My Jelly Doughnut arrived!

Forrest

My WSP order arrived yesterday and the first thing I did was smell the Jelly Doughnut. I can’t say that t is what I’ll be burning at my house when nobody else is around, but what a fun fragrance! I do know what I’ll be doing with it right away. Last week my eight year old granddaughter was here for a visit and I told her I had ordered the famous Jelly Doughnut FO, it was a little secret between us because her grandmother doesn’t know I ordered more FOs. She was excited to smell it. She left several items that would not fit in her luggage for the trip back so we’ll be boxing them up and mailing them, and in the bottom of that package she’ll find a Jelly Doughnut candle. She is really going to love this one.

• Like 5

I burned my jelly donut tester today.  It threw decently for just a few days cure.  I wouldn't call it a powerhouse, but the scent lingered for a couple of hours after I extinguished the candle.  I only ordered a 4oz to test.  I think I'll do clams with the rest. 

I hope your granddaughter loves her candle.  It is a fun scent.  My granddaughter is 8 also, but she wrinkles her nose at all my scents.  She's a hard one to please.

• Like 1

My Jelly Doughnut candle in an 11oz tureen. It has good CT and I'm hoping the HT matches that. I didn't test the FO in wax so I'm calling this my test candle. I still have a little work to do on the inking process on the threaded part of the container, but I don't think she'll mind the flaws.

IMG_1700.thumb.jpg.cb1c6ca24ea25df01a280b547ac4018d.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/31/2018 at 11:48 PM, bfroberts said:

I burned my jelly donut tester today.  It threw decently for just a few days cure.  I wouldn't call it a powerhouse, but the scent lingered for a couple of hours after I extinguished the candle.  I only ordered a 4oz to test.  I think I'll do clams with the rest. 

I hope your granddaughter loves her candle.  It is a fun scent.  My granddaughter is 8 also, but she wrinkles her nose at all my scents.  She's a hard one to please.

I'm going to test the donut again and maybe give it a longer cure time like maybe 3 weeks....I would really like it to work for me....

Trappeur

• 2 months later...

I just poured the jelly donut and when testing I always place the candle in my smallest room and move from there. It rocked in the small room, so I moved it to the den. It threw well there also...even with a ceiling fan on low. I then moved it to the main living room which is open floor plan, and it had an amazing hot throw there. This one is a keeper, I'll be getting some poured before advertising the new scent to our line.

• Like 1