Dust covers & boxes

On 8/20/2018 at 9:33 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

Has anyone ever ordered from box co-op or have gotten a quote before? I ran across them while surfing

https://www.boxcoop.com/boxes-by-industry/candles/dust-cover-lid/

No I haven't. But I visited the link you gave us and they have some nice stuff. Don't just go to the candle industry section and leave if you don't see what you want, though. I browsed through the other industry tabs and you might find what you're looking for there.  I didn't.  I've looked everywhere and can't find a plastic cover for a jar I've got. It's square and at the top, which is the widest point, 3.5" x 3.5" OD. Rounded on the corners. 4 3/8 on the top diagonally. Any suggestions where to look?

Any one?

36 minutes ago, Quentin said:

No I haven't. But I visited the link you gave us and they have some nice stuff. Don't just go to the candle industry section and leave if you don't see what you want, though. I browsed through the other industry tabs and you might find what you're looking for there.  I didn't.  I've looked everywhere and can't find a plastic cover for a jar I've got. It's square and at the top, which is the widest point, 3.5" x 3.5" OD. Rounded on the corners. 4 3/8 on the top diagonally. Any suggestions where to look?

Any one?

Hi @Quentin. Darn, I know I have seen them before and I thought I bookmarked them but I didn't. I even did a few searches and this is all I found. https://www.candlemakingsupplies.net/glass-container-jars---lids/pvc-metal-lids-for-glass-candles/cate_105/p___P0906069.html

https://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/plastic-cover-large-square.html

https://aaacandlesupply.com/collections/containers/products/large-cube-metal-lid

• Thanks 1

I think you may have found it @Laura ! I went to the first link and that is the type lid I need. Looking around the site I found this: https://www.candlemakingsupplies.net/glass--boxes--jars--lids/glass-containers---jars/cate_104/p___P0941826.html   That's my jar!   Only mine is more like 12 oz.  However, the 3.5" dimensions it gives match up with mine. Thank you! I've got it bookmarked. After I posted that yesterday, I did manage to find one that looks like what I need. It all depends on from where they measure. Outside to Outside, inside to inside or from the center of the groove. The lady at the company I found yesterday is sending me a sample. I think I'll ask these people to do the same. Now we're getting somewhere. :rockon: Hey, you're pretty good at this.

15 hours ago, Laura C said:

I browsed through the other industry tabs and you might find what you're looking for there. 

Edited by Quentin
Syntax error.
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 1:38 PM, Quentin said:

I think you may have found it @Laura ! I went to the first link and that is the type lid I need. Looking around the site I found this: https://www.candlemakingsupplies.net/glass--boxes--jars--lids/glass-containers---jars/cate_104/p___P0941826.html   That's my jar!   Only mine is more like 12 oz.  However, the 3.5" dimensions it gives match up with mine. Thank you! I've got it bookmarked. After I posted that yesterday, I did manage to find one that looks like what I need. It all depends on from where they measure. Outside to Outside, inside to inside or from the center of the groove. The lady at the company I found yesterday is sending me a sample. I think I'll ask these people to do the same. Now we're getting somewhere. :rockon: Hey, you're pretty good at this.

Cool, glad you're making progress @Quentin. I like those square jars. And you could always do a square paper dust cover if needed.

17 hours ago, Laura C said:

Cool, glad you're making progress @Quentin. I like those square jars. And you could always do a square paper dust cover if needed.

Hey, wait a minute. I just noticed you mentioned square paper dust covers. That would work too. 

3 minutes ago, Quentin said:

Hey, wait a minute. I just noticed you mentioned square paper dust covers. That would work too. 

Yes, and you could DIY or use an online print service. Search for "labels" on here and you will find lots of helpful info.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 7:33 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

Has anyone ever ordered from box co-op or have gotten a quote before? I ran across them while surfing

https://www.boxcoop.com/boxes-by-industry/candles/dust-cover-lid/

I used to order from them. They are really close so no shipping. They started out nice but got to be a PITA. When they made my dust covers they would wait until they got an order that there would be extra space between whatever they were cutting to fit my order in. Does that make sense? Instead of just making my order, they would “fit my order in”. The orders started taking longer and longer to get. I stopped using them when they started acting like it was somehow my fault that they were late with my orders. 

I recently found these guys. They have much better prices, they are super nice and occomodating. http://www.westernpress.net/CandleCoverTwoColor.html They sent me quite a few samples. They have a very big selection of papers and print type options.

BTW I have a few dust covers for sale in the classifieds. You should take a look.

• Like 1

@Jeana thank you! I had just came across them while searching around and it seemed that they had a quality product.

I seen your post in the classifieds but i only had 100 containers that i was looking for a cover for, they are colored and brown beige wouldnt look good with them imo but thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quentin said:

I'm interested in taking a look. We have a classified section on this forum?

Yes, If you hit the forum button, then go down to the last item on the menu and it will say classified there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 12:38 PM, Quentin said:

After I posted that yesterday, I did manage to find one that looks like what I need. It all depends on from where they measure. Outside to Outside, inside to inside or from the center of the groove. The lady at the company I found yesterday is sending me a sample.

May I ask what company you found them at..? I LOVE these jars and have been searching high and low for lids, with no luck. I've currently been trying to make my own paper dust covers, but my impatience is killing me and I'm pretty sure my kids have learned a new word or two in the process. 🙃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C. Rochelle said:

May I ask what company you found them at..? I LOVE these jars and have been searching high and low for lids, with no luck. I've currently been trying to make my own paper dust covers, but my impatience is killing me and I'm pretty sure my kids have learned a new word or two in the process. 🙃

Well, I never found any that would work. Mostly I saw round and more round. The one square one that was sent to me though, was from Candle Packaging, USA. Their selection consists of exactly two items. Large & small. 

I even took another path and looked for companies that sold to food service and take out restaurants. Nothing. I just gave up. If you'd like to take the baton and speed off down the track, by all means do and let us know what you find.:)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Quentin said:

I even took another path and looked for companies that sold to food service and take out restaurants. Nothing. I just gave up. If you'd like to take the baton and speed off down the track, by all means do and let us know what you find.:)

🤣 I  may end up doing it! Dust covers are going to make me crazy! I did find some sleeve type things... Waiting on a quote from the company. I'll try to find the link... Probably going to contact one of the local printing/sign shops and see if they can do something similar.

2 hours ago, C. Rochelle said:

This is what I found and may try.. Would work as a dust cover and maybe keep people from sticking their fingers in the wax.

https://pakfactory.com/sleeve-with-tapered-side-panel.html

I saw some of those sleeve things too. I can't remember why I backed away on them. The link you've given here doesn't look familiar, so I'll check it out. What material were you using to make your own dust covers?

3 hours ago, Quentin said:

I saw some of those sleeve things too. I can't remember why I backed away on them. The link you've given here doesn't look familiar, so I'll check it out. What material were you using to make your own dust covers?

I'm just using cardstock... Debating about trying glossy cardstock, I'm just in penny-pinching mode right now

• Like 1