Essentials by catalina

I have never ordered from them, but they have a lot of intriguing products. I know their B&B bases get rave reviews.

In general, it seems like I get the best throw and the most winners from companies that specialize in wax products, such as CS, CW, Flaming, etc.; a range of great to terrible from companies that dabble in wax and B&B, like Aztec and NG, and not many winners from companies that are mostly B&B like Nurture and WSP. That's just my personal observation though, and I will be the first to admit that I haven't been doing this as long as others who may have differing opinions. 😁

Since you posted this though, I'm going to hop over there and check it out because I make a lot of soap too! 😆

• Like 1

EBC is like most every other company when it comes to scents. You are going to have hits and misses. 

I've used a few scents from them. I don't remember off the top of my head which ones they were, but I do remember thinking I needed to buy more scents from them to test out, so that tells me they were good enough in all my applications that I would buy again. 

Not sure if that helps at all, but that's my experience with them. 

• Like 1

I was totally having a blonde moment day yesterday lol

They are not for candle use strictly bath and body,but my mind kept taking it from a candle perspective "safe for bath and body"  😇

Im not trying to create a bomb over here. Lol

Great prices and like @Sarah S  i have heard nothing but good about this company.

@Jcandleattic thank you! I am still going to order a couple fragrances that i seen. Ill whip something up with them. 

30 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

They are not for candle use strictly bath and body,but my mind kept taking it from a candle perspective "safe for bath and body"  😇

I guess I don't understand what this statement means. I have used them in candles. IMO soap and candle scents can be interchangeable as long as the scent is skin safe at a high enough %. 

Unless they have water in them or are water based fragrances (which, personally I have never seen at any reputable FO supplier) then I would think they would be fine in candle/wax formulas. The ones I got from them worked just fine in my candles. 

I was convinced that since they were safe in bath and body that they could be used in candles as well. 

The majority of all fo that i purchase i try to make sure that i can use them in other applications.

I emailed them last night,and the response that i got back this morning was that they are not formulated for candle making.

I've never had a B&B safe fo that I didn't use in candles, it's more the other way around with being careful to have B&B safe for those products.

I think what they are telling you is they don't formulate and test in candles only in B&B.

Edited by kandlekrazy

48 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I emailed them last night,and the response that i got back this morning was that they are not formulated for candle making

Just because they aren't formulated for wax doesnt' mean they won't work with wax. 

31 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I think what they are telling you is they don't formulate and test in candles only in B&B.

Yes, this.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

EBC has a little bit of a sale going now.  Have any of you dabbled in their FOs and can comment on them?  Or anything else from there, really.  Candybee turned me onto that Hydrating Cleansing Conditioner by so sweetly sending me a jar to try, and I think I'm going to finally get a jug of it. 

Edited by Darbla

• 2 weeks later...

They are located near me, so I have used them a lot.  I use many of their essential oils and a few of their fragrance oils. Their lotion bases were wonderful until they started using a new perservative that did not smell good to me. I do like their body spray and Goat's milk liquid hand soap bases.  They have been great for the most part. 

I have noticed that a few of their fragrance oils smoke a little when making my candle melts. When I say smoked, I mean that I can see them evaporating off the wax as I stir. I do mix in my FOs when my wax is quite hot, but I have noticed this visual evaporation more on their fos then from any other companies.  Not sure why this happens, lower flash point perhaps??, but it does.  I usually add a little more than my 10% FO and still have a strong candle melt. (I have not made wicked candles with them, so not sure how they would behave)

Edited by ktaggard

• 5 months later...

I just ordered several summer 

scents and I'm excited to get them

a few I recall ordering are 

Lavender sea salt 

beach bum 

Caribbean splash

cocomango  

Beach hair 

SoCal vibes 

Dole Whip 🍍

Pineapple 🍍 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 7:48 PM, Moonstar said:

I just ordered several summer 

scents and I'm excited to get them

a few I recall ordering are 

Lavender sea salt 

beach bum 

Caribbean splash

cocomango  

Beach hair 

SoCal vibes 

Dole Whip 🍍

Pineapple 🍍 

hi did you like these fragrances that you got? Were they  strong? They sound really good especially that Dole Whip

On 7/17/2020 at 1:09 PM, ShelleyF said:

hi did you like these fragrances that you got? Were they  strong? They sound really good especially that Dole Whip

I did like them. The only one I was so so was Caribbean splash. 

Dole was really good just a small touch of vanilla to make it creamy 

I'm using SoCal to make my daughter a body spray 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I did like them. The only one I was so so was Caribbean splash. 

Dole was really good just a small touch of vanilla to make it creamy 

I'm using SoCal to make my daughter a body spray 

Thank you. I wonder if their 4 pounds for $10 is any good lol that's crazy. 

21 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

They have one called biscotti and I bet you it's good I'm going to get it. At least it's a fragrance I can fix if it's not good.

Bescented or Scentsational Soap supply ? Thank you for chiming in. I really appreciate it :) 

On 7/22/2020 at 6:24 AM, Moonstar said:

Bescented or Scentsational Soap supply ? Thank you for chiming in. I really appreciate it :) 

I am just getting back on here I forgot to check to see if you wrote. No it's from Essentials by Catalina.

• Like 1