Does anyone sell Poo Spray?

ShelleyF

• 1 month later...

Not a seller here but do make a Poo spray for the household usage.......I have two men that are heavy meat eaters and the smell coming from the bathroom can be breathtaking,,,,,,,,,,,I take a 2oz spray bottle, add some FO of choice(what I like to smell), add some water and some fragrance emulisfier...I don''t even waste my time and money on cyclo since it is made for in house only........I have trained my guys to spray the scent before they leave the bathroom................or risk being written out of the will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2018 at 4:09 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

I mean we all have to go to the bathroom but sometimes it's not enough time to spray the water b4 u gotta go. 

I don't know any.one who sprays the water before they go. Every room/poo spray ect., I've seen or used is a room spray you spray after you go and before you leave the room. 

Why would you spray the water before you go? Not sure that would help with anything to be truthful. 

53 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

I don't know any.one who sprays the water before they go. Every room/poo spray ect., I've seen or used is a room spray you spray after you go and before you leave the room. 

Why would you spray the water before you go? Not sure that would help with anything to be truthful. 

Poopourri "just spray the water before you go and no one else will ever know" is very effective. It does create a kind of stink barrier in the water ;)  

The trick with a “before you go” spray is to choose the right surfactant to allow the blend to spread over the top of the bowl easily to create the barrier needed to keep the gasses under the water. This prevents foul odor from getting into the air in the room which keeps the space and adjoining rooms from smelling rank. Having to spray the air after going is too late. 

They really do work! You can spray after a flush to prime the bowl for the next time. Once upon a time, long before the poo pourri came out, I used Air freshener sprays in the bowl itself in a busy small office with a shared single bathroom. Worked fairly well. At least my desk didn’t get engulfed in the nasty fog.  I’ve not gone into any depth creating a formula since getting my own bath room, lol. 

Supposedly, the "original" forms a very thin layer on the surface of the water, and anything passing through that layer is coated with the product. I think I read somewhere that it also helps prevent film buildup and unsightly rings within the bowl - probably because of the surfactants in it.

... and ya'll ninja'd me while I was writing that.

• Haha 1

So because I love you guys, I started digging. The environmental working group gives the original product the grade of “F” simply because they never list their ingredient anywhere. The MSDS is pretty limited also,with the citrus oils being the hazard classed in the document.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/b8/b8e35b59-bb48-4f52-b7ab-d817459d6df5.pdf

this tells us a few things. First, they use essential oils in the original citrus spray. Inexpensive ones at that. The entire bottle won’t have much EO or the plastic components would get gooey and melt.

Second, no other alcohols are listed. So DIY recipes with rubbing alcohol etc. are not going to come close. Though alcohol would help prevent bacteria and Protozoa from growing.

third, the emulsifier used is probably pretty simple. It’s white, so not totally solubilizing the essential oils. It does not create foam when shaken, so SLS, etc. is not likely the one. The product also instructs to shake shake shake.

I’ve read formulas that use glycerin. This could be onto something. I’ll give it a go in a clear bottle when I get to the shop. 

A simple way to see if it is spreading versus mixing into the bowl water would be to ad some liquid food colorant. The goal is to make a film, not blend into the water. A side goal is to prevent ring around the bowl that needs to be cleaned! 

I think it's nothing more than H2O, EO (or FO or both), poly 20, and a preservative.    And I think the reason they don't disclose is because it really is just that simple. 
But what do I know?

Edited by bfroberts

1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

The whole concept of poo pourri is it's an oil based spray that you spray 3-5 sprays in the toilet, it puts a layer of oil on the water so when u do your business the layer of oil is supposed to keep the scent below. That's been out for years. Otherwise it's just an air freshener and not a "poo spray" 

I didn't know they had an "original" scent but meant original as in the first toilet spray of that kind.

Their site states that they use essential oils and natural compounds. Nothing harsh, parabens, phthalates, aerosol, formaldehyde, petroleum distillates, ethanol, and benzene. It's specific about the ethanol. Curiosity has me wondering if that's because there could another alcohol in it. Isopropyl alcohol, perhaps?

The recipes that use glycerin might be hitting something with the consistency. Poo-Pourri seemed like a very thin lotion - not quite watery but not creamy either - the last time I saw a bottle. Water, isopropyl alcohol, glycerin, EO, polysorbate 20, maybe a non-ionic PEG surfactant... AFAIK, EO + polysorbate-20 added to water will create a milky liquid. Whether or not it holds and doesn't separate over time, IDK, but maybe that's why it says to shake.

• 2 months later...

Was wondering if anyone came up with an answer to the glycerin question on this one.

I make it for my home and my boyfriend's business, but its just distilled water, FO and rubbing alcohol.  I'm starting to get requests to sell it, but i've never ventured into body care or room sprays before.

If i replace the distilled water and rubbing alcohol with a 50/50 mix of water and polysorabte 20 will that work?