Jump to content
MrDan

They have arrived!

Recommended Posts

So my new Pourette molds arrived on Saturday, and this is them! I used CBL-141 (candlewics pillar/votive blend that’s the same as the hobby lobby “premium wax”), a piece of colored scrap wax, and the remnants of some Sage fragrance oil! I now I have a 9 oz raccoon and a 12 oz snail! 

C062711E-983F-475E-A48D-509EB4391734.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hopie said:

Totally cute! Raccoon needs eyeballs, LOL! 

 

Its not as detailed as I had hoped, but the eyeballs will be more visible when I use a deeper or darker color. The scrap of dyed wax I used was close to 1/4 oz to the almost 2 pounds of wax I used! I’m surprised any color showed up, but I’m really happy with how it’s settling in;

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sarah S said:

So cute! Love how glossy that 141 is, it looks like you glazed them!

 

It really does come out super glossy! Here’s another of the raccoon I just pulled last night! More of that wonderful 141, a few drops of ivory dye, and a nice Redwood & Cedar FO. I think I’ll light him tomorrow night!

94F46A58-2F01-45C3-B2D9-C047F2BDB0FE.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrDan said:

It really does come out super glossy!

The plastic mold has a lot to do with that as well as the wax. I always get super glossy candles when I use plastic molds. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrDan said:

 

It really does come out super glossy! Here’s another of the raccoon I just pulled last night! More of that wonderful 141, a few drops of ivory dye, and a nice Redwood & Cedar FO. I think I’ll light him tomorrow night!

94F46A58-2F01-45C3-B2D9-C047F2BDB0FE.jpeg

 

There he is! The little guy looks so great! Totally cute! Tell us how you like the scent? I'm curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2018 at 12:26 PM, MrDan said:

So my new Pourette molds arrived on Saturday, and this is them! I used CBL-141 (candlewics pillar/votive blend that’s the same as the hobby lobby “premium wax”), a piece of colored scrap wax, and the remnants of some Sage fragrance oil! I now I have a 9 oz raccoon and a 12 oz snail! 

C062711E-983F-475E-A48D-509EB4391734.jpeg

 

Such adorable molds, great job!

 

I just have to add that I confirmed with CW today that their quality, custom blends (CBL) are NOT available in craft stores.  Their basic paraffin wax choices are what is offered in your local craft store and can also be found via their website here...

 

https://www.candlewic.com/store/category.aspx?q=c49&title=Paraffin-Wax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, lovelyscents said:

 

Such adorable molds, great job!

 

I just have to add that I confirmed with CW today that their quality, custom blends (CBL) are NOT available in craft stores.  Their basic paraffin wax choices are what is offered in your local craft store and can also be found via their website here...

 

https://www.candlewic.com/store/category.aspx?q=c49&title=Paraffin-Wax

 

I stand corrected.

I was told by a Hobby Lobby employee that it was CW under a different name. Shortly after I posted the original I had to go pick some up because I ran out of my CBL. The waxes are very similar in almost every aspect, except the Country Lane (Craftstore brand) has a much better hot throw. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MrDan said:

 

I stand corrected.

I was told by a Hobby Lobby employee that it was CW under a different name. Shortly after I posted the original I had to go pick some up because I ran out of my CBL. The waxes are very similar in almost every aspect, except the Country Lane (Craftstore brand) has a much better hot throw. 

Interesting 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...