Nature’s Garden recommendations

Forrest

Due to circumstances beyond my control I have to place an order with Nature’s Garden, It’s all Trap’s fault, but let’s not go into that. As long as I’m paying shipping for one FO I might as well try some samples, especially since I can order them with no guilt at all. So if anyone has recommendations for their FOs that work well in candles I would love to hear them.

11 hours ago, Forrest said:

Due to circumstances beyond my control I have to place an order with Nature’s Garden, It’s all Trap’s fault, but let’s not go into that. As long as I’m paying shipping for one FO I might as well try some samples, especially since I can order them with no guilt at all. So if anyone has recommendations for their FOs that work well in candles I would love to hear them.

Ok Forest, since it's all my fault, lol.....here are a couple more from NG that I sell to the shop downtown you went in and they are great throwers...

Vanilla Champagne (Didn't you get that one when you were here?)  You can actually smell the bubbles...

Vanilla Pear -  This is a real beautiful scent - it is a little light but still stands on its own.  You could probably bump the oil up a notch or 2 in a pound of wax.

OMG Olive -   Another great one is this.  You sure smell the olive in it.   This too is a little light but very smooth and can stand on its own also.  I rename this for her shop to:   Tuscan Olive Leaf

There you go for my recommendations.

Trappeur

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Ok Forest, since it's all my fault, lol.....here are a couple more from NG that I sell to the shop downtown you went in and they are great throwers...

Vanilla Champagne (Didn't you get that one when you were here?)  You can actually smell the bubbles...

Vanilla Pear -  This is a real beautiful scent - it is a little light but still stands on its own.  You could probably bump the oil up a notch or 2 in a pound of wax.

OMG Olive -   Another great one is this.  You sure smell the olive in it.   This too is a little light but very smooth and can stand on its own also.  I rename this for her shop to:   Tuscan Olive Leaf

There you go for my recommendations.

Trappeur

Yes that was the one. You could have been nice when I ask where you got it and told me to go tale a long walk on a short pier, but you had to be mean and a answer my question. What is worse is my wife loves that little jar and thinks I should get them to use for all my candles, but none of the suppliers I use carry them. Thanks for the recommendations, I need a good pear so I'll put that one at the top of my list.

I have loads of NG fragrance oils.

Eucalyptus & Spearmint - A best seller although not one of my favorites

Hot Orange Danish 

Winter Candy Apple

Tinsel

Apple Orchard

Potpourri Spice

I like lots of others too, but they are spring/summer fragrances

Tropical Blast

Monkey Farts

Coco Mango - My family and I love this one!

Australian Bamboo Grass

Cottage Breezes

Lily of the Valley - I don't like floral scents but customers like this one.

Those are some I like.  Just steer clear of the World's best Fresh Brewed Coffee.  Yuk.  And Guardian Angel...only the name is pretty.

Edited by GailC
  • Thanks 1

I get a LOT of my scents from NG and honestly there are very few (for me anyway) that are duds or "misses" as some call it. 

I can agree with what everyone has said - but one not mentioned, if you want a masculine scent is Perfect Man. It's a bit on the pricey side, but man o man is it good. I do have a hard time buying that one because of the price point, however it's worth it. Every time I offer it, in any medium, it's one of the first to sell. 

Here are a few off the top of my head I like: (I know some have been mentioned before) 

Perfect Man

Coco Mango

Tropical Blast

Vanilla Silk

Pear Berry 

Elf Sweat

Reindeer Poo

Vanilla Champagne 

Bite Me (VERY STRONG CHERRY- I drop down to 4% in all my applications with this one) 

OMG Olive

Pumpkin Spice (not skin safe if that matters) 

Warm Apple Pie - don't remember if this is skin safe if it matters

Wedding Day (not skin safe if that matters) 

I have many many more I've tried/used/loved that I just cannot think of off the top of my head, but will add to the list when I get home this afternoon. 

• Thanks 1

My must haves from NG(in 415):

Apple Pecan Sage

Beach Bum

Black Raspberry Vanilla

Carrot Cake

Champagne Pear

Children's Room

Cranberry Relish

Frozen Margarita

Green Clover & Aloe

Rosewood Musk

Rum Raisin

Vanilla Bean

Vanilla Oak

Warm Vanilla Sugar

Water Lily & Jasmine

Edited by Lighten Up
  • Thanks 1

@Forrest, I hope you didn't place that order yet, because you HAVE to order their Garden Dirt! Just a little 8oz bottle because it will last you forever, but I truly don't know how I made outdoorsy blends without it.

I also love Rain Barrel, it is a beautiful and authentic water with very light floral notes that is amazing in wax.

And I can't make it through winter without their Christmas Splendor, it is my favorite out of all the ones I've tried, I love that theirs is a little fruitier than other supplier's.

Some other great performers for me are:

Black Tuxedo (great dupe of Polo Black, very sexy and manly)

Class and Sass (my favorite dupe of Chanel no.5, also my favorite perfume)

China Rain (hippy smell)

Nantucket Garden (mom and sis live in New England and love this dupe)

Torrential Rain (watery floral, I like to mix it with patchouli)

Paradise Reef

Lavender Luxury, very pleasant lavender

There are many that I use in soap, but are only so-so in wax.

I agree with Gail, stay away from the world's best coffee, it isn't. Their fresh ginger is terrible. Vanilla Bean is blah, as is cinnamon sticks. Sweet Patchouli is weird and doesn't throw, and their Witches Brew is the exact same fragrance with some orange thrown in. But that's out of at least 50-60 oils that I've tried from them. I have definitely received way more winners from them than duds!

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for all these great recommendations!  I anticipated that some would come in late so I only ordered 8oz of the FO I wanted.  The big order will come when I have tested the samples I ordered and I'll get the rest of the samples then. Really ordering samples just implies that your going to place another order, and as longs as you are placing an order you should try some more samples, which just implies that your going to place another order.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Forrest said:

Thank you everyone for all these great recommendations!  I anticipated that some would come in late so I only ordered 8oz of the FO I wanted.  The big order will come when I have tested the samples I ordered and I'll get the rest of the samples then. Really ordering samples just implies that your going to place another order, and as longs as you are placing an order you should try some more samples, which just implies that your going to place another order.

It's really a horrible cycle us FO-HOs find ourselves in. I am up to my ears in 1oz samples from all my suppliers, but I can't seem to stop collecting them. NG is pretty good, and at a good price and fair shipping (to me, anyways...but I'm only a couple states away).  I'll have to go through my list and make some more recommendations. Although some of this is a repeat, off the top of my head I really like (using parasoy pillar wax, mostly for melts, also have used most of these in room sprays or reed diffusers as well):

• Green Clover & Aloe
  • Nectarine & Mint (though I add more CS Garden Mint to it)
  • Brown Sugar & Fig
  • Peppermint Patty
  • Freesia
  • Blue Hydrangea
  • Apple Orchard
  • Bamboo & White Grapefruit
  • Mrs Claus Cookies
  • Christmas Cabin
  • Spiced Cranberry
  • Gingered Peach

I do not like:

• ANY of their coffees. (I tend to gravitate to RE for coffee based scents)
  • ANY of their tobacco / cigar scents. (To my nose, they are pretty perfumey and almost citrusy, which is not what I prefer. People seem to like them, so maybe it's just me!)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2018 at 7:20 PM, Lighten Up said:

My must haves from NG(in 415):

Apple Pecan Sage

Beach Bum

Black Raspberry Vanilla

Carrot Cake

Champagne Pear

Children's Room

Cranberry Relish

Frozen Margarita

Green Clover & Aloe

Rosewood Musk

Rum Raisin

Vanilla Bean

Vanilla Oak

Warm Vanilla Sugar

Water Lily & Jasmine

Hows the Carrot Cake? Is it mostly spice or does it smell authentic ? I see Aztec has one too with good reviews . Ahhhh decisions, decisions  lol !

10 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Hows the Carrot Cake? Is it mostly spice or does it smell authentic ? I see Aztec has one too with good reviews . Ahhhh decisions, decisions  lol !

I find it to be very true, I can smell the carrot cake and the cream cheese frosting. 

• Thanks 1

My plan is working well. I only ordered the 4oz size of Vanilla Champagne, and everyone loves it and I'm burning through the 4 ounces quickly Soon I'll be forced to place another order with NG and of course I'll have to order lots samples sizes based on all these excellent recommendations. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 9:22 AM, Forrest said:

My plan is working well. I only ordered the 4oz size of Vanilla Champagne, and everyone loves it and I'm burning through the 4 ounces quickly Soon I'll be forced to place another order with NG and of course I'll have to order lots samples sizes based on all these excellent recommendations. 

I seriously need to quit reading your posts lol! I'm trying to work down my stash of NG so I can sneak some of the Vanilla Champagne into an order to try it out. I can't just buy one fragrance. It's just not worth the shipping.

7 hours ago, Scented said:

I seriously need to quit reading your posts lol! I'm trying to work down my stash of NG so I can sneak some of the Vanilla Champagne into an order to try it out. I can't just buy one fragrance. It's just not worth the shipping.

It's not my fault, Trap made me buy it and now I can't live without it.