strong but, if you do not like black licorice, you will not like this one

Some I didn't like...

Caramel Popcorn - All I smell is the butter, no caramel. If you need a movie popcorn scent, this would probably work. I haven't tested it for hot throw

Cinnamon Chai - Just do not care for the scent at all. It does have a good hot throw though

Apple Maple Bourbon - Again this could be because my nose has trouble with Apple scents, but i didn't care for this one either. It has a ton of good reviews though so I suspect it's probably just me :)

Pomegranate  Cider - Another one I didn't care for. It's too tart for me

I haven't gotten these in wax yet but OOB scents I like...

Black Sea - It is a cologne type scent but I like it

Cinnamon Stick - I smell cinnamon sticks other people smell red hots

Snickerdoodle - Yummy 

Toasted Pumpkin Spice - This is such an awesome scent OOB. I have high hopes it will hold up in wax

Edited by kdmorgan
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kdmorgan said:

Fallen Leaves - I didn't care for this one. I pick up a cologne smell but that may just be me

Hot Apple Pie - I'm not impressed with this one. I can't smell it real well. It is in wax I decided not to use though because I was having trouble with cold throw so I may give it another shot. Also, I have always had trouble picking up apple scents so I'm probably not the best person to review it LOL

I have the the ones listed above tho i have not gotten them in wax yet.  Bought them a few weeks back when 2-3 of them were 99 cents.

Fallen Leaves OOB smells really good to me.

Cinnamon stick does smell like cinnamon sticks to me as well.

I also bought red hot cinnamon from them and oob it smells like red hots to me.  Both cinnamon fragrances smell different.

Hot Apple Pie OOB i can smell apple in it. 

I need to start pouring these soon to see how they will work out.

I am on the hunt for a good apple pie fragrance as well as a cinnamon fragrance.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2018 at 8:53 AM, kdmorgan said:

Hi Marleigha :)

My all-time favorite from Candlescience is their Banana Nut Bread. I know it's been around forever but I never get tired of it LOL

Some of my other favorite oldies but goodies...

Hansel & Gretel's House

Carmelized Prailines

Lemon Pound Cake

Mistletoe

Lavender

Strawberry Shortcake

Hazelnut Coffee

Pumpkin Souffle

Sea Salt and Orchid

Very Vanilla

Sandlewood

These all throw really well and smell great!

Pumpkin Chai - I really like this one a lot! I haven't got it wicked right yet but it's got a good throw so far despite that

Cypress & Bayberry - This is an amazing scent! If you like Bayberry you will love it!

Black Current Absynthe - I can't decide if I like this one or not LOL. It is definitely different and interesting and STRONG!

Cardamom and Star Anise - It's an interesting scent and strong but, if you do not like black licorice, you will not like this one

Some I didn't like...

Caramel Popcorn - All I smell is the butter, no caramel. If you need a movie popcorn scent, this would probably work. I haven't tested it for hot throw

Cinnamon Chai - Just do not care for the scent at all. It does have a good hot throw though

Apple Maple Bourbon - Again this could be because my nose has trouble with Apple scents, but i didn't care for this one either. It has a ton of good reviews though so I suspect it's probably just me :)

Pomegranate  Cider - Another one I didn't care for. It's too tart for me

Black Sea - It is a cologne type scent but I like it

Snickerdoodle - Yummy 

Toasted Pumpkin Spice - This is such an awesome scent OOB. I have high hopes it will hold up in wax

Thank you for such great detailed information!  So kind!  I have to agree with you on the Banana Nut Bread!  It's fabulous in my wax!  I have mixed this one with Vanilla Frosted Grahams and loved it even more!  I have to say that their Pumpkin Soufflé is hands down the best pumpkin scent I have ever used.  With that being said I see that they have like 4-5 other Pumpkin FO's.... I had my eyes on the Toasted Pumpkin Spice and the Pumpkin Chai.... what ones smells the best OOB?  I'm looking to roll the dice and get a 16 oz bottle of one of them with this sample order.  But I will also be getting a 16 oz of 5-6 others.  From your list I also have and love H&G's House, Black Sea, Mistletoe, Snickerdoodle, Hazelnut Coffee, Strawberry Shortcake & Very Vanilla.  Want to try the Caramelized Pralines so bad!!! 

On 8/22/2018 at 11:21 AM, ncraiders said:

I have the the ones listed above tho i have not gotten them in wax yet.  Bought them a few weeks back when 2-3 of them were 99 cents.

Fallen Leaves OOB smells really good to me.

Cinnamon stick does smell like cinnamon sticks to me as well.

I also bought red hot cinnamon from them and oob it smells like red hots to me.  Both cinnamon fragrances smell different.

Hot Apple Pie OOB i can smell apple in it. 

I need to start pouring these soon to see how they will work out.

I am on the hunt for a good apple pie fragrance as well as a cinnamon fragrance.

Definitely would like to sample CS's Fallen Leaves.  I have the one from RE & enjoy it!  Thanks for sharing some of the ones you have smelled.  

On 8/22/2018 at 11:50 AM, ScentedPleasurez said:

@Marleigha

I feel the same way as @kdmorgan about the Black Current Absinthe .  it is a strong one though

Sea salt and orchid is a great spa like fragrance. I couldnt stsnd it at first oob, but i really like it now.

Yeesssss!!!  I had a sample of Sea Salt & Orchid and fell in love with it in wax!  TFS!  

• Like 1